shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding on New Years Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Just starting a poll for a friend who is considering this but has concerns.

1. Would you attend a wedding on New Years Eve?

2. Would you stay for the countdown or leave before then to attend another party, church service?

3. Which color do you think is best. Red and black, Pink and black, Pink and silver, Red and Green, Light blue and black, Black and silver.

Thanks

35.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
I would LOVE to go to a New Year''s wedding! people are always looking for something new to do, you know? I would stay the whole way through. I don''t think the church is a problem either. Are you thinking of maybe doing it that day?

Colleen

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I would attend a New Year Eve wedding, especially considering how expensive it is to attend a New Year Eve Party. I would much rather spend money buying the couples a really nice gift. I would stay for the count down. It sounds fun.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
I would attend -- and if I were the bride I would opt for a fairly LATE wedding with a real blow-out kind of reception -- and then say something in the save-the-date and invitation to this effect.....just so people know all along what they are in for.

FUN!!!! I think everyone here is right -- people are always looking for something to do on NYE, and it''s almost always a let down. This way friends and family would all be together to bring in the new year -- without the enormous cost of going out (for them, at least!). If you''re planning a swanky hotel ceremony or reception however you can almost certainly forget it -- it would cost a bloody fortune to rent something out that night, if they would even agree to do it!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I like black and silver or hot pink and silver (not pale pink because hot pink seems more fun) or red and black with silver accent. I think you need the silver sparkle for a New Year Eve wedding.

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 5
6.gif
6.gif
4 AM
Author:Girls-best-friend
Just starting a poll for a friend who is considering this but has concerns.

1. Would you attend a wedding on New Years Eve?

Yes

2. Would you stay for the countdown or leave before then to attend another party, church service?

Stay if they were good friends, go home and get in my pjs if not very close.

3. Which color do you think is best. Red and black, Pink and black, Pink and silver, Red and Green, Light blue and black, Black and silver.

Black and silver.

Thanks

35.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I would attend a NYE wedding and stay the whole way through.

How about light blue and silver? Makes me think of winter, snow, stars shining bright...and sparkling diamonds.
emteeth.gif
Otherwise I like black and silver. Very elegant.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for giving me your opinions. Glad to know so far its been yes all the way. Please keep voting and giving your input!

Are you thinking of maybe doing it that day?

No not for me I have a friend who is thinking about it though.

I would opt for a fairly LATE wedding with a real blow-out kind of reception -- and then say something in the save-the-date and invitation to this effect.....just so people know all along what they are in for.

Perhaps a wedding at 8p.m. and reception at say 10 p.m.? Would you still serve a full meal at that time? Or would hors duveurs and dessert be the better option? 10 p.m. seems kinda late to eat a full heavy meal to me. I guess she has lots to think about.

I think you need the silver sparkle for a New Year Eve wedding.

I agree!

Stay if they were good friends, go home and get in my pjs if not very close.

If the reception started at 10 p.m. would you stay for the countdown before you left if not a close friend?

[Qote]How about light blue and silver?[/quote]

Sounds good I will suggest it to her.

JKohio

Rough_Rock
Yes, a NYE wedding would be lots of fun! I would stay for the countdown, for sure. What a great way to spend the first holiday of the new year. And, I would vote for black & red with a dash of silver. Red is such a party color!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been to 2 NYE weddings in Boston....lots of fun. NYE is also my husband''s birthday! I''d go with all white with a snowflake theme...maybe some bursts of hot pink or red for bridesmaids/candles/flowers
30.gif

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
I spoke with my friend about it and told her the responses, she is so jazzed! I think she is going to go for it. She still hasn''t decided on the color.

Thanks for helping out everyone.

35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My roomie went to a NYE wedding a few weeks ago. She said that it was so fun, and it was all the people that she would have wanted to hang out with on NYE anyways.

Plus if you are looking to have a smaller wedding this could be good b/c it could also cut your guest list for people you aren''t really close friends with you.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say, I am not a fan of holiday weddings. Unless it''s a destination wedding, I feel like I''ve missed an opportunity to go away for a long weekend.

This has been somewhat of a problem for me since most of the weddings I''ve been to have been Jewish weddings, and the ceremonies have to be performed after sunset on Saturday night. So, if it''s a summer wedding, having it on the Sunday night of a holiday weekend is usually the easiest thing to do. Still... such a drag.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I am all for it! A freind of mibne got married on NYE, and did a ''reverse'' wedding- bride adn gromm met everyone in their finery, mongled, had dinner/buffet, then as it was getting close to midnight started the ceremony. They got to the ''kiss the bride'' part about 15-30 seconds before midnight. So there was a hush while we all waited...helped build the anticipation. Then we all counted down from 10, and they kissed and we al;l kissed! It was really great, and we all felt like we were a part of the ceremony.

I vote for silver and light blue, or silver/white with red accents.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results