shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 13th Nov till 19th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2006 1:04:42 PM
Author: Becky P
So far, no workouts this week. I told you guys I''m a total procrastinator when it comes to working out... But, I''ve been eating really healthy! Between that and the run on Friday, I''ve somehow kicked off 2 lbs. - although some of that might be water weight. If I don''t work out in the mornings, it just really doesn''t happen. So, tomorrow I''m gonna try to get off my keester and get movin''. The cold, dreary winter weather isn''t helping me out at all though.

Rod - So great to hear about your Raleigh trip! Although several of the LIW are mad at me right now, I''ve decided to go with my gut and go with my bf to check out Raleigh and just see if it''s even a place we''d like to live. We''re flying out after work on Wed., Nov. 29 and will be there through Sun., Dec. 3. We''ll both work during the day Th and Fri, then we''ll have evenings and the weekend to explore. From what people have said and the research we''ve done, we''re either looking at living Inside Belt Loop or in Cary. Did you check out Cary at all? If so, what did you think? It''s kind of a bummer that there''s not many places inside the belt loop for sale. Most likely we''ll be looking for a 3 bedroom condo or townhouse when we go. Not certain yet, but looks like we''ll be moving in together. And, of course, before we can move, we''ll have to sell his townhouse here and then buy one down there. So, it''s looking like Feb. 1 for us if we do actually decide to make the move. Everything is still really up in the air right now, but the next few weeks/months should help settle everything out. I figure, Raleigh is kinda the south and people are skinnier down there, so I better get my butt in gear so I''m not some big fatso traipsing down the road... lol Well, would love to hear if you saw Cary and what you thought of it...
Hey Becky........I''m sure you will really enjoy your visit to Raleigh. Yes, we''ve actually been to Cary on many occassions. We have friends there. It''s just not the place for us. Though it''s beautiful, and filled with manicured community after manicured community, it just isn''t the urban lifestyle we are seeking. It''s also more of a family (meaning wonderful place to raise 2.5 kids) but that''s just so not us. Inside the beltline is more progressive (democrat) versus outside the beltline which demographically is more conservative (republican). Not that''s there anything wrong with being republican, but we''re bleeding heart liberals and we wouldn''t be happy in the conservative burbs. LOL

Also, there were several townhome options that were available inside the beltline. Some are new and they were very nice. But, we''ve grown to love more of a highrise condo all on one floor lifestyle and our furnishings just wouldn''t work in any of the townhomes we saw. We also went to a newer community in the Cary area, called Briarcreek. It''s one of those new areas that sprang up about 2 years ago and is being built out really fast. It has all the requisite strip plaza''s with Panera Bread, grocery stores, Best Buy, Starbucks, etc., but it''s just too manicured and new for us. We really wanted the feel of the older more established, not completely manicured urban areas.

LOL about your comment that Raleigh''s the south and people are skinnier. We saw all manners of people as one would expect in a metropolitan area. Raleigh is mostly filled with transplants because of Research Triangle Park and the high number of technology corporations in the RTP area. Plus with three Universities in the Triangle (Duke, University of NC and NC State) it''s very progressive and eclectic. Don''t get me wrong, I''m a big believer in being as fit as possible, but don''t worry if you''re not svelte by the time you arrive. There are many health club options and wonderful scenic places to run in Raleigh.

So, we heard from the developer and they didn''t care too much for our offer. They don''t want to put in any of the upgrades we want. Instead, they want to just give us a check at closing and let us hire contractors to do what we wanted. I''m not a contractor, nor do I want to become one. They did agree to let us rent (the price they want to charge is too much) before we close for up to 6 months. So, we''re going to put in a different offer and not ask for occupancy before closing and expect them to do the things we wanted done and see where that takes us. Our realtor said they are expecting us to negotiate. Now, we''ll need to find a temporary place to live. But after thinking about it, leaving our furniture here in Tampa will help our place down here sell quicker. Our place is furnished so beautifully. Our realtor here had a fit when I mentioned we might move out before we''ve found a buyer. This of course will add another dimension of complication, but hey, our life''s already complicated, what''s a little more, right??
32.gif

