shape
carat
color
clarity

We Adopted A Cocker Spaniel Puppy, Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We adopted a Cocker Spaniel puppy who had been known as Milo, and re-named him Cookie. He was around 10 months when we adopted him; now he is around 11 months old. I have taken no pictures of him yet, but my daughter found the site where the rescue group posted a photo of her with the dog, so I thought that I would start a thread and post a link to the site. (I spent some time contributing to a thread about dogs that are good with children, but didn't talk about our dog. I think that is probably due to the overwhelming sense of loss I still have about the dog we lost in January. We had to have our yellow Lab euthanized and it broke my heart. Although we got this dog for my daughter, my heart is just not in the project.)

Cookie is a ridiculous, adorable, young male Cocker Spaniel. He is black with a little white at the chin, throat, chest, and bottom of the paws. He does silly things like chase butterflies that my Lab would never have done. He is darling.

http://members.petfinder.org/~NY166/08-ht.htm

Deborah
34.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, he so beautiful, Deb! Cookie and your daughter are gorgeous; what a lovely family!
36.gif
Glad Cookie is in a loving home
12.gif

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
right on for adopting!! petfinder is the best. congrats on your cute pup.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww congratulations! I''m glad that you can offer Cookie a loving home.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, he is precious! Congrats on the new baby!
36.gif

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cocker spaniels. I have had them my entire life and they are the most wonderful, loving dogs I''ve ever known!! Congrats to you!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, Deb, he''s adorable! And he and your daughter look so perfectly happy together!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Awww! He''s adorable.

Sorry to hear about your yellow Lab. We had to put down my dog last week and I was crushed. It still tugs at my heart to see other dogs on TV. In time, though, I think I''ll be ready to get another dog as well.

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry about your other dog. What a sad loss for you and your family.

Cookie, though, is ADORABLE, and from your description sounds like a real character! Good for you for adopting a pet who needed a loving home. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb, Cookie sounds like a good fit--and adorable to boot! Love the name (I recall Biscuit....)!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb,
I am happy that you adopted Cookie for your lovely daughter. I think he''s adorable, and know he will bring great joy and love into your house. I remember your heartache when you had to put down Biscuit. Hoping that you continue to heal as time goes by. My 15 year old Bichon, Casper is doing well, but I know I will feel miserable when he goes. He''s my heart!!

Thanks for sharing Cookie with us!!!
1.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Great news Deborah.Wishing you lots of found memories for many years to come .May all of you stay in good health for years to come.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your daughter is gorgeous and Cookie is a cutie pie; I thought I would post their picture, so everyone could see how beautiful your family is, Deb!
12.gif

HT8-Miloandfam.jpg

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Only our own Skippy could be so kind to help out and post a picture.
Skippy''s Quote:
""I thought I would post their picture"

Skippy you are truly a GEM here on PS.We are so lucky to have you.
Many thanks for the picture.My computer has been acting up ( and I am so busy to wait) , so if you did not post it here I would not be able to see it.
Million thanks to you Skippy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2008 10:59:50 PM
Author: scarleta
Only our own Skippy could be so kind to help out and post a picture.
Skippy's Quote:
'I thought I would post their picture'

Many thanks for the picture.My computer has been acting up ( and I am so busy to wait) , so if you did not post it here I would not be able to see it.
Sure, thank you! I am truly Happy to help my all my Pricescope friends out if I can
35.gif
Isn't Deb's family, gorgeous!!

ETA: Deb, you are very welcome, truly my pleasure, friend! Sounds like a puppy for sure. hehe

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, Skippy! When I get my software onto a computer I will take some photos of my own of the dog. Tonight I should have caught him with his mouth full of wool. He had been tugging on an expensive wool afghan in which my daughter had draped herself and she was totally oblivious to the dog behind her tugging and munching on her train!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/11/2008 10:59:50 PM

Author:
scarleta

You''re on target as usual, Scarleta. I hope your family continues to deal with the loss of your dog. When I think of losing Biscuit, I think about the even more traumatic loss you all endured. Did you get another pet? Are you thinking about one?

Deb
34.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG so CUTE - I love Cookie, and he and your daughter just look so darling together.
9.gif

And good for you for adopting a doggie in need of a loving home
36.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Deb, Cookie is just too cute for words. I love the picture of his tongue hanging out ha ha ha. The picture of he and your daughter, is adorable.

I am so glad you gave him a wonderful home. I love dogs
30.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Here it goes again,I keep loosing it before I post as my network hangs up on me so this is my 3rd response.

"Isn''t Deb''s family, gorgeous!!"
Yes Skippy that goes without saying.They are beautiful in and out and I am sure that Cookie will learn from them and be just like them.

Deb: your family is indeed beautiful inside and out.( I already knew that, but its nice to see faces too)
Thanks for the kind words and yes every loss is traumatic and we are dealing with it the best we can.It helps me to volunteer at the shelters.As for getting another pet not at this point.We are not ready as yet.
Thanks Deb and wishing you lots of happy moments with Cookie.I like the name too.
He is so very special.

I better post this before I loose it again...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love Cookie! Look at his tongue!!! What a sweetie! I babysit my IL''s cocker a few times a year when they travel. I''m used to my huge mellow dog so it''s a nice change to have a little excited critter running around. Enjoy your new baby!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/11/2008 4:26:49 PM

Author:
absolut_blonde

We had to put down my dog last week and I was crushed. It still tugs at my heart to see other dogs on TV.

absolut_blonde, I am so sorry for your loss. Many of us on Pricescope are dog lovers. I do not know if you shared your story anywhere else, but please be assured that if you do share it, that you will find many sympathetic ears. I do not know if there is some tie between diamonds and pets, but it certainly seems possible given the number of us who love diamonds and pets. I hope you heal.

Hugs,
Deborah
34.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an adorable guy! And Cookie and your daughter look very happy together! I hope you''ll post more pictures of him!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, he''s beautiful, AGBF!! He looks right at home in your daughter''s arms. I can''t wait to see more pics.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results