shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Photo Albums worth the cost??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I''m trying to figure out whether to get an album from my wedding photographer or not. My mom says there''s no point in buying something that''s just going to sit in a drawer or on a table and not get looked at. Yet part of me wants to have a photo album instead of just some loose prints. Also--my photographer requires a deposit that will go toward the album purchase, but my mom said there''s a chance I''ll hate all of the pictures and won''t want to order an album anyway. (In case you can''t tell my mom can be a bit of a downer sometimes...but she''s usually very practical and is quite often right.)

So my question is--do you ever look at your photo album? Was it worth the money you paid?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made coffeebook albums on shutterfly which were inexpensive and a nice way to compile and display the photos artistically. I just leave it on the coffee table, and people flip through it when they come over :)

I also look through it from time to time as a pick me up!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
IMO, not worth it. I''m gonna do one old style (nice leather album and just stick prints in there) and do one through photobook.com to distribute to family members.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
hi - I haven''t even received my wedding album yet as it''s being made in Italy, but I already know from having seen the photos that it will totally be worth the price.

the photographer was one of the most costly parts of our wedding, but the most important to me as it will be the only proof of our day that we will have. we were very lucky that she did a fantastic job and we love the photos. I can''t stop looking at the photo files on the computer so I am sure I will look at the album a lot.

my mom loves photo albums and she is taking some of our photos and making her own album using the internet. she says that once a month she takes out all her albums (wedding, babies, family, etc) and looks through them.

so it really depends on what kind of person you are.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
For me, yes because I am a photo junkie. I love getting cozy on the sofa and flipping through albums. I do it every time I am home. But if it isn''t to you, I would look into one of those online printing options as its SO much more affordable that way.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting an album. My photographer had really nice options for smaller ones, so ours is only 5"x7" (the actual book is a bit larger, but the largest posssible picture size is 5"x7") It seems like the 8"x10" might be more popular, but we really didn't want some giant book we wouldn't look at that often. But a nice small book with 24-48 pictures seemed worth it. We can easily store it on a bookshelf and it won't take up a whole shelf! (eta: the 5"x7" album was way cheaper than the big one too!)

I don't like loose pictures at all and have no idea which ones I'm going to choose from my proofs. I'm not really into putting up pictures of myself in my house (I usually hate pictures of myself!) so we'll probably give most of the loose pictures away to the parents and just keep the album for us to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results