shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stujin

Rough_Rock
My fiance really wants a wedding band that is similar to the Tiffany Schlumberger Platinum 16 stone ring, but I am practically refusing to pay the premium just for the Tiffany name. Any suggestions on similar rings are greatly appreciated...I can''t find anything.

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.aspx?c_id=WEB1&c_it=G405&search_params=t+schlumberger+16+stone-s+0-p+1-r+-x+&

On another note, I got her the platinum 6 prong tiffany setting from Superbcert last June. She absolutely loves it...and we went to Tiffany this weekend to try on bands and the lady at the desk thought it was from there. She cleaned it free for her and even offered to engrave our bands for free since I had "purchased" the engagement ring there. Funny huh? That is an awesome ring I would recommend to anyone. Thanks!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a pretty wedding band. I''m sure you could have it replicated by another jewerler.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I kinda disagree on this one. You scored on the e-ring, but that''s a much simpler design to "snipe". This one is complicated and very much the property of that specific designer. IMO, don''t press your luck. Splurge for the "real" thing. It will make her e-ring appear "all the more legitamately Tiffany''s" for the rest of your lives ... and she''ll have the pleasure of knowing her w-ring (the symbol of your love/vows/etc) is the "real deal".

I think copies of this are going to S-U-C-K. And you''ll (and she''ll) wish you''d just coughed up the "premium" and called it a day.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I would go to a custom jewler first and express your concerns. Maybe they can make a wax model for you BEFORE you have to pay. (Not sure if that is ever done)
I know a lot of people here have been really happy with there Whiteflash and Wink Jones custom rings - give them a call and see what they can do for you.
I think you will be able to get a pretty good feel for how it will turn out by at least talking to them first - if you don''t think it will work out - bite the bullet and go pay double for the blue box.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with Decodelighted. First of all, no reputable jeweler is going to copy that ring "exactly" like the Tiffany one. Also, it is very complex, and if she loves the Tiffany ring exactly the way it is, I''m not so sure she will love something that is "similar" at best.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 12:14:04 PM
Author: Rascal49
I have to agree with Decodelighted. First of all, no reputable jeweler is going to copy that ring ''exactly'' like the Tiffany one. Also, it is very complex, and if she loves the Tiffany ring exactly the way it is, I''m not so sure she will love something that is ''similar'' at best.

i agree 100%..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results