shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding day deodorant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
ok, this may be getting a bit personal, but how do you plan on smelling sweet and fresh on your wedding day, i don't normally wear perfume because i have a sensitive nose, but i do wear deodorant, i do find that it tends to stain my underarm area on white shirts though, so i am hesitant to wear it on the day of, yes, i really should have tried a different deodorant by now but i haven't done it yet

do you have any suggestions on deodorant that would work and not stain? i hope it's ok to post brands on PS
3.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
I''m planning on wearing my everyday Dove deodorant. I don''t *think* it stains my clothes ever, but the real reason that I love it is because it is the only deodorant that seems to me to smell "fresh and clean" instead of sweet or flowery or weird after I get sweaty.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
There is deodorant that you put on the night before, it stings for a while but then you don''t sweat, at all, the next day. It closes your sweat glands. Here in Ireland there are two brands, Anhydrol Forte and Dryclor, I don''t know if it would be the same names in the states. I suppose it''s really for the treatment of overactive sweat glands, but it works fantastically for this purpose! I have used it quite a few times for events where I def wouldn''t want deodorant stains. I was at my cousin''s destination wedding last month and wore a pale satin dress. Both my FI and I used Dryclor the night before and not even a spot of damp! He was in a suit, and the weather was HOT! I love the stuff. Def using it on the wedding day.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
If you do a search there were several threads on this topic before - someone even did a survey and posted the results! I can''t remember now who it was though.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
In the U.S. the deodorant Porridge was talking about it called Certain Dri found at Walgreens or CVS type places. They do make a no sting version roll on that''s for day time and it has a very light scent. I''m definitely wearing it on my day, the solids do tend to stain my shirts.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I just started using Secret Clinical Strength, which is one you put on at night (Dove also makes one, so does Degree) and it works really well. Well worth the $8!

ETA: I use the sensitive skin kind, and it doesn't sting at all.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Be careful with the Certain Dri (Drysol in Canada), it makes my pits so red the next day they look like they''ve been waxed! I have sensitive skin, it does really work though. I would go for the Clinical strength type, it is way more gentle and works nearly as well. I would start a week ahead of time to get used to it just in case!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have sensitive skin and allergies. So I have to stick to stuff that doesn''t give me a rash OR make me sneeze.

Lady Speed Stick invisible dry soothing with aloe.

It is very lightly scented but nice. And with the aloe, it helps keep my skin from drying out. I''ve worn it with all types of dresses (black, white, strapless) and never had a problem with staining or white residue.

Keeping going with the too much information, I used to have days when even without sweating I had an odor. Not a problem when I use this.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve used Certain Dri in the past - I put it on for a few days at night before I go to sleep and after a couple days I don''t sweat at all under my arms anymore. It''s not a deodorant - it''s an antiperspirant so you still need a deodorant for a scent, but Certain Dri will close up your underarm sweat glands so you won''t sweat at all.

It does sting/itch the first few times you use it, so if you''re planning on trying it definitely try it a few weeks before your wedding. And never put it on right after shaving!!!
23.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I just wore my regular Dove deodorant (the fresh cucumber scent), and that was enough for me. I''ve used the clinical-strength deodorant before, but I didn''t notice a big difference, so I just went with my regular kind.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I really like Dove brand deoderants. They occasionally do leave some white residue, but usually they''re very good. And I love the smell! I wear no other scents and I''ve had random guy friends tell me I smell good. Lol

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
thank you everyone for your recommedations. i think i will give one of them a try starting this week, so i can get used to it. i don''t sweat excessively but i know the wedding day will be quite busy so i want to be prepared
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m telling you. Secret Clinical Strength.
2.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 3:56:59 PM
Author: sunnyd
I''m telling you. Secret Clinical Strength.
2.gif

Aren''t all the commercials for this wedding-related, too??? I''m 99.9% positive. There are always three bridesmaids afraid to dance or waive or raise their arms, but the bride (who used Secret Clinical Strength) is dancin'' the day away, arms up high.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 1:42:51 AM
Author: Winslet
I''m planning on wearing my everyday Dove deodorant. I don''t *think* it stains my clothes ever, but the real reason that I love it is because it is the only deodorant that seems to me to smell ''fresh and clean'' instead of sweet or flowery or weird after I get sweaty.
ditto on Dove NOT staining clothes; I use Dove Clinical for workouts and it works!!!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 11:16:49 PM
Author: Skippy123

