shape
carat
color
clarity

watch makers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
can someone please list premium watch makers besides cartier and rolex? my fiance is getting his mba next month, and i would like to buy him a good watch. can anyone list makers?

thaniks!!!!!!!!!!!

beaming

Rough_Rock
Breitling. love their watches!

dude227

Rough_Rock
Panerai is my favorite. Breitlings are nice if you like big watches too.

Patek Philippe is probably the only other watch company on the same level as Rolex for auction value, etc.

IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre.

I like the square Bell and Ross watches. Omega, any watch good enough for the moon is good enough for me.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
What dude said!

To be honest, if you''re really into watches, Rolex holds its value but the movements are quite bulky and not exactly a work of art, more like workhorses you can bash around and they''ll keep on ticking. Mind you, we have two in my house and you can kill a Rolex...you dont have to baby them. If you want to look at Rolex, I''d suggest one of the sports/Oyster bracelet options since they dont "look" like a Rolex (which I like!). My FI has an Explorer II in white face and it''s a very masculine watch.

OTOH, I got a Jaeger le Coultre last year for my bday and I freaking LOVE it! It''s a classic design (men''s style) that looks like I inherited it from a European grandfather. Having said that, I would never wear it for any sports or water-related activities. Nor would I wear it in very humid weather where I might sweat alot since the bands are ostrich and/or gator. But it is a classic, elegant, timeless look that I am in love with.

Panerai is a terrific watch as well. Very masculine and seems to be usable for a lot of activities.

Check out a site called www.timezone.com. They have forums for all the major watch brands. Where do you live? I''m sur there are some good watch shops somewhere within driving distance...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results