shape
carat
color
clarity

*WARNING* -- Munchables Must Be Stopped

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s too late to save myself ... but I write to warn all of you. You must *avoid at all costs* the purchase or consumption of

MUNCHABLES MIX: containing Doritos, Cheetos, Sun Chips & Pretzels

It is completely unhealthy, dangerously addictive and I was unable to stop myself from consuming 3/4 of a big bag in one sitting.

It started innocently enough. No bread in the house for a PB&J sandwich ... I wanted bread from the farm stand rather than grocery store bread & still needed to get it. Thought I''d stave off hunger by eating a bit of this new, interesting snack product we''d gotten yesterday. Half an hour later -- & covered in cheese dust -- I''m doubled over with nausea.

Normally, if you indulge in Doritos or the like ... you quickly get sick of the taste, before it makes you sick. THE VARIETY is how this gets ya. You don''t "get sick" of the taste FAST ENOUGH.

The pretzels are the only control. I''m like ... "Hmmm. You don''t taste so good - maybe I should stop." But then I STARTED THROWING THOSE BACK. The remaining quarter of the bag is probably ALL PRETZELS!!!!

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

I will never have these in the house again. I will never eat them again. I may never EAT AGAIN!!!

Pscopers, you''ve been warned!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha sounds REALLY GROSS.

i can''t remember the last time i even had a dorito much less any of the other things!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kiwi''s are much healthier
31.gif
LOL!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple years ago my DH brought home a huge plastic container of those from Sam''s. I don''t buy junk food at the grocery store but DH can''t resist temptation at convenience stores or Sam''s and every now and then he goes hog wild, lol! We now use the munchables container for loose change!

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
in the course of studying for qualifying exams in my grad program, (where were today and also this Thursday), i have consumed excessive amounts of chips and doritos and whatelse. i also have pretzels but i never eat the pretzels when i have the ruffles....hahahhaa :)

im hoping my brain doing all this work will somehow burn those calories off...since i have no time lately for exercize either.

munchables does sound intruiging, but also gross... :)

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I am such a bad snack food eater. Ice cream and cookies will literally rot in my house, but put a bag of salty snacks here and I am BAD.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 3:52:24 PM
Author: wallermama
I am such a bad snack food eater. Ice cream and cookies will literally rot in my house, but put a bag of salty snacks here and I am BAD.
Me too! Chips are my only weakness! The spicy hot doritos are tasty!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

the HORROR continues

I went back to the "scene of the crime" ... mostly to throw that damn bag away ... and guess what I saw.

The

Words

"FAMILY SIZE"

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

I''m so disgusted with myself I could C-R-Y
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww deco. I''m the same way with brownies. I have to make sure I have a full house when I bake them or I''ll eat the whole pan
18.gif
. I''ve never had munchables but cheetos last only minutes after being brought home so i''m sure anything with cheetos in it would be way to yummy. warning noted
35.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My son and I are chip monsters so I thank you for your warning - I will stay far, far away!!!

p.s. At least the bag didn''t say PARTY SIZE!!!!
6.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2006 6:35:46 PM
Author: hlmr
My son and I are chip monsters so I thank you for your warning - I will stay far, far away!!!

p.s. At least the bag didn''t say PARTY SIZE!!!!
6.gif
HI:

I have a surprise for you Heather--it involves pretzels, but that is all I''ll say. mmmmmmmm See you Sat!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL re: the Party Size! you guys are funny.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was at Costco this weekend and there was a big ole sack of natural cheetos (the cheezy poof kind, not the hard crunchy ones, and they''re white, not funky orange)....so I succumbed...and I''ve been snarfing through them for 24 hours.
18.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Salt & Vinegar anyone? When I go to Canada, they have Rave Old Dutch S & V chips and I bring back boxes of them! I eat them until my tongue actually peels! It''s so disgusting...but I am so in love with them!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Deco - Heee. I''m sorry you are feeling bad...but that is kinda funny.

I can''t have that stuff around the house, or else I''ll eat eat eat like goldfish until I explode. And no one wants to see that!

But I''ve had the Munchables. They are bad...and on the bright side...you didn''t eat the pretzels, right?

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 2:17:04 PM
Author:decodelighted

The pretzels are the only control. I''m like ... ''Hmmm. You don''t taste so good - maybe I should stop.'' But then I STARTED THROWING THOSE BACK. The remaining quarter of the bag is probably ALL PRETZELS!!!!

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
Oh my gosh Deco!
face23.gif

I am sooo sorry you feelin'' ill!
14.gif

It sounds like something I would do!
emcrook.gif
Especially throwing back the "not so good ones"!
face20.gif
I do that with Japanese cracker mix ... pick out the good ones only!

Hope you feel better soon, and thanks for the warning!

Have a happy day!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 8:50:41 PM
Author: tawn
Salt & Vinegar anyone? When I go to Canada, they have Rave Old Dutch S & V chips and I bring back boxes of them! I eat them until my tongue actually peels! It''s so disgusting...but I am so in love with them!
Hi Tawn
face23.gif

Ohhhhh these are my absolute favorite!
emsmilep.gif

One time I ate almost half a bag & I swear I thought my tongue was going to fall off!
face3.gif

The pain, the misery ... BUT OH SO GOOD!
face21.gif
Yes, a lil'' crazy I am.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 7:51:10 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 6/5/2006 6:35:46 PM

p.s. At least the bag didn't say PARTY SIZE!!!!
6.gif
HI:

I have a surprise for you Heather--it involves pretzels, but that is all I'll say. mmmmmmmm See you Sat!

cheers--Sharon
What are you up to Sharon?!?!?!? You're taking me to a yoga class?! I simply cannot perform those pretzel yoga poses Madonna does, FYI, vino tinto or no vino tinto!! LOL
26.gif

But if it is edible pretzels, well then I might be game!!heehee
19.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I JUST WET MY PANTS DECO RE: HORROR ABOUT FAMILY SIZE!!