I''m heading to the gym this afternoon. I''ve really missed working out and can''t wait to get on the elliptical! I''ll check back in later.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone''s having a good week so far... and I hope you''re feeling better, Lorelei! Back pain SUCKS.
7.gif

My sister talked to her physiotherapist (she has a thorn ligament
8.gif
) about the back pain I had last week, and she said that I should make sure I contract my abdominal muscles while doing my yoga routines to help support my spine and put less stress on my back muscles. I hope it''ll help making my workouts pain-free.

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/14/2006 2:08:43 PM
Author: Rod

So far, no workouts this week. I told you guys I''m a total procrastinator when it comes to working out... But, I''ve been eating really healthy! Between that and the run on Friday, I''ve somehow kicked off 2 lbs. - although some of that might be water weight. If I don''t work out in the mornings, it just really doesn''t happen. So, tomorrow I''m gonna try to get off my keester and get movin''. The cold, dreary winter weather isn''t helping me out at all though.

Rod - So great to hear about your Raleigh trip! Although several of the LIW are mad at me right now, I''ve decided to go with my gut and go with my bf to check out Raleigh and just see if it''s even a place we''d like to live. We''re flying out after work on Wed., Nov. 29 and will be there through Sun., Dec. 3. We''ll both work during the day Th and Fri, then we''ll have evenings and the weekend to explore. From what people have said and the research we''ve done, we''re either looking at living Inside Belt Loop or in Cary. Did you check out Cary at all? If so, what did you think? It''s kind of a bummer that there''s not many places inside the belt loop for sale. Most likely we''ll be looking for a 3 bedroom condo or townhouse when we go. Not certain yet, but looks like we''ll be moving in together. And, of course, before we can move, we''ll have to sell his townhouse here and then buy one down there. So, it''s looking like Feb. 1 for us if we do actually decide to make the move. Everything is still really up in the air right now, but the next few weeks/months should help settle everything out. I figure, Raleigh is kinda the south and people are skinnier down there, so I better get my butt in gear so I''m not some big fatso traipsing down the road... lol Well, would love to hear if you saw Cary and what you thought of it...
Hey Becky........I''m sure you will really enjoy your visit to Raleigh. Yes, we''ve actually been to Cary on many occassions. We have friends there. It''s just not the place for us. Though it''s beautiful, and filled with manicured community after manicured community, it just isn''t the urban lifestyle we are seeking. It''s also more of a family (meaning wonderful place to raise 2.5 kids) but that''s just so not us. Inside the beltline is more progressive (democrat) versus outside the beltline which demographically is more conservative (republican). Not that''s there anything wrong with being republican, but we''re bleeding heart liberals and we wouldn''t be happy in the conservative burbs. LOL

Also, there were several townhome options that were available inside the beltline. Some are new and they were very nice. But, we''ve grown to love more of a highrise condo all on one floor lifestyle and our furnishings just wouldn''t work in any of the townhomes we saw. We also went to a newer community in the Cary area, called Briarcreek. It''s one of those new areas that sprang up about 2 years ago and is being built out really fast. It has all the requisite strip plaza''s with Panera Bread, grocery stores, Best Buy, Starbucks, etc., but it''s just too manicured and new for us. We really wanted the feel of the older more established, not completely manicured urban areas.

LOL about your comment that Raleigh''s the south and people are skinnier. We saw all manners of people as one would expect in a metropolitan area. Raleigh is mostly filled with transplants because of Research Triangle Park and the high number of technology corporations in the RTP area. Plus with three Universities in the Triangle (Duke, University of NC and NC State) it''s very progressive and eclectic. Don''t get me wrong, I''m a big believer in being as fit as possible, but don''t worry if you''re not svelte by the time you arrive. There are many health club options and wonderful scenic places to run in Raleigh.

