shape
carat
color
clarity

We picked a setting!

katiefofatey

Rough_Rock
Ok y'all. In RockyTalky I posted a link to the setting we've CHOSEN!!! *SQUEAL* But here it is again! :love: :love: :love:

http://www.b2cjewels.com/Princess/1...gagement-Ring-18K-Yellow-Gold-(3-4-cttw).aspx

If you're in the mood, please do go to that forum and help a sister out with some diamond-related questions :cheeky:.

If not, let me know if you like this setting? Will it mean that I have to get round diamonds in my wedder? It's 4mm wide - will it mean that I wont really be able to have an eternity AND a wedder? (that section of my fingers is little). So many follow up questions!

Now, to wait! (Once I've sent him any responses to our diamond questions). He said he wants to check it off this year - which means he'll have to order soon since it will have to be shipped...

Just wanted to share and chatter about it all with people who also care. Unlike everyone else I know who is bored to death of this conversation!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats for finding it! I love it. Are you getting it in YG? It almost has a nautical feel to it. Looks kinda rope-y. When are you ordering it? Did you buy a centerstone yet?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I also like the rope look. What shape center stone are you interested in?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! I don't know anything about B2Cjewels. I know there is a thread in RT right now where the veterans are steering the purchaser towards more known vendors.

Normally you buy the stone first or get the stone/setting from the same place. You typically want the setting to be made for the stone, not vice versa. What center stone shape are you going for? Rounds would be easiest to fit in terms of buying the setting first. Anything square may not have the exact ratio of length/width to fit a setting already owned.

Another issue to keep in mind is that if you buy them separately, you'll have to purchase insurance in order to get the stone set as a jeweler who didn't sell you both most likely won't cover damage to the individual pieces during the setting process. It's not likely, but it does happen.

Just additional things to think about. Not trying to be a buzz kill! It's really unique and beautiful. I hope you get your perfect ring!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Are you going for YG? I think its so beautiful (in any metal you choose). A little bit unusual, which I love. I'm interested to see you are going with a princess rather than round, I can't wait to see the end result!

:love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think that's a really neat setting. I like the twisted rope look. Is the price of a setting a big consideration in why you are wanting to go through this company? Like some of the vets are saying in the other thread on RT, we aren't sure what kind of patterns the center stones they have are and how they will perform so it may be worthwhile to go through a vendor who has those imaging capabilities or at least work with Yekutiel in order to have a good eye to help you out with the stone selection. IDJ has good settings to so I'm sure he can find you something that has the elements of the one you like from b2c.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1354073479|3317050 said:
I think that's a really neat setting. I like the twisted rope look. Is the price of a setting a big consideration in why you are wanting to go through this company? Like some of the vets are saying in the other thread on RT, we aren't sure what kind of patterns the center stones they have are and how they will perform so it may be worthwhile to go through a vendor who has those imaging capabilities or at least work with Yekutiel in order to have a good eye to help you out with the stone selection. IDJ has good settings to so I'm sure he can find you something that has the elements of the one you like from b2c.

This is a great idea! IDJ is really good at finding what customers are looking for, and are super competitive with prices. I think it's worth a shot if you're not in a rush in getting your ring. It's a lovely design, and nice beautiful diamond deserves to live in it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results