shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thank you for helping me in this "dilemma" I have.
1.gif
Thankfully, dear fiancee says I can keep both and therefore there''s no absolute dead end. However, I guess you can call me sentimental because I want something that''s the official wedding band (as I want to have our wedding date or something special engraved on it) hehe...

I completely agree with everyone that the channel set makes the set look more "complete" but I also agree that the shared prong probably stands out a lot better on it''s own. I greatly appreciate your opinions here at PS but I''m still on the fence about which one to use for the wedding. I think as of right now, I might still be leaning toward the original. I know, I know...I must be the odd man out in this poll but I feel like the shared prongs are so feminine and the play off the different shapes really make the ering "pop" and not get "lost" (as I noticed that with the channel set band, the ering seems to blend into the whole set as they all shine the same). Plus, to me, the channel set seems to make the set look really bulky on my fingers.

Am I the only person that has these opinions? Or am I standing alone here? To each one''s own I guess hehe...
5.gif

AAAAAA.....I''m still so confused! hehe.... what to do, what to do? hehe... I suppose you can say that I''m kind of ?lucky? to fall into this dilemma??
40.gif

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
No I totally see what you mean. If it were me, I''d wear the shared prong on your wedding day, and save the other for everyday wear. You probably won''t be wearing your e-ring at the altar (at least not on your ring finger) so it will look nicer on its own. The fact that the shared prong ring stands out more than the other one will probably make you feel a little more special whenever you wear it.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for your original band with the round diamonds. I LOVE non-matching sets. The rings compliment one another nicely and still let your e-ring shine (which is GORGEOUS by the way!!!!!!!)

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
I love both bands. If I had to pick one I''d pick the baguette band. If you are having a religious ceremony, you can have both blessed my whomever is officiating.

I think on a day to day basis you''ll like the channel set better - so much more comfortable than shared prong. Good luck with the wedding.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 6:30:57 PM
Author: Sandiegolady

I love the baguette band.. Love the round, but.. for your right hand..
11.gif
31.gif
I love the lines of the channel band.
Ditto!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried one stacked on each side of you er? I love them both!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
First of all, I covet your baguette band...so I''m completely drooling over it. Love it, love it!!

But if I had your dilemma, I''d get married in the original band (I love rounds with step cuts - you get the beauty of the step with the flash of the round. To me, that''s perfection) because I think it''s dainty and crisp and beautiful with your e-ring - though not a matched set, I think they compliment each other perfectly.

While I like the steps of the bags with your asscher, I''m actually not a fan of the channel set with your e-ring. I love channels with a plain solitaire, but your set is really delicate and a channel set is more sturdy. I''m not sure the mix of styles is working - it looks phenomenal in the photos because up close we can see how the steps compliment each other, but I''m not sure what I''d think IRL - I think the difference between styles of your e-ring and channel-set band would be more pronounced.

I think the baguette band is a WONDERFUL every day band to wear alone - you''ll have the simplicity of a plain band, but the baguettes will remind you of your e-ring.

Lucky you to have such beautiful bands!! Love them both.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not get married with both? It's really not to hard to slide both onto your finger that day. I did that because I wanted both my wedding bands to be my wedding band.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2008 5:37:36 PM
Author: White Orchid
No I totally see what you mean. If it were me, I''d wear the shared prong on your wedding day, and save the other for everyday wear. You probably won''t be wearing your e-ring at the altar (at least not on your ring finger) so it will look nicer on its own. The fact that the shared prong ring stands out more than the other one will probably make you feel a little more special whenever you wear it.
good advice W.O -
I agree with this - I think the RB band will be more "special" on your w-day, and the bag. band will be fantastic for every day wear. And I don''t think they look bulky on your lovely hand either.! Infact I think we''d all like to see the 3 together?
31.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Like the bags better. It just flows better, but both are pretty.

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/11/2008 5:24:11 PM
Author: gedean
Hi everyone,

Thank you for helping me in this ''dilemma'' I have.
1.gif
Thankfully, dear fiancee says I can keep both and therefore there''s no absolute dead end. However, I guess you can call me sentimental because I want something that''s the official wedding band (as I want to have our wedding date or something special engraved on it) hehe...