So, we heard from the developer and they didn''t care too much for our offer. They don''t want to put in any of the upgrades we want. Instead, they want to just give us a check at closing and let us hire contractors to do what we wanted. I''m not a contractor, nor do I want to become one. They did agree to let us rent (the price they want to charge is too much) before we close for up to 6 months. So, we''re going to put in a different offer and not ask for occupancy before closing and expect them to do the things we wanted done and see where that takes us. Our realtor said they are expecting us to negotiate. Now, we''ll need to find a temporary place to live. But after thinking about it, leaving our furniture here in Tampa will help our place down here sell quicker. Our place is furnished so beautifully. Our realtor here had a fit when I mentioned we might move out before we''ve found a buyer. This of course will add another dimension of complication, but hey, our life''s already complicated, what''s a little more, right??
32.gif

I''m heading to the gym this afternoon. I''ve really missed working out and can''t wait to get on the elliptical! I''ll check back in later.
Hey Rod -
Thanks for all the info! It''s helping me to get a better picture of the area. Everyone I''ve spoken to has sung praises for NC, so I''m kind of getting excited, although we have all sorts of details to work out if this does actually happen. We like all the strip plazas, but even more than that, we like being able to walk places - stepping out the door and walking a few blocks to a coffee shop or pizza place or a bar. I''m guessing Cary and Briarcreek are more the type of place that you drive everywhere. Glad to know I don''t have to freak out over getting skinny in the next 2.5 months, although it will be a good motivator for me. Sorry your offer was returned, but good thinking on leaving your furniture in your place until it sells - we''d be doing the same thing. His company is going to pay for corporate housing (at an extended stay or something
20.gif
) until the place here sells.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2006 11:08:06 AM
Author: Mara
scarlet, i have a polar F6 in the pink model for the ladies. LOVE IT. i''m obsessed by it now actually. hahaha. it''s just fun to see what your body is doing, when your HR spikes, what the average was for your workout, how you are feeling that day, and what you burn of course. i mean who knew that i was only burning 280ish calories for a 30 min kbox session. or that i could do a 45 minute bootcamp/lizziec/kickbox routine at home watching TV and burn 450 calories instead? anyway, it''s fun...hehee.
Hi Mara!

I was just browsing through this thread today and saw your post and had some questions :). I''ve been serious about the gym for about 4 months now (going at least 4 times a week to all sorts of classes) and anyway, I have been thinking of getting a Polar.

I just wanted to get more info from you....the website is just so confusing!!! and I understand half of the features that each one has and which ones are worth it vs. the ones I will never ever use!.

I was looking at F11, F6 and F4. Any reason (other than the cute pink color) that you chose the F6?

Thanks!

M~

(I think I should start joining this weekly thread!!!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2006 5:05:15 PM
Author: Mandarine

Date: 11/14/2006 11:08:06 AM
Author: Mara
scarlet, i have a polar F6 in the pink model for the ladies. LOVE IT. i''m obsessed by it now actually. hahaha. it''s just fun to see what your body is doing, when your HR spikes, what the average was for your workout, how you are feeling that day, and what you burn of course. i mean who knew that i was only burning 280ish calories for a 30 min kbox session. or that i could do a 45 minute bootcamp/lizziec/kickbox routine at home watching TV and burn 450 calories instead? anyway, it''s fun...hehee.
Hi Mara!

I was just browsing through this thread today and saw your post and had some questions :). I''ve been serious about the gym for about 4 months now (going at least 4 times a week to all sorts of classes) and anyway, I have been thinking of getting a Polar.

I just wanted to get more info from you....the website is just so confusing!!! and I understand half of the features that each one has and which ones are worth it vs. the ones I will never ever use!.

