shape
carat
color
clarity

Washers anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
We are in the market for a new washer and of course we want it to be energy/water efficent. We are looking to stay in the $600-800 range. I have heard some stories about the front loading washers becoming smelly due to the gaskets getting and staying wet. Anyone have anything postive or negitive to say about their washers? Thanks in advance!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my front load washer; I have not had a smell issue. My in laws and Parents have the front load Whirlpool and love it. I have had our front load for 10 years so I am sure they don't make our model. I bit others will chime in
1.gif
I like that it uses less water when washing clothes.

This thread maybe helpful
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anybody-have-front-load-w-d-like-the-duet-from-whirlpool.70740/
and this one
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/front-load-washer-dryer-worth-it.55476/

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
clean the gasket that strain the water and you don''t get an odor. check the manual, see where its located and how easy it is to get to and just do it.

movie zombie

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
thanks ladies for your response. I went to check out more last night and the sales people keep telling me to just make sure i leave the door open and it should control the odor if it occurs.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i never leave the front door open..............? i don''t and i never have an odor problem. the only time i did was when i didn''t clean the filter for a year.....so now i clean it every 2-3 months as i have a lot of cats. silly me, i didn''t read the owners'' manua!

movie zombie

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Front loaders are more gentle on your clothing. The only thing I don''t like about front loaders is the fact that you can''t just toss in something that you forgot to wash, whereas with a top loader, you can chuck something in as it''s filling up with water.

Another good thing about a front loader is the fact that you can get a two in one - it''s a washer and a clothes dryer.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 6:06:49 AM
Author: Sparkster
Front loaders are more gentle on your clothing. The only thing I don''t like about front loaders is the fact that you can''t just toss in something that you forgot to wash, whereas with a top loader, you can chuck something in as it''s filling up with water.

Another good thing about a front loader is the fact that you can get a two in one - it''s a washer and a clothes dryer.
so very very true!

movie zombie

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I have front loader also and no problem with odors whatsoever.I do leave it open sometimes just to dry never because of odors.I vote front loader all the way.Uses less water,less soap and energy efficient.Good luck to you.This is what I would look for: capacity, rinse cycles ( how many and do you have an option to add more? I like to have that option..) Water temperature , spins can you control it.Look at repair history also.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Well we hit the mother of all deals! We found out about a scratch and dent sale and we got a Whirlpool WFW9400 which retails for $1200 for $549!!!!! then another $100 off for the NRG Star rebate. There is nothing wrong with it accept a small dent on the side. It still has a full year warrently and we can add on 3 or 5 years if we want to. It is grey but a mismatch washer and dryer doesnt bother me at all, especially and that price!

thanks for your help!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a big score, indeed!

movie zombie

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2008 1:42:12 PM
Author: movie zombie
a big score, indeed!

movie zombie
Wow, I agree; no one looks at your washer and dryer anyway, you little smart shopper!
4.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results