shape
carat
color
clarity

wedding band engraving question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
It''s not a diamond question..but...

does anybody know the minimum width of a wedding band that can be engraved? I''m thinking of getting a plain platinum band to wear with my platinum 4mm comfort fit solitaire e-ring, and I''d rather get 2mm than 4mm, so it doesn''t look like I''m wearing a platinum knuckle. Can 2 mm still be engraved?

Thanks!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring is engraved and is 2mm, although it''s not comfort fit. Not sure if that will make a difference or not. Mine is in block letters though, as the engraver recommended that over script for legibility on such a thin ring.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our jeweler here told us that 3mm is the thinnest unless you want hand engraving done instead of the machine they use. He said that a good hand engraver can do 2mm justfine.

Shiny42805

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring is 2mm at the bottom, and I just had it engraved yesterday. It was done by hand, in block letters, and it looks great to me. I''m going to try to snap a pic with my sub-par digicam.

J

Rough_Rock
my wife has a 2.5mm engraved wedding band. we got it from whiteflash

J

Rough_Rock
oh, and it is comfort fit

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
J,

Did Whiteflash engrave it for you?

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info! It''s really helpful to hear about the personal experiences, like getting block rather than script. I''m going to get the 2mm band, and I think it will be just fine. Thank you!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results