shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanting but Waiting...

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Think I'm gonna jump back on board with regular posting... We are not doing anything to prevent right now, and would welcome another pregnancy, but we're still waiting because my flipping period has not returned! So frustrating! I'm 14 months PP now, and if it doesn't show soon, I'll probably head to the OB to have hormone levels checked.

It's exciting to see so many familiar faces!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
PPM, I can't remember, are you BFing? Could that be why your cycle is delayed? Hoping you won't have to wait long.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't checked in in a while, but I'm still around. We are supposed to start TTC in just a couple of weeks. I have been wanting this for years, but I'm suddenly kind of, um, terrified. DH says he's on board, but I can tell he's scared as well. I don't know, it all seems so real now. Yikes.

And yet, my SIL had her second baby on Thursday (my first niece!). DH and I went to the hospital Thursday night and saw her just minutes after she was born. We also helped bring our nephew (the new big brother) home and get him into bed. That was challenging, to say the least. A sick toddler who had stayed up way past bedtime and just had a baby sister. Oh boy! But I adore that kid, and I love every second with him, even the screaming tantrums, lol. We went back to the hospital again yesterday and spent much of the day holding the baby. She is just the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen, and it felt so amazing to hold her in my arms.

I don't know if we are ready for this. But I also don't think we will ever really be ready. Is it normal to be scared of something you want so much?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I'm so so so ready to get this ttc party started, despite the fact that I have days that I can't handle one kid, despite the fact that we are just making ends meet, despite the fact that how could we have any more time for another kid?! But oh that bio clock is so busy tick tock tick tock and I'm wanting to scratch the itch!

To throw a wrench in things, I recently found out I have an MTHFR gene mutation, which prevents my body from absorbing folic acid/folate and is an indicator for blood clots. GOing for further testing, but for now, I'm on huge doses of methylated form of folate, fish oil, a detox cocktail, prenatal, and mega dose of vitamin D. Of course this impacts my hashimotos and graves disease, so while this might mean zip to lots of you, if anyone else has experience with these lovely disorders I'd love to chat about it, particularly whether you were on injectables while preg.

HOkay. So. If only hubs were on board too...we are aiming for Nov/Dec start, but I don't know if I can wait!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Blacksand & Meg, welcome!

Blacksand, yes, I totally hear you on being scared but really wanting this. Glad your DH is on board. Are you guys goign to start like now, or are you just testing waters and thinking about pulling the goalie?

Meg, Hugs my dear. Sounds like lots of craziness for you. I'm glad your docs have you on a cocktail to help with the folic absorption. I don't know about your other disorders, but just wanted to say HUGS. I would think close monitoring during prenatal care will be the standard if you are fortunate to have a 2nd LO.

~LC

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
We are basically starting now. I am on CD3 today, so yeah... it's happening very soon! I guess I should head over to TTC, but it just feels like such a big move. It's all kind of intimidating.

Megumic, I don't have any useful information for you, but I'm sorry for the extra stress you're dealing with on top of wanting but waiting (which can be stressful enough on its own).

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
yay blacksand! Good luck! :appl:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you gem_anemone! And I think I missed your news while I was away. Congratulations!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So I'm kind of in a weird spot, and I'm not sure that this is the appropriate place for this post, but here goes:

DH and I have been together for just over 3 years and married since Feb of this year, I'm 28 and he's 34. We've always planned on having a kid or two in the future and whenever we've talked about it, it's always been something we've referred to as happening much further down the road (ie, not in the next 3 years). We're having so much fun together and loving married life, and everything is great!

A couple of things have come to the forefront of my mind over the last week or so, and I did some really hard thinking about a timeline for starting the TTC process. What with our careers, a cross-country move we know is looming in the next 3-5 years, and what life at home will be like post-move, I was somewhat shocked to realize that due to the aforementioned issues, we should probably start TTC next summer.

When I realized this, I seriously kind of freaked out. DH was out of town, so I had quite a few days to mull it over before I discussed it with him. As I thought about it more, it started to make more and more sense for my "ideal world" scenario.