I was looking at F11, F6 and F4. Any reason (other than the cute pink color) that you chose the F6?
Mandarine, I don''t know the differences really, but I know that some of them are higher models that do more and really I didn''t need any more than the F6 gave me. It was a nice price at $90 and it came in pink and Greg has the slightly higher version (F4?) and my dad has whatever the most expensive one is because he''s a workoutaholic and does like pie charts with workouts and stuff. But the F6 is perfect...it tracks exactly what I need it to and it seems to be the most ''common'' for recreational workout types like me. There''s also a cool pale ice blue that I would have preferred over the pink but I guess my Dad thought I wanted pink. It is pretty cute!

For comparisons I used amazon.com which has all the Polar models and it listed out what the diff specs were.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!!!

I don't need any fancy pie charts or anything. Just pretty much wnat to know if I'm doing the right things and whether or not it's "enough"...hehehe

I mostly do classes. Step, Rumba (I just love dancing!), Cardio and now I got into this more intense boot camp class that the Rumba instructor teaches at a park (separate from the gym). Other than that I walk my doggie everyday!...but I have no idea how much I'm burning, whether during my workouts my heart rate is where it needs to be for weight loss. Not that I need to lose a lot, but I could do with 5 pounds less
2.gif

So that's kind of what I'm looking for...seems like the F6 would give me just that!!!....it looks like I will have to give myself an early Christmas present!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

M~

ETA: I like that gray one too! I already have a sport watch (non-polar) that is pink, so I would want something else
4.gif

Edited again: Not gray...the pale blue!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2006 4:33:09 PM

Date: 11/14/2006 2:08:43 PM

32.gif

Hey Rod -
Thanks for all the info! It''s helping me to get a better picture of the area. Everyone I''ve spoken to has sung praises for NC, so I''m kind of getting excited, although we have all sorts of details to work out if this does actually happen. We like all the strip plazas, but even more than that, we like being able to walk places - stepping out the door and walking a few blocks to a coffee shop or pizza place or a bar. I''m guessing Cary and Briarcreek are more the type of place that you drive everywhere. Glad to know I don''t have to freak out over getting skinny in the next 2.5 months, although it will be a good motivator for me. Sorry your offer was returned, but good thinking on leaving your furniture in your place until it sells - we''d be doing the same thing. His company is going to pay for corporate housing (at an extended stay or something
20.gif
) until the place here sells.
You''re right Becky. The burbs are the strip mall after strip mall that you have to drive to from your house. Inside the beltline is more like what you said you wanted and certainly what we want as well.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, just a quick update as I''m getting sleepy. Tonight was my favorite step class ~ a hard 45 minutes of cardio followed by 15 minutes of abs and core strengthening exercises. Hope everyone is doing well!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
worked out tonite at home, burned 300 calories. i don''t know why i burned so many less this time than last time..i worked out for 40 minutes. anyway i wanted to hit 300 and i did so that was fine for tonite! tomorrow is the gym where i''ll do the machines and burn about 600ish calories.

i have eaten really well the last 2 days....with lots of salads, multigrain waffles, the fit and light yogurts, tonite we had TJs pizzas and salads. but there is a tiny slice of pumpkin pie still left from the weekend so we''re going to split that, hahaa.

hope everyone is having a great evening!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure was nice to get back to the gym. Did my usual 2.5 hour workout with core, then weights, then the elliptical. Since I hadn''t worked out for the last 6 days (the longest I''ve been away from the gym in over a year, I really felt it during the workout. I''ve read that sometimes a week off can be good and you can make great gains after a week''s rest. I hope that''s true.

Anyway, will head to the gym again for the rest of the week.

Good night everyone!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have heard that too about resting rod...i had three days in a row off last week and i was dying to get back!! but i needed the extra day of rest after my trip as well. the funny thing is that i felt like after i got back and hit up the gym again, i seemed even ''smaller'' if that makes sense. the scale registered a gain of 2 lbs, but my clothes fit more loosely and i just felt like i looked thinner, especially my legs and hips. kinda random. and my measurements taken today show that i lost 1/2 inch on my waist from last week to this week but the other measurements are basically the same, hips too. kinda interesting. who really knows how our bodies work anyway!!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s about time I started participating in this thread!

