shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding dress

missbuuck

Rough_Rock
how much is it on average to get the back of a dress corsetted? like where it laces up the back?

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Hi There

I was going to do that to my David's bridal dress, but I ended up changing my mind. They have a pre-made corset back insert type thing which they sew in, and I think it was a little over $100 to have it done there. Not too bad, but the alterations really do add up.

I paid $550 for my dress and over $250-ish for alterations, and I hardly needed anything done to the dress - just a hem, the bustle buttons, and a taking it in a little bit on top.

Do you have a picture of your dress? I'd love to see it!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Depending on the seamstress between $80 and $150.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to guess it will probably depend on the dress. Like the type of fabric, the style of the dress, the stitching, the amount of embellishment? (which will all affect how hard it would be to do the alteration?)

I was looking at having a corset back added to a ball gown style dress and I'm pretty sure the boutique was going to add about $500 (I think... having trouble remembering).

Sorry. That probably wasn't much help lol.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
jaylex|1289864106|2767336 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to guess it will probably depend on the dress. Like the type of fabric, the style of the dress, the stitching, the amount of embellishment? (which will all affect how hard it would be to do the alteration?)

I was looking at having a corset back added to a ball gown style dress and I'm pretty sure the boutique was going to add about $500 (I think... having trouble remembering).

Sorry. That probably wasn't much help lol.

Well, a lot of it is up to the seamstresses pricing. In the area of the country I live in, at a mid priced salon, you should expect to spend no more than $150 on something like that. At the high end boutique (gowns 5k and up) I think $500 might be more expected. Sure, you will pay more if the gown is intricately beaded or a very delicate fabric, but the price shouldn't be insane. Our seamstress has never had alterations cost more than $200. Period, the end. I think it just depends on your area and the store. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results