DH got home over the weekend, and I brought it up to him and told him everything I was thinking. Even more surprisingly, he agreed with everything I said! He didn't freak out one bit, and here I had been expecting him to come up with every reason under the sun to wait longer. Well, he didn't, and we have pretty much agreed that TTC will begin next year.

The thing is, I'm still super freaked out! I guess I just wasn't expecting this to come along so soon, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Taking emotion and such out of the picture, I know that this is the best plan for us and a future baby. So why am I feeling so unsure about it? I'm so freaked out I can hardly think of anything else. I know next summer is still awhile from now and I can spend the next 8 months getting used to the idea, plus 9 months of pregnancy, but still! It seems so scary!

Lol, so I guess I'm WAITING, but the WANTING part needs to catch up.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1380578035|3529775 said:
So I'm kind of in a weird spot, and I'm not sure that this is the appropriate place for this post, but here goes:

DH and I have been together for just over 3 years and married since Feb of this year, I'm 28 and he's 34. We've always planned on having a kid or two in the future and whenever we've talked about it, it's always been something we've referred to as happening much further down the road (ie, not in the next 3 years). We're having so much fun together and loving married life, and everything is great!

A couple of things have come to the forefront of my mind over the last week or so, and I did some really hard thinking about a timeline for starting the TTC process. What with our careers, a cross-country move we know is looming in the next 3-5 years, and what life at home will be like post-move, I was somewhat shocked to realize that due to the aforementioned issues, we should probably start TTC next summer.

When I realized this, I seriously kind of freaked out. DH was out of town, so I had quite a few days to mull it over before I discussed it with him. As I thought about it more, it started to make more and more sense for my "ideal world" scenario.

DH got home over the weekend, and I brought it up to him and told him everything I was thinking. Even more surprisingly, he agreed with everything I said! He didn't freak out one bit, and here I had been expecting him to come up with every reason under the sun to wait longer. Well, he didn't, and we have pretty much agreed that TTC will begin next year.

The thing is, I'm still super freaked out! I guess I just wasn't expecting this to come along so soon, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Taking emotion and such out of the picture, I know that this is the best plan for us and a future baby. So why am I feeling so unsure about it? I'm so freaked out I can hardly think of anything else. I know next summer is still awhile from now and I can spend the next 8 months getting used to the idea, plus 9 months of pregnancy, but still! It seems so scary!

Lol, so I guess I'm WAITING, but the WANTING part needs to catch up.

I'm in a similar spot. I'm almost 28 and DH is 29. Most of our friends are having their first or trying to at least. We have a lot of things we are moving into place over the next year and plan on TTC December of 2014. I'm a teacher so I'm aiming for a mid September maternity leave if at all possible. I know that once I'm pregnant (wishful thinking that this will be without many complications) I will be more excited but in the meantime I worry a lot. I am a serious planner and I'm going to start the TTC checklist clock on New Year's Day. Diet changes I want to make, things I want to accomplish, physical fitness and weightless I need to work on. I know for me I will feel better if I prepare myself as much as possible. Let the obsessing begin NYD!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1380579195|3529787 said:
I'm in a similar spot. I'm almost 28 and DH is 29. Most of our friends are having their first or trying to at least. We have a lot of things we are moving into place over the next year and plan on TTC December of 2014. I'm a teacher so I'm aiming for a mid September maternity leave if at all possible. I know that once I'm pregnant (wishful thinking that this will be without many complications) I will be more excited but in the meantime I worry a lot. I am a serious planner and I'm going to start the TTC checklist clock on New Year's Day. Diet changes I want to make, things I want to accomplish, physical fitness and weightless I need to work on. I know for me I will feel better if I prepare myself as much as possible. Let the obsessing begin NYD!