Just for background, I''ve never been a particularly athletic person, but a few years ago I started running and doing short triathlons. I was exercising at last 5 times a week (running, biking, and swimming). Now, after moving to a new city and starting a new job that''s pretty busy most months, I''ve sort of been at a loss. I no longer have free access to a gym and pool like I did when I was in school, and all the good gyms around here are around $80/month. Which is money I''d just not rather spend right now. Even though the neighborhood I live in now isn''t dangerous, it''s unfamiliar and this plus my hectic schedule make running or biking outside difficult. I''m the past 6 months, I gained about ten pounds. I''ve lost 7 so far by controlling my portions, but I''d really like to get back down to 115-120 lbs, where I was a year and a half ago (I''m at 127 now).

This month I''m working 8:30pm-8:30am, and it''s been even more difficult to get out and run since by the time I get home at 9 am, I''m exhausted and need to sleep. But by the time I wake up at 5, it''s already dark out. My eating has been going downhill too. I pretty much eat one big meal in the evenings, a snack halfway through the night, and a light breakfast in the morning. My dinners are usually either: a morningstar farms "chicken" patty on a bun and a can of soup; a south beach diet frozen microwave pizza and corn; or half a box of kraft macaroni and cheese with a low-fat hot dog. Sometimes I''ll have some cereal for dessert if I think it''s going to be a busy night. My midnight snack is usually either fruit or soup and some soy chips or some peanut butter crackers. And breakfast is usually 2 hard boiled egg whites, and either cereal with milk or fruit with cottage cheese. Writing that out makes it look really bad. I''d like to eat less processed food and more fresh vegetables.

The one thing I have been doing exercise-wise is going to sound dorky. I''ve never had real "arm muscles" even when I was thin and in good shape, so I started doing one of those sets of exercises that they have in wedding magazines. It has 4 different sets of 4 exercises to do with free weights, the goal being that you do one set each day and rotate. I''ve been doing it for 3 weeks now, and I''ve built up to using 5lb to 8lb weights, but I haven''t seen any results yet. I think I don''t build muscle easily
7.gif
Anyone know the best way to build muscle for a wimpy girl like me, without access to fancy gym machines? My fiance has a bench and some barbells (I think) at his parents'' house that he is planning on moving to my house in December, so I''ll be able to use that, hopefully.

Anyway, that was super-long. Middle of the night rambling...
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finger''s crossed the developers accept your counter offer Rod - you will get there! House buying and selling is one of the biggest PITA''s going, but so worth it when it goes right!

Yes, backs do SUCK - on the money Ankie.
8.gif

I think I can risk a workout today if I go carefully, probably just the treadmill as the ellip involves arms and back, I think I had better wait a day or 2 more before I use that. I am feeling huge as I have missed a week and guilty as I wasn''t well last week, Hubby says nonsense but it is amazing how you feel after a break, a mind thing I think!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Basil!!

when i was little, my dad had to work night shifts and i always thought that was an incredible difficult schedule to keep! you wrote that the cheapest gym membership is $80/month. That seems extremely expenisve. Do you perhaps have a YMCA or a community center that is more affordable? Is there a university in your new city -- sometimes they have cheaper memberships, even though you''re not a student. keep an eye out for specials -- i bet now that fall/winter has arrived, gyms are going to try to lure new members with nice deals.

as far as food and the processed vs. fresh veggies - i believe mara mentioned earlier that she''d planned out the week''s dinners. i made the comment that preparation is half the battle. i find that we eat better, fresher, and more interesting dishes (you''ve got to be a little bored) if i take the time and plan it out. maybe start by just incorporating a delicious fresh salad as a side with your dinners. quick and easy.

good luck and again welcome to the thread.

last night i was off because i saw the screening of Fast Food Nation. Has anyone read the book?
I wasn''t overly impressed by the movie, but it was definately better than i expected. to excuse the pun: Lots of food for thought -- I think that after i finish my current book, i''ll take that on for a read.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
hey all!

i''m on my second week of 3 workouts a week - and I wanna do more! But I know that if I rush this I''m just going to burn out and give up - soooo - no workout for me last night. I did have an exam to study for in any case - so the time was well spent.

