shape
carat
color
clarity

WB for a 3 Stone ER???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Hi there!

I am working with Whiteflash to re-set my 1.2 Radiant into a 3 Stone Ring (with Brilliant Traps as the sidestones and a pave band). I am disappointed that WF doesn''t think a WB would work with either of the two ring examples I provided. We may try to custom design a ring that will allow a WB (gap is fine!) and are waiting to hear back from WF about any ideas or our options.

What I am getting at, is what, if any suggestions does anyone have for WB options, setting options, etc. I don''t know all the correct terms to describe what I am wanting to do (like have the prongs from the band of the 3 Stone bend more to allow a little room for the band maybe? Here are the two pictures of the rings that I just fell in love with!

Thanks for your help!
RingExampleWF125.jpg

RingExampleLM125.jpg

Band example for the ER and WB that I like:
RingExampleWeddingBand-Beaudry125.jpg

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Oops! Let me try that another way...

Ring Example LM125.jpg

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
And here''s the 2nd one...
emembarrassed.gif

Ring Example WF125.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s DiDiamond''s new 3 stone. I think a wedding band looks stunning..but that''s just me.

closeupradiant4.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here's DiDiamonds EC she recently posted but wants to get a smaller eternity band.
I think a wedding ring would work beautifully with the styles you are looking at.

newecwithband1.jpg

newecwithband.jpg

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 3:40:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Here''s DiDiamond''s new 3 stone. I think a wedding band looks stunning..but that''s just me.

closeupradiant4.jpg
Golly!!! What a ROCK!!! That is absolutely STUNNING-I stare at that ring all the time!

Thanks for responding Mrssalvo, I LOVE the Beaudry Ring example you found for me and want the band(s) to look as similar to it as possible. I was just bummed when Bob said his jeweler didn''t think a WB was possible with the rings.

Do you think not going with the Halo Example might help with the gap/widness issue? The three-stone with 1 sided pave might fit a little better on my hand and work with a similar WB band, couldn''t it?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i guess I don''t understand what WF is saying won''t work. Is is possible that Bob meant a wedding band won''t sit flush or super close? My best friend has a 2 carat cushion with a halo and wears a curved wedding band that was designed to fit flush. She also has a straight shared prong eternity band she wears too. A ton of bling but it works. The shared prong band obviously doesn''t fit flush but still looks great on her hand. I still think a thin pave band would look fabulous with either of the rings you posted.

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 9:36:47 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i guess I don't understand what WF is saying won't work. Is is possible that Bob meant a wedding band won't sit flush or super close? My best friend has a 2 carat cushion with a halo and wears a curved wedding band that was designed to fit flush. She also has a straight shared prong eternity band she wears too. A ton of bling but it works. The shared prong band obviously doesn't fit flush but still looks great on her hand. I still think a thin pave band would look fabulous with either of the rings you posted.

Thanks for the info. I never expected it to sit flush and told WF a gap was fine, but here is what he said regarding the matter:

"I just received a note from the jeweler that a matching band for either 1 or 2 above would make them too wide to wear. You cannot wear a straight band next to either of these rings. There is a huge gap.

I still recommend that you get a diamond band but only wear it when you are not wearing your engagement ring."
7.gif

I am waiting to hear if there are any design modifications that can be made to make wearing two bands possible-also, I'd LOVE for both bands to be pave eternity but thought you couldn't wear two, 3-sided bands together??? I found this ring from Flush Fit that I LOVE
30.gif
31.gif
, doesn't that ring provide a solution to both ideas? Or couldn't I wear those together either?
FlushFit3Stone5.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I just don''t see how your ring would be any wider than Di''s 5 carat diamond and she wears a band with the gap and it''s not too wide
33.gif
. I think the flush fit settings are great and if you love it check it out. I know GOG carries the Precisionset line. As for 3 sided pave, I''m sure precisionset has some sort of protection i.e.extra metal etc. that would allow for the rings to be worn together without causing damage. You should give Jonathan a call and see what his thoughts are..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results