shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding bands... exploring a different direction (for me, anyway!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lately I've been playing with the idea of getting an engraved/carved(?) wedding band. I like the idea of open metal work (like filigree) as opposed to raised engraving on a band, but not delicate like filigree. I like the idea of bulkier chunky (ha!) of metal so that the overall feel would be smoother.

I found a band (pic attached) that is sort of in the vein I'm thinking of, but it's 6mm
6.gif
which is tooooo wide for my e-ring (some of you might remember my 3mm platinum band trial). Has anyone seen this style in a thinner width?

Moreover, can I even expect to find something like this in a 2-2.5mm, or would the design concept be lost/impossible on a ring that size? Is this something I should consider going custom on, maybe draw up my own design and have it made? I know that the popular vendors on here are good for custom work involving diamond settings, but would they be good choices for antique-style carving/engraving work like this? ......Leon, maybe?
31.gif

ETA: My e-ring is platinum, so I'm talking about doing a plat. band (if that makes a difference)

Wow, 5 questions in one post!! That's kind of a lot to ask
3.gif
If anyone has thoughts/suggestions on anything remotely related, I would appreciate your ideas, since this is a WHOLE different world of design for me...

36005-ST-Angle1.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I said chunkier, I meant as opposed to something like this:

1781.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
P.S. Is it just me, or is "chunk" a REALLY weird word? Say it a few times.
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Van Crayenest has some "carved" wedding bands. I tried one one super thin one that I adored in platinum but it was PRICEY!!!!!! Think nearly 3K for a 2mm band -- no diamonds, nada -- just carved platinum.

I decided against it because it looked too thin on it's own on my hand -- and because I thought it was KKKRRRRAAAZZZEEE expensive for what it was ... however, I do still swoon over the memory!

ETA: Here is a link to some of their bands.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to the Beverly K jewelry at Topazery.com. Maybe a few of those are in the vein you are looking for. If you want a true antique-looking, and amazing detail in engraving, I would start with Van Craeynest (yes I am biased). The engraving on their rings is extremely intricate and they are made to order, plus you can go custom if you want. Here is their link if you want to take a peek.

*M*

ETA: Deco is right about the price at VC! But I felt that even though it is expensive, it is amazing quality, and was really a piece that would last for a LONG time.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, deco and poptart! I''m going to spend some time looking through those sites.

Mercoledi, I looooooooove that "foliage" band
30.gif
(and how appropriate, too--we''re having an autumn/nature themed wedding). I wonder if something similar could be done without the "background" metal (probably with the "vine" a little thicker to compensate for lost structural integrity). Ideas, ideas. Thank you for posting!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Great! I don''t know how fine you''d want to go though, I''ve had afew (cheap silver) rings that are similar, and the pokey parts tend to catch and pull either the ring or a favorite sweater out of shape. Personally I''d want something sturdy as a weddign band.

For more inspiration you might want to check out Green Karat abd Greenlake jewelers (look under representational)

Good luck!

BND_REP_10083.jpg

elsie

Shiny_Rock
I loooove thin engraved rings, too! (Haven''t been able to find the "one" I have in my head, though). This one just showed up at Krikawa recently, you might be interested:

http://www.krikawa.com/rings/unique-wedding-rings/R-BLeaf-tn.jpg

And here''s the page of their other wedding rings:

http://www.krikawa.com/rings/unique-wedding-rings/unique-wedding-rings.htm

They have some pretty unique stuff and may be able to custom make something for you (great to work with -- I bought a ring from them last year).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results