Well it's nice to know I'm not alone! I am also a serious planner, but I'm afraid to let go of the "us" time that DH and I are so enjoying. I worry that I still might not be excited about it when the time comes. Like you, I plan on beginning the TTC checklist soon. I have no idea what I even need to do or where to start, it's all so overwhelming right now considering how anxious the thought of TTC so soon is making me.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here we go, another close couple just told us they're pregnant. We will definitely be the last in our group to have kids if we stick to our timeline which I am determined to do. At least we'll have those who went before us to look to for help when it is our time. Ugh, lol.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well last night I had the pregnant dreams. Ugh. This was the first time for me. I think it has officially happened, now that most of my friends have jumped on the baby train my body is telling me, hey, you should be doing this to. Ugh, maybe that's the push I was needing to want it, lol. December 2014 will be here before I know it, although now I think it will become much harder to wait. Good thing it will take a Dr's appt. to get my BC out and it's not as easy as just stopping a pill.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Well crap. I just realized that we may very well be trying one month from now. EEK.It sort of depends on how long my cycle is this month and what day I ovulate next month. Right now I'm on CD15 and had an almost positive OPK this morning, so I'm guessing I will O tomorrow. I mentioned to DH that next cycle was THE cycle and he said "huh, it doesn't seem like there's been that much time since you were pregnant last time." Um, yeah, no kidding. I need to start drinking wine since I know I'll miss it as soon as I get pregnant.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
My Mirena is out as of 2, almost 3, weeks ago. I THINK I might be ovulating as I have EWCM but we'll see... it would be awesome if that were the case, my cycles used to be weird and long and erratic. We were going to start TTC in the next month or two, but then there's this big conference in Chicago in June 2014 that I want to be able to still fly to, and then there is a spate of conferences in Europe in September... and then a big North American meeting in October...

...and I am realising that at some stage we need to just bite the bullet and get started, because there is always going to be this or that reason to put it off!

So my line in the sand at the moment is Christmas. And then we will see what happens.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Pancake, it's always impossible to plan TTC around life, so I say just go for it and you'll arrange/re-arrange as needed. I wasn't sure that J would be ready to go all the way until he was ready, but he surprised me. Best of luck this cycle :)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LC - but still preventing this cycle! We'll stop preventing at the end of the year :) I REALLY want to go to Chicago, and it kind of fits with when we thought we'd TTC anyway.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Pancake, well, I hope you come to Chicago. That's where I am and it'd be fun to have a G2G.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1381166067|3533619 said:
Well crap. I just realized that we may very well be trying one month from now. EEK.It sort of depends on how long my cycle is this month and what day I ovulate next month. Right now I'm on CD15 and had an almost positive OPK this morning, so I'm guessing I will O tomorrow. I mentioned to DH that next cycle was THE cycle and he said "huh, it doesn't seem like there's been that much time since you were pregnant last time." Um, yeah, no kidding. I need to start drinking wine since I know I'll miss it as soon as I get pregnant.

Um, yeah. 2nd time around it's like, we DTD, then like a week later you KNOW you're preg or not. It seems so so fast...I mean...even though it could take some time to get preg, it just seems quicker or something. We are thinking next cycle too...if I can wait...

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1381329290|3534735 said:
amc80|1381166067|3533619 said:

Um, yeah. 2nd time around it's like, we DTD, then like a week later you KNOW you're preg or not. It seems so so fast...I mean...even though it could take some time to get preg, it just seems quicker or something. We are thinking next cycle too...if I can wait...

Ha, cycle buddies...again! I think we've decided to wait one more cycle. Right now, AF will come right in the middle of our cruise, and if we tried the cycle before (which is next cycle) I'd know whether or not I was pregnant the entire cruise. I'm not a huge drinker but would like to have a glass of wine with dinner, guilt free. So I think we are waiting until December. Whew.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, amc I can understand wanting to hold off until the cruise is done. Are just you and DH going, or B too? We've never been ona cruise but I've heard how amazing they are.

We are thinking next cycle. I'm roughly CD 11, so I'm thinking that puts us at four weeks away. I'm nervous but excited. It feels so soon after C, but it's not really!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
megumic|1381406237|3535197 said:
Ha, amc I can understand wanting to hold off until the cruise is done. Are just you and DH going, or B too? We've never been ona cruise but I've heard how amazing they are.

We are thinking next cycle. I'm roughly CD 11, so I'm thinking that puts us at four weeks away. I'm nervous but excited. It feels so soon after C, but it's not really!