I''m planning on wearing my everyday Dove deodorant. I don''t *think* it stains my clothes ever, but the real reason that I love it is because it is the only deodorant that seems to me to smell ''fresh and clean'' instead of sweet or flowery or weird after I get sweaty.
ditto on Dove NOT staining clothes; I use Dove Clinical for workouts and it works!!!
i guess i know what i''m picking up tomorrow
3.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 11:16:49 PM
Author: Skippy123

It stains mine.
14.gif
My under everything black tank has white armpits. Same with my back bra.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
thank you, ladies, for your input, i''m going to buy the secret clinical strength today and give it a try, i hope it works

thank you, sunnyd, for your persistence
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 2:11:30 PM
Author: ficklefaye
thank you, ladies, for your input, i''m going to buy the secret clinical strength today and give it a try, i hope it works

9.gif
It won''t let you down!
9.gif
Jeez, you''d think I work for them or something...I should be getting paid for this advertising!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 3:20:18 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 9/22/2009 2:11:30 PM
Author: ficklefaye

9.gif
It won''t let you down!
9.gif
Jeez, you''d think I work for them or something...I should be getting paid for this advertising!
you really should get paid for being their PS spokeswoman
9.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2009 7:05:13 AM
Author: katomm
In the U.S. the deodorant Porridge was talking about it called Certain Dri found at Walgreens or CVS type places. They do make a no sting version roll on that''s for day time and it has a very light scent. I''m definitely wearing it on my day, the solids do tend to stain my shirts.

Certain Dri is a lower strength than Drysol, at least in the US you need a prescription for Drysol and do not need one for Certain Dri, but yes! If you decide to use these products - both of which do work well, but start using them like maybe a week or two in advance - don''t shave and then put it on. It can be very irritating if you put it on after shaving or put on too much.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
just an fyi, i''ve now been using dove clinical strength for a week, and i love it.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, the clear Mitchum gel (Its a guy one, I use the no scent) is great and non staining.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I miss Secret. I haven''t found it anywhere in the UK, and I loved the baby powder one--smelled clean and fresh without a perfume-y scent that would make me sneeze. Haven''t found a suitable substitute here yet.
7.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...this may be TMI, but I sweat...a LOT. And I''ve found that Secret just doesn''t cut it for me. I prefer Degree. I''ve never used the clinical strength of anything, but I probably should, since I sweat through Degree as well (just less than other antiperspirants).

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2009 5:32:28 AM
Author: gwendolyn
I miss Secret. I haven''t found it anywhere in the UK, and I loved the baby powder one--smelled clean and fresh without a perfume-y scent that would make me sneeze. Haven''t found a suitable substitute here yet.
7.gif
Gwen we have it here in Ireland so it must be in the UK too! Don''t give up!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I have a super sensitive nose and THE ONLY freakin deodorant that doesn''t smell to high heaven in Australia is Dry Idea Baby Powder , all the so called sensitive and no smell ones actually stink to me and I can''t stand them. Dry idea really just faintly smells like baby powder so I am free to put on my normal favorite perfume, Cool Water.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 4:48:54 PM
Author: Blue824
Date: 9/21/2009 7:05:13 AM

Author: katomm

Certain Dri is a lower strength than Drysol, at least in the US you need a prescription for Drysol and do not need one for Certain Dri, but yes! If you decide to use these products - both of which do work well, but start using them like maybe a week or two in advance - don''t shave and then put it on. It can be very irritating if you put it on after shaving or put on too much.

Ditto. You need to wear Certain Dri for about a week before it takes full effect because of the dosage difference here in the US. I started using Secret''s Clinical strength and it is wonderful! I apply secret at night and Dove during the day. It has been a fabulous combination! And I have had issues for years. As to the staining, my shirts are already far gone and couldn''t tell you about the effects the Secret clinical strength has on clothes. Hope you find something that works great!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read on the Secret Clinical Strength website that you can shower in the morning after using it at night. Has anyone tried this? Do you reapply in the morning if you shower?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results