shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Progress Update

sjm

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I have been totally MIA since my intro about 8 weeks ago. Things have literally gone bezerk since the engagement! It is absolutely amazing how life has changed since the ring was placed on my finger. I feel like I have been sucked into this wedding vortex and have been using all my energy to try and keep my feet on the ground and my head screwed on tightly.

That said, we have done lots of planning because I am very much a do-er however it has definitely been a very stressful 8 weeks and definitely not the most romantic!

So far we know the date will be August 12 and the wedding will be taking place in my backyard. Our colours are going to be yellow, green (think lemon and lime) with white and grey/silver.

I think the most exciting part is that I found a dress!!!!!!!

http://allurebridals.com/Store_ProductDetail.aspx?pid=1e3h4G264739eB561g1h

It obviously looks slightly different on me - especially in the chest area - on the model it looks like her chest could pop out and the dress could slide off any second but it's much more "on" me and sits a bit higher up. Finding a dress that had shoulder coverage was a pain in the butt and I have decided I really hate people/vendors who completely ignore you when you explain what you want and try to fit you into the same mold that they put everyone else in because they have no ability to see outside the box.

We are having a small engagement party/get together tomorrow night for which our moms have been working very hard. Still unsure what I will be wearing.... but trying not to think about it!

We have also started our pre-marriage group so its been 2 weeks/6 for that and so far we are really enjoying being there and participating!

Think that's all!! Thank you for letting me share!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I love that dress! But of course i love the vintage feel!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you've made huge progress in just 2 months. I love your wedding dress; it is beautiful and romantic, and the keyhole back is such a great detail. And your color theme sounds lovely, so perfect for the outdoor venue. Congratulations on your engagement!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay! Enjoy the rest of the planning :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results