I did do some stretching last night - felt a bit tight in the calves - there was a lot of bouncing and other calf-intesive moves on that indian dance tape - tonight I''m going to try the hip hop tape again - it was awesome the first time and hopefully it will be just as good tonight.

Of course that will happen after the exam tonight - so I will either be super excited that I did so well and have tons of energy to burn or be really bummed out that I didn''t do as well as I wanted and have a ton of frustration to burn off! either way the workout wins! LOL

well - just wanted to drop in really quick - gotta get some last minute studying in

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Basil!! That sounds like a tough shift to have workwise. I''m not sure what I would do if I had your schedule. I guess I''d have to exercise right after work and then try to get some rest. But working a 12 hour shift doesn''t leave much time for anything else but rest. I wish I had more advice for you.

Lorelei, you take it easy on your back. Do as much core stretching as you can, it will help.

Mara, I was really surprised to see that I didn''t gain any weight during my 6 days off from the gym. And believe me I ate. I ate deserts. I ate pizza. I had a scone with my coffee everyday. I guess what I''ve heard about the metabolism being upped by consistent workouts is true. My body continued burning calories at the higher level.

Our place is being shown today, so fingers crossed, they''ll like it. We put in a revised offer on the condo in Raleigh and will wait to see what they say.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basil I am so sorry - I forgot to say hi, But welcome to you!
35.gif

I did 45 mins on the treadmill carefully and only 3% incline max, I feel better for it. Rod I am keeping my fingers crossed your place sells and the developers accept your counter offer. Ankie I am going to try that with the abs to and also do some stretching Rod, I realy missed my workouts
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay lorelei, take it easy though!! don't want to relapse. good to see you checking in cailet, stick with it!!! orange vixen, traveling gal, are you two out there?
2.gif
heather?

basil, yes i agree with lulu, preparation is mostly what works for me. on sundays i spend an hour and go to trader joes and stock up for the whole week. it took me a while to realize that doing it this way is most time and dollar effective. i get fresh fruits (right now blueberries, raspberries, fresh mango are all still available in pre-packs, great for snacking), some new fiber/flax cereal for morning, multigrain frozen waffles, i get us a few of the TJ healthy fresh pizzas for dinner (10 min in the oven, easy!), some of their hummus which i love, and i eat it with multigrain crackers for a fiber boost, a ravioli bag or two (fresh with chicken and sausage, just put some marinara sauce on it and it's a meal), about 4-5 pre-packed salads for quick lunches etc, and about 4-5 luna/kashi bars. i usually get a few more things and that covers basically 80% of our breakfasts, lunches and dinners for the week nights, and it's all typically about $50.

then we have our meals for the weeknights all set up already, and its just a matter of what we want to eat on which night. for lunches i have LC's in the freezer at work, or i may go and get fresh soup somewhere for a change, or bring in a sandwich from home. thinking ahead and planning saves me a huge amount in the long-term. it just makes it easier to have all of the stuff for success at hand. i don't stock our pantry with processed foods for the most part. i think you can strike a balance with processed and fresh...you don't have to cut out all the processed because plain and simply it IS more convenient. but when it is 10 minutes to make mac and cheese on the stove, OR pop a healthy garlic, chicken pizza into the oven from TJ's for 10 minutes, i'd much rather choose the more flavorful, fresh, less processed pizza route. or make a big quick salad (less than 10 min). anyway...food for thought!! it is possible to not have a ton of time and still eat right. i do it every day!!

anyway hope everyone has a wonderful day today!! its work for me then off to the gym for some self-inflicted torture.
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all and happy hump day. I am still recovering from the walk so I haven''t been very active. I''m going to schedule a massage for today or tomorrow with a sports therapist, I''m hoping that will get my butt in gear again. I can''t use the elliptical (shin splints) but I can do yoga, I just need to get motivated to do it!