Yes, B is going! It will be interesting. It's a family/friends cruise and there are 17 of us all together. We got him a backpack/leash/harness thing (don't judge) to wear. We are also doing Disneyland for a couple of days prior to the cruise. I'm so excited!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1381419257|3535300 said:
Yes, B is going! It will be interesting. It's a family/friends cruise and there are 17 of us all together. We got him a backpack/leash/harness thing (don't judge) to wear. We are also doing Disneyland for a couple of days prior to the cruise. I'm so excited!

Haha, be careful with that! When my brother was a toddler, my mom tried putting him in one of those leash/harness things. We're all told that she put it on him at the mall, and he immediately dropped down on all fours and started meowing and barking. That officially put a quick stop to that little experiment! :lol:

DH and I are going on a cruise that leaves a week from Sunday, we're SO excited! It's our first cruise.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1381424421|3535368 said:
amc80|1381419257|3535300 said:

Haha, be careful with that! When my brother was a toddler, my mom tried putting him in one of those leash/harness things. We're all told that she put it on him at the mall, and he immediately dropped down on all fours and started meowing and barking. That officially put a quick stop to that little experiment! :lol:

DH and I are going on a cruise that leaves a week from Sunday, we're SO excited! It's our first cruise.

OMG that's funny! Hahaha!!!

Where are you going? Which line and ship?

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I can only imagine how mortifying it must have been for her. LOL!

We're going to the Eatern Med - Rome, Sicilty, Athens, Ephesus, and Crete - on RCCL, Navigator of the Seas. We leave in less than a week for a few days pre-cruise in Rome. I'm positively bursting at the seams in anticipation. I've been to Rome before but DH hasn't, and I just cannot wait to be there.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1381424985|3535376 said:
Yeah, I can only imagine how mortifying it must have been for her. LOL!

We're going to the Eatern Med - Rome, Sicilty, Athens, Ephesus, and Crete - on RCCL, Navigator of the Seas. We leave in less than a week for a few days pre-cruise in Rome. I'm positively bursting at the seams in anticipation. I've been to Rome before but DH hasn't, and I just cannot wait to be there.

That sounds amazing! Have a great time!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So since I still have about a year until I go off BC (and I'm a crazy long term planner) I joined weight watchers online. I have had success before with Nutrisystem but I just couldn't handle the monotony with how much I have to lose. I went off the wagon awhile ago and gained back most of my weight so now I'm trying something different. I also had given up going to the gym which I will be restarting as soon as I can get myself to do it, ha. I'm not going to go too crazy with numbers, I'm more concerned with just sticking to the plan. Mostly I just need to not eat out, that's always what messes me up. I have a thread that I started a million years ago in the healthy section (you can see I've been struggling with this since I was a teen) but since preparing for TTC is my focus I'll just post here. So here's to day 1 of weight watchers!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
So... it's my first CD1 since I got pregnant with S (who is now 20 months old)!

I'm stoked because it's exactly 5 weeks since my Mirena came out, which makes this my shortest natural cycle probably ever. With S, tracking back, I ovulated on day 43, and before going on the Pill (12 years earlier) my cycles were anything between 6 and 9 weeks apart.

Assuming I ovulated this time, that is!

ETA: For the girls who track their CM, does the EWCM correlate with ovulation, just prior to ovulation, or just after? Or is it not quite that finely tuned? I've just trawled back up this page and noted that I thought I was ovulating exactly 14 days ago :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
pancake said:
So... it's my first CD1 since I got pregnant with S (who is now 20 months old)! I'm stoked because it's exactly 5 weeks since my Mirena came out, which makes this my shortest natural cycle probably ever. With S, tracking back, I ovulated on day 43, and before going on the Pill (12 years earlier) my cycles were anything between 6 and 9 weeks apart. Assuming I ovulated this time, that is! ETA: For the girls who track their CM, does the EWCM correlate with ovulation, just prior to ovulation, or just after? Or is it not quite that finely tuned? I've just trawled back up this page and noted that I thought I was ovulating exactly 14 days ago :)

Usually EWCM ends at or before ovulation, not after. Mine ends 1-2 days before my temp shift.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks amc80, I assumed that would be the case as physiologically CM should correlate with the E2 (estradiol) peak, but I wasn't sure in practice that that was the case :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results