shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
a while ago i had posted about the possibility of changing my current setting because, the way it is now, I can''t wear a wedding ring that will sit flush. because the wedding is fast approaching with it''s own financial considerations and both fiancee and i just started paying back our mountains of student loans -- i''ve decided that the most prudent thing
14.gif
is to hold off on a redesign for a little while and put that hunk of money towards other things...

i''m fine with the decision. i actually made it myself, because my fiancee supported me changing the setting. i just couldn''t justify spending a decent amount more to get my "dream" setting when so much money was so recently spent on my ring. it''s beautiful and i love it.

so, on to wedding rings. i plan on wearing my w-ring on my left hand and my e-ring on my right hand until the setting issue is resolved. i think the style that will best suit my current e-ring and my hopefully soon to be new setting would be a plain, platinum band, roughly 3mm, with milgraining.

i''m wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to pick one up. i found some on the signed pieces website that looked nice and seemed reasonably priced. my only other thought is that i get it from the jeweler who i''ve been in contact with about the redesign...any thoughts?

luluweddingband.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
here''s a picture of my setting redesign ---though without all the pave.

luluupgradesetting.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think there have been a few pricescoper''s to get their weddings bands from eweddingbands.com

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!! (will it be a Leon creation?)

Go to e-weddingbands.com . They are the BEST and also have the lowest prices anywhere. I''ve owned 2 of their plain platinum bands and they are top quality. Also great customer service.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Kristydarling:

thanks - i will not be going to leon, but rather i''m going to use quest jewelers in VA. (i live in DC). also, i have an emerald cut and not an assher, but i think the design suits an EC.

mrssalo and kristy: thanks for the suggestion, i''ll definately go check them out.

do you have any opinions on whether to milgrain, to keep it plain, or maybe even diamonds
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I just get something plain to wear now and wait until you get your new setting. then you can find a band that will match or have Quest make you a matching band.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a good experience with www.e-weddingband.com (different company than above - the lack of S on weddingband versus weddingbands makes a difference online!!). I think a milgrained band would look nice with your ring - echoing a similar style.
1.gif

ETA: btw, I think your ering setting is drop dead STUNNING and I would throw convention to the wind regarding bands sitting flush if I could wear that beautiful thing!!!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo: while i have no qualms about changing out my e-ring setting, i am much more sentimental about my wedding ring. i want to wear, forevermore, the one i get on my wedding day.

so that is why i''m thinking plain platinum with milgraining. i like the vintage feel of milgraining

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
firegodess: there is a bit of confusion. while my ring is very gorgeous indeed, the first post is of my future redesign setting.

my current is an emerald cut with two small bagettes on either side on a platinum band

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, then get the wedding band you want and love and don't worry about it. I think the thin band with the milgrain is beautiful..

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
thanks! and thanks again for the website suggestion.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 4:27:14 PM
Author: lovelylulu
firegodess: there is a bit of confusion. while my ring is very gorgeous indeed, the first post is of my future redesign setting.

my current is an emerald cut with two small bagettes on either side on a platinum band
Gotcha.
2.gif
Cuz I''d think you were crackers if you wanted to get rid of the setting you posted.
11.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto FG!! Love that setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results