shape
carat
color
clarity

Weddings in film & TV/ Somthing for bored LIW to do

4ever

Ideal_Rock

(This is me making an effort to create a bit more action in LIW to entertain us all.)

So, I found once I became a lady in waiting I was much more aware of proposals and weddings of clebs and in films and TV.

This is our chance to brutally rip apart these weddings
11.gif

What weddings do you LOVE, what did you like about it? The dress? The location? the over-the-top-ness?

Which did you hate? *cough*tacky*cough* What was cringe worthy about it? What would you do better if you had the money?

Which would you have loved to be a guest at? Real wedding or fictional.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The first Sex and the City movie - I REALLY loved the bridesmaid attire, all with different coloured and styled dresses but they all still looked like the "went" together. I also bet the venue would have been really beautiful and wanted a gosh darn reception shot! However, I thought Carrie''s dress, designer or not, was pretty fuggers. Mostly I just didn''t "get" the gapeyness of the whole boob area and didn''t think her character suited a big poufy ball gown at all
38.gif
And then there was the bird in the hair. Enough said. I think she wore some similar weird head accessory to the premier of that movie *sigh*. Wonder why that one didn''t catch on?
20.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
khloe kardashian''s wedding- Yes, I watch keeping up with the Kardashians and saw the wedding episode. I liked this wedding a lot. I thought, for the most part, it was pretty elegant and tasteful. I liked her dress (well the top part of it at least), her bridesmaid dresses were not too horrible (I dislike coloured satin dresses- they look really school ball/prom or tacky bridesmaids you-can-NEVER-wear-this-dress-again to me, really hard to make them look classy) and I thought the reception looked really cool and well decorated and I bet it was really fun. What I HATED those big archways of flowers at the ceremony, some times it costs a lot of money to make somthing look that tacky.

041_weddin_cer_002.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Gewn Stefani’s dress- I don''t really get much into the details of cleb weddings but when I saw pictures of Gwen’s dress I thought it was REALLY COOL! I remember at the time a lot of fashion people in Hollywood dissing it but I think it was pretty kick ass.

gwens-wedding.jpg

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 6:57:42 PM
Author: 4ever
The first Sex and the City movie - I REALLY loved the bridesmaid attire, all with different coloured and styled dresses but they all still looked like the ''went'' together.

I totally agree I LOVED their dresses. I''m really not a fan of bridesmaid clones so I''m always on the look out for ways to make them appear like a group without looking like the same person. The bird in her hair was a bit much but it was so "Carrie" that I didn''t mind.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The bird was more carrie then the dress IMO, I didn't like how they did her wedding make up either. I think it made her look older. Here's a pic of the wedding party for reference.

Also any comments on the wedding from Sex and the City 2?

sexandthecityweddingparty.jpg

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 11:00:04 PM
The bird was more carrie then the dress IMO, I didn''t like how they did her wedding make up either. I think it made her look older. Here''s a pic of the wedding party for reference.

I loved the venue ins Sex and the City 1! I just love venues that are unique. I have to say, I did not like the wedding in Sex and The City 2. Too much white and too over the top.

I love love love Avril Lavigne''s wedding dress. There is something so simple and romantic about it.

avril_lavigne wedding dress.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
The bird was more carrie then the dress IMO, I didn''t like how they did her wedding make up either. I think it made her look older. Here''s a pic of the wedding party for reference.

Does Oh.Em.Gee. suffice??? LOL

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I loved Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama. That veil looked gorgeous.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 10:54:18 AM
Author: kribbie
I loved Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama. That veil looked gorgeous.
Oh I LOVE this veil! Birdcage veils are by far my fave. And the dress as well, very classic look over all, she looks beautiful.

Reese-WitherspoonSHApic.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 9:45:03 AM
Author: vc10um

Does Oh.Em.Gee. suffice??? LOL
I know
38.gif

I was really disapointed in it. It didn''t have to be sooooo tacky just because the characters are gay. In the series I felt they had a lot more taste and class than that.
But in general I didn''t like SATC2, instead of being like a whole bunch of episodes one after the other like the first movie it was just like one really really long (and crap) episode and all the characters "issues" and challanges were far more fluffy and superficial.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results