Not much else to share.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes during lunch. My workout buddy and I arent very motivated today, but we at least did that, so its better than nothing.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I feel like all of you have gone on my 3Day journey with me, so I thought I''d share a few pictures. This is my team:

ThreesUp.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
And this is a picture at closing ceremonies. Survivors who walked came in after everyone else and the rest of the walkers raised a shoe to them. It sounds strange but it was really sort of neat and touching and makes for a cool picture.

ShoesUp.jpg

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Fantastic pictures Kimberly! Thanks for sharing
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great looking team Kimberly and I'm sure raising the tennis shoes to the sky was quite touching. Good job!! One question (well actually two), are you pictured with your team and if you are which one are you?

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/15/2006 11:26:35 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Good morning all and happy hump day. I am still recovering from the walk so I haven''t been very active. I''m going to schedule a massage for today or tomorrow with a sports therapist, I''m hoping that will get my butt in gear again. I can''t use the elliptical (shin splints) but I can do yoga, I just need to get motivated to do it!

Not much else to share.
I was also thinking of a massage this week. I''ve spent the last three days driving everywhere and my shoulders and
neck are so stiff. Plus, I need to get to the gym ASAP!

Youch!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Rod.

When is your move to NC?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in. No real news on the house selling front or the house buying front. Our house was shown today and according to our realtor the people loved it. But it''s too early to tell. We haven''t heard about the second offer we put in, but after conferring with several people the offer the developer offered isn''t too bad, so if he doesn''t accept our counter, we may just accept his and be done with it. Now, we''re looking at a condo we can rent in a building right next to the building we''re hoping to buy in. That way, we''d establish our life where we want it to be and the move into our new home wouldn''t be such a big change.

Since our house was being shown this afternoon, I went to the gym earlier than usual. I''ve been having a scone from Panera before my workouts lately. The carbs have really helped me push a little harder. Today''s workout was long. I worked out for over three hours. It felt great, but man am I ever tired.

Hope everyone''s having a great evening.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 7:56:11 PM
What a great looking team Kimberly and I''m sure raising the tennis shoes to the sky was quite touching. Good job!! One question (well actually two), are you pictured with your team and if you are which one are you?
I am and I am the one on the far right. I look like a boy in every picture we took with my hair pulled back and tucked into the baseball cap. Too funny! All the other girls got up early to put on make up, that is so not me, at least not when exercising! I showered in the evenings, rolled out of bed, braided my hair, through on some shorts and a t-shirt and was ready to roll.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 7:56:43 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant

Date: 11/15/2006 11:26:35 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Not much else to share.
I was also thinking of a massage this week. I''ve spent the last three days driving everywhere and my shoulders and
neck are so stiff. Plus, I need to get to the gym ASAP!

Youch!

Thanks for the kind comments on the pics. I feel about self-absorbed posting them, but I spent so much time talking about training and such I felt like you were all part of it!

I say get a massage. I''m going to see someone who specializes in sports therapy, which should be nice.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2006 7:57:22 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
Hi Rod.

When is your move to NC?
Hey Jeff........we''re working on those details right now. I promised to start my new job on or before January 2nd. We''ll certainly be here for Thanksgiving. Then depending on when we sign a lease on an apartment up there, we''ll head on up. Of course we''re adding complication to the move as we''re leaving our house furnished down here, so we have to rent furniture up there. Nothing''s ever easy when you''re selling and buying on a time frame. Oh well.

Thanks for asking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results