I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

So funny, yes, you get sick of the taste of the dorito...but ohhh, this mix sounds yummy!!!
I love a good chip! (as I type and get BBQ kettle cooked chip greese on the keyboard LOL)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 3:59:21 PM
Author: tawn
Date: 6/5/2006 3:52:24 PM

Author: wallermama

Me too! Chips are my only weakness! The spicy hot doritos are tasty!!

~~I love those!!!! I just bought a bag of the Flamin Hot Munchables...YUM!!!!
18.gif

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
*sigh*
20.gif

Doritos are my worst weakness.
39.gif
I don't buy them because I can't control myself.
40.gif

Once, I had had a crazy day at work and ate nothing--nada, zilch, zip--except coffee. When i got home, I walked into the kitchen where we had a new, fresh bag of Doritos (the normal size)...Standing there in my coat and shoes, not even washing my hands, I opened the bag and systematically ate THE WHOLE THING. Yup. ABout 1,600 cals worth. And it was SO D*MN GOOD. But then I had stomach cramps unlike anything and couldn't look at Doritos for 6 mos.

Now, I just don't buy them--while I wouldn't eat the whole bag in one sitting, I couldd defnitely eat 1/3 to 1/2 for "lunch" if left to my own devices. The diet advice of "dont keep it in the house if you can't eat it" is so true--even I am not that motivated to get dressed and trudge to the store at 11 PM for Doritos! ;-)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe aspara, my total weakness is Double Stuff Oreos!!!!!!! I can eat the whole bag in one sitting! That is SO why I don''t keep them in the house. I won''t go buy something to have a binge...I''m too lazy. I eat them maybe once a year. So yummy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2006 9:39:57 PM

What are you up to Sharon?!?!?!? You''re taking me to a yoga class?! I simply cannot perform those pretzel yoga poses Madonna does, FYI, vino tinto or no vino tinto!! LOL
26.gif

19.gif
HI Heather:

No worries, it only involves eating......and drinking of course
emcocktl.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 10:22:12 PM

What are you up to Sharon?!?!?!? You''re taking me to a yoga class?! I simply cannot perform those pretzel yoga poses Madonna does, FYI, vino tinto or no vino tinto!! LOL
26.gif

19.gif
HI Heather:

emcocktl.gif

cheers--Sharon
Thank goodness, I was beginning to worry about my Heather. One of my best friend''s belonged to a platoon style work out place. Army style, you''re outside in the freezing cold!!! And they yell at you!!!! She calls me up and says it''s bring your buddy To work out week. I say cool. What time?? She says 5:00 AM. For those of you that know me I am NOT a morning person. But for her I say fine, lets do it. It was January and there was lots of snow on the gorund. I was sore for 3 weeks.
32.gif
She brought me soup as I also got a cold.
40.gif
We crack up about it now. Funny thing was I was in shape as I played tennis 5 times a week back then. Guess I used muscles I had never used before. They asked me if I wanted to join.... I said oh no thanks
29.gif
3.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Sounds great Sharon, I was just teasing ya!
2.gif
I am looking very much forward to meeting you!!

As for those oreos, well I am afraid I am in love with the vanilla ones......so I can''t buy them even though my son loves them!
39.gif
Same as the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.....they are worth any price at the time of eating, so they too must stay at the grocery store.

My latest chip love is Doritos black pepper jack! YUMMMMMMM

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 10:39:19 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 6/5/2006 10:22:12 PM

26.gif

19.gif
HI Heather:

emcocktl.gif

cheers--Sharon
Thank goodness, I was beginning to worry about my Heather. One of my best friend''s belonged to a platoon style work out place. Army style, you''re outside in the freezing cold!!! And they yell at you!!!! She calls me up and says it''s bring your buddy To work out week. I say cool. What time?? She says 5:00 AM. For those of you that know me I am NOT a morning person. But for her I say fine, lets do it. It was January and there was lots of snow on the gorund. I was sore for 3 weeks.
32.gif
She brought me soup as I also got a cold.
40.gif
We crack up about it now. Funny thing was I was in shape as I played tennis 5 times a week back then. Guess I used muscles I had never used before. They asked me if I wanted to join.... I said oh no thanks
29.gif
3.gif
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif
32.gif
32.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not much of a chip fan--but the Dutch Crunch Kettle Cooked Chipolte & Lime chips are quite interesting.....

cheers--Sharon

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, you''re too funny! I''m LOL here.

My weakness is anything ice cream. I haven''t been able to do the whole "don''t have it in the house" thing, so I''m still eating it regularly.
37.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
BLACK PEPPER JACK??!!!!! I''m done for!!!!!!

DARN you Deco, for this evil thread of temptation!!!
29.gif
29.gif
9.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief Deco, you mix your junk food??! Oh no no no. We purists would never think of eating things mixed up in a bag. Separate intense flavors are the only things that please our palates. Wasabi potato chips....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh gawd they''re good. Followed by a Cadbury almond bar. All washed down with homemade margaritas. You might have to sleep sitting up to avoid the acid reflux but....like eminem says:

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results