shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I thought I had my favorites saved to the computer, but after looking for any "shoe" pics I might have missed, I found myself going thru the photogs website picture by picture again... and I am crying all over again.

I would go back and do that day over and over for the rest of my life! I even found more pics of DH from the day of the wedding day that I swear I never saw! Gorgeous
5.gif

What is your reaction when you go back thru your wedding pictures? Do you go back thru them?

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Hee! I loved my photos! The only thing that would bring tears (and not the happy ones) was that my dumb, dumb, DUMB sister forgot her bridesmaid''s dress back home and had to borrow a dress from one of our wedding guests. This created complete chaos and confusion as I had another relative who was hurt that she wasn''t a bridesmaid and wore s very similar color to our wedding colors. What ended up happening is that the groomsmen looked fantastic, but my BMs looked very disorganized.

I really couldn''t get past the fact that my photos didn''t look like the picture in my head! But, my super amazing photographer photoshopped enough of the photos for me that the ones I really want to print...are now color coordinated! And now, no one asks me where the other bridesmaid is! And yes, I LOVE looking through my wedding photos!

Here is a before and after pic side by side...

DSC016608142009.jpg

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I still haven''t received all the pros one, but I do love looking thru the ones I have. Also a bunch of friends pics are rolling in. Its so neat to see things from different angles or things I missed (like my two sisters - one MOH, one a bridesmaid BALLING at the altar!)
We watched the amateur video last night and I was crying all over again too!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
We eloped, so our pictures are our only memories. (as opposed to people who have friends and family to relate info) I look at our pictures at least once a week, and I still get weepy, we have been married almost a year. I guess its because I can still *feel* the emotion of our day through the pictures. Our wedding photos are hands down the most precious item we own.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made coffee table books on Shutterfly, and so I regularly flip through it while I''m in the living room since it''s on the table anyways, hehe.

No really strong reaction other than a sense of "Aww, what a fun day", but I do see something new or become aware of different details every time I go through them.

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
wannaBmrsH, what a great photographer! I can''t believe he took the time to fix that for you! Lucky...
2.gif

I absolutely love looking back at our pictures. I think my hubby is so handsome, and looking through them honestly makes me love him even more. Seeing his face, how he looked at me, how I looked at him... it was all just a confirmation of how right our decision was.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We have some great pictures and I still get a bit teary when I look at them (once every few months, otherwise they live on a shelf in our hallway). There is one in particular that I love; my mother-in-law, who died six months after our wedding, met my then 9 month old nephew for the first time and as confused as she was on our wedding day the look of sheer joy and happiness on her face when I held him in front of her to play with is just amazing. She has the most beautiful smile on her face. I''m pregnant now (as you know, mer) and that photo makes me think how much she would have loved this baby. It is probably my favorite photograph ever.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m creating our album right now, so I''ve been looking at our photos daily. I adore how they turned out, and can''t wait to have the completed album in my hands. The joy on everyone''s face, all the emotion I felt... I love reliving the day.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
who? ME? I NEVER look at my wedding photos... EVER!
3.gif

that's why I started the weekly photo thread. so I have an excuse once a week to highjack DH's computer and go through all our wedding photos AGAIN to pick out my favorites. I don't necessarily look through them to relive the memories (maybe because we talked about our wedding in such detail with everyone). we're just not very photogenic so it's nice to actually have quite a few new pics of us, and that's what I like looking at.

I am STILL waiting for our wedding album.
38.gif
but we did (finally) receive the photo I had blown up onto canvas and it's now hanging in our living room.
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am infatuated with our wedding pictures and just recently made a ton of big prints for our bedroom. We now have a wedding wall with 9 big prints. Excessive? Sure. But I figure since it is in our bedroom we can hide it if we want. Every morning I wake up facing those pictures and they bring me so much joy.

I was in a wedding on October 4th for a very very good friend. She got her pictures back a week ago and when I finally got to talk to her about them she said they were "OK" and "nice." I was soooooo heartbroken for her! I so badly wanted for her to have the same reaction to her pictures as I do to mine. I cried my eyes out looking at her pics (we are pretty close, it was a wonderful day!) so I spent an hour or so going through one by one and sending her links to the ones I thought were particularly awesome and would tell her why I thought that. By the end of our chat (online, we live 300 miles apart) she said that she was starting to appreciate and love the pictures more now that she started to look at them less critically and more from the standpoint of an observer. I was happy that I could talk her off of the I''m-not-so-sure-I-LOVE-my-wedding-pictures ledge. Hopefully the feelings will stick.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
We still haven''t gotten our pro pics (contractual deadline is this weekend...) and I AM GETTING VERY, VERY IMPATIENT. I can''t wait to look through them for the first time, let alone do it again and again!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve actually just gone through my pictures recently so I could load some of my favorites (only about 800+) onto Kodak Gallery for friends/family to view and order as they pleased. We had a Wacky Booth set up and people have been dying to see the pictures (which were hilarious and amazing). What hits me most when going through the photos is how much laughter and happiness there was on that day. The smiles are huge and genuine.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2009 11:36:56 AM
Author: Octavia
We still haven''t gotten our pro pics (contractual deadline is this weekend...) and I AM GETTING VERY, VERY IMPATIENT. I can''t wait to look through them for the first time, let alone do it again and again!

I hope you post some when you get them back!

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 12:57:00 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Date: 11/17/2009 11:36:56 AM

Author: Octavia

I hope you post some when you get them back!

AGREED!
9.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
the photographer said today that the album is finished!
36.gif

only thing is that the book is being made in Italy and they are not willing to send it to us directly (in Holland), but will send it to her (in South Africa) to send to us. though it would be cheaper for them to just send it in Europe...
38.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore looking back over my wedding photos-I feel the same way you do in that I would love to have the day again. It was so much fun.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
how funny is this?? i honestly just was looking through pics today to find a picture of my sisters and i to have made into a puzzle for one of my sisters for christmas. she loves puzzles, so i thought it might be nice to get her one of all of us to have :)

so i was just looking for one picture in particular, but then started going through all of them again when hubby walked into the room and says, "i thought you were ordering a gift for your sister." oooops.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
i love to go back through them even though i don''t love every photo - they remind me of how i felt on that day, and that makes me all emotional...
my favorite is the online slideshow our photographer created; it''s got a lot of the most poignant images and literally makes me cry when i watch it!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It''s weird ... for the first few months we had the pics, I didn''t like looking at them at all. I don''t know why, except that I hate looking at pictures of me in general. Plus, I think I had expectations from looking at others'' beautiful pics and when I saw my own it was like "Ehh, it''s still me. I still look the same!" Lol. Not that that was a bad thing ... what did I expect? To look like someone else? To suddenly become a super model?

Ok, I''m totally rambling. I didn''t really like looking over them at first, but it''s growing on me. Just recently I started posting to the weekly threads and I''m actually enjoying looking back over the pics. My favorites are still the ones of everyone having fun at the reception - 1) because it was absolutely the most fun day of my life and 2) they''re mostly of other people, as silly as that is. I just loving seeing my friends have a blast.

I think I will only enjoy my pics more and more as I get older and want to think back. Now I can just pull up memories and don''t need to look at the pics I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results