I completely agree with everyone that the channel set makes the set look more ''complete'' but I also agree that the shared prong probably stands out a lot better on it''s own. I greatly appreciate your opinions here at PS but I''m still on the fence about which one to use for the wedding. I think as of right now, I might still be leaning toward the original. I know, I know...I must be the odd man out in this poll but I feel like the shared prongs are so feminine and the play off the different shapes really make the ering ''pop'' and not get ''lost'' (as I noticed that with the channel set band, the ering seems to blend into the whole set as they all shine the same). Plus, to me, the channel set seems to make the set look really bulky on my fingers.

Am I the only person that has these opinions? Or am I standing alone here? To each one''s own I guess hehe...
5.gif

AAAAAA.....I''m still so confused! hehe.... what to do, what to do? hehe... I suppose you can say that I''m kind of ?lucky? to fall into this dilemma??
40.gif

I am with you! I LOVE the first WB. I definitely think it makes your engagement ring pop and is a much more unique, show-stopping set. It may be my imagination but I think it also makes your center stone look bigger.

I don''t know if the new band makes the ring look bulky, but I agree there is more a blending together. It''s a pretty set but it doesn''t have the sparkle or charm of the first... IMveryHO.

...and it sounds like you already know which one you love :)

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I love them both! they are beautiful! I think i may like the eternity prong set one a tiny bit better! I love those types and just got one myself!
I need to ask, when is your wedding? Your fiance is fine with you wearing/playing with your band and e-ring before the wedding?
mine thinks its bad luck! so i am very curious? when is the wedding? Thanks! Alicia

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Wow...just wanted to say....CAN I HAVE THIS DILEMMA?
emotion-5.gif

Both are amazing...and I can''t thank you enough for the side by side pictures. I''m getting my EC soon (not soon enough..lol)...and I''m constantly going back and forth between steps and rounds for the wband. It''s amazing how different the bands make your ering look.... it''s a completely different feel. The channel set band is clean and streamlined.... the shared prong is delicate and the different shapes give it a vintage feel. I''d bless both and go crazy.
I do understand, though, that in your mind ...ONE is the true ''wedding band''...
I''m a step cut LOVER...but I''d go with the shared prong as your main band...it''s TDF on its own... (I''d also bless the channel if that means anything to you, though...because it''s gorgeous with your ering and is a fab everyday set)

I may just have to get two bands... or, it''ll give me something to look forward to...ha
can''t wait to see what you decide!

BTW..I''M DROOLING OVER THE SHARED PRONG ASSCHER SUGGESTION AS WELL...I''m definitely going to have to try one on. It''s incredible!

Good luck... and you obviously have a great guy....congrats!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
As you probably know, I''m going to vote for the baguettes with the Asscher - round for the right hand.
2.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
Lauren....yes, I would''ve bet you would''ve gone with the channel set...ha!
I agree in terms of the set...it really is beautiful...(reminds me of CHICAGOGIRL''S with her GORGEOUS BAGUETTE BAND FOR HER KILLER EC!!!)
I just love the shared prong band as well...it is gorgeous.
I''m starting to think I''m an addict
23.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The one with rounds is more romantic and would make the best wedding ring in my opinion.
3.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if you can keep both then enjoy the fun versatility!!!! I like them both with your ring for different reasons. I''d have a terrible time deciding between the 2..........

Miss E

Rough_Rock
I like them both, but I think that the baguette band goes better with your e-ring. The original band with the rounds looks lovely on it''s own or as a RHR.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for helping out. I greatly appreciate all your opinions and I think, as of right now, I''m going to stay with the original band for the wedding and wear the channel set on days when I feel like being more subtle! hehe
1.gif

Galvana--- As for the wedding date, it''s still up in the air as I am very busy with school and still dont know when there will be a large amount to time open for a wedding. We got the band(s) early because we just happened to come across some great deals that we just could not pass up. As for fiancee and his feeling about me playing with the band, he''s totally okay with it. I didn''t know that wearing/trying on the band once in awhile was "bad luck"/against the rules...but now that I know, it''s going to be locked up until the wedding day. But...I''m going to try to not be too superstitious about stuff like that or else I''m going to go crazy! hehe....
26.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both lovely. I would wear the channel set with your ering and wear the other one as a RHR or to dress up your ering when you feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results