shape
carat
color
clarity

want. someone please buy this, i am sooooooo tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=141&idproduct=3117

karee888

Brilliant_Rock

t-6417g_656_general.jpg

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
The colour is a bit of an odd bird to me. If you like this stone, you are probably th perfect buyer for it. I''d haggle over the price, though!
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 7:16:04 AM
Author: Kim Bruun
The colour is a bit of an odd bird to me. If you like this stone, you are probably th perfect buyer for it. I''d haggle over the price, though!
2.gif
Seriously?
33.gif

First of all, I have never heard of anyone haggling with Barry over price.

Secondly, his stones sell immediately or almost immediately, because everything he posts to his site is fairly or under priced, ESPECIALLY compared to some other precision cutters.

Thirdly, I have never been disappointed or felt like I paid too much for anything I''ve bought from Barry, as his photos are incredibly accurate, and if anything I''ve been elated to find the stone IRL to be far more impressive than a 2D picture.

Karee, I think it''s gorgeous too. I''d snatch it up (especially a stone that size, and that color, at that price) but I am tapped out for a while, so I think you should go for it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know some people that collect gems that ALWAYS make an offer when it comes to buying. It doesn't hurt, but I do believe Barry has fair prices, and he's absolutely wonderful about returns. He's a great guy, one of my favorite lapidaries, but y'all buy everything before I can.
emsmilep.gif
2.gif
9.gif
LOL!! Maybe, in retrospect, that's a good thing.
22.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great colour. I know what you mean though about being tempted.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2010 12:30:38 PM
Author: FrekeChild

The colour is a bit of an odd bird to me. If you like this stone, you are probably th perfect buyer for it. I'd haggle over the price, though!
2.gif
Seriously?
33.gif

Secondly, his stones sell immediately or almost immediately, because everything he posts to his site is fairly or under priced, ESPECIALLY compared to some other precision cutters.

Thirdly, I have never been disappointed or felt like I paid too much for anything I've bought from Barry, as his photos are incredibly accurate, and if anything I've been elated to find the stone IRL to be far more impressive than a 2D picture.

Karee, I think it's gorgeous too. I'd snatch it up (especially a stone that size, and that color, at that price) but I am tapped out for a while, so I think you should go for it.
Ditto to everything Freke said. I think Barry's prices are very fair. I've bought three stones from him and they're even prettier IRL than his pictures--I bet this one is even prettier in person too.

Karee, it's very pretty! It would make a lovely Valentines Day present
31.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
thanks, guys. i''ll have to see if it''s still there in a few weeks. we''ve got a kitty who is sneezing blood
7.gif
and i foresee big vet bills in the near future if his shot of antibiotics does not work by monday.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2010 7:30:42 PM
Author: karee888
thanks, guys. i''ll have to see if it''s still there in a few weeks. we''ve got a kitty who is sneezing blood
7.gif
and i foresee big vet bills in the near future if his shot of antibiotics does not work by monday.
Oh no, I hope kitty gets better soon.
39.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the kitty gets better too.

Looks like the tourmaline finally sold. I hope it was a Pricescoper who takes good pictures!
31.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2010 9:26:01 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 2/13/2010 7:30:42 PM

7.gif

Oh no, I hope kitty gets better soon.
39.gif
thanks! it''s so sad, i''m so helpless.
7.gif
he seems to be sneezing less today! so that''s good! :)

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2010 11:28:20 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I hope the kitty gets better too.

Looks like the tourmaline finally sold. I hope it was a Pricescoper who takes good pictures!
31.gif
crap. so much for that! i hope they post on here.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, oddly enough, the color isn''t really doing much for me. But some of the other tourmalines on his site are making me drool. I like this one and this one especially!

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock

2.gif
Seriously?
33.gif

Thirdly, I have never been disappointed or felt like I paid too much for anything I''ve bought from Barry, as his photos are incredibly accurate, and if anything I''ve been elated to find the stone IRL to be far more impressive than a 2D picture.
You seem offended. I am not saying that Barry''s prices are unfair, and I am in no way an expert on gemstone pricing. I will say that the colour of that particular stone is unusual, and I''ll even venture that it won''t appeal to many buyers. I personally do not find it attractive. But hey, a rubellite or chrome green tourmaline of the same size and quality would probably be more expensive, so maybe the price is fair enough.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like it too! I hope youe kitty is okay and that it''s just some sort of sinus thing. Poor guy.
7.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2010 4:20:18 PM
Author: innerkitten
I like it too! I hope youe kitty is okay and that it''s just some sort of sinus thing. Poor guy.
7.gif

i am very happy to report that bradley is no longer sneezing blood! still sneezing bit, but he''s SO much better!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*A big sigh of relief*
4.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

2.gif
Seriously?
33.gif

Karee, I think it''s gorgeous too. I''d snatch it up (especially a stone that size, and that color, at that price) but I am tapped out for a while, so I think you should go for it.
I thought it was a pretty color too, and I have to agree with Freke. Haggle over the price with Barry? He''s one of the nicest gentlemen I''ve ever had the pleasure of buying anything from and he turns a buying experience into a lot of fun. I would never dream of hurting his feelings or insulting his talent or his material by haggling. He''s quite a gem himself. He left a very positive impression on me.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 6:45:06 PM
Author: gemgirl

2.gif

Seriously?
33.gif

I thought it was a pretty color too, and I have to agree with Freke. Haggle over the price with Barry? He''s one of the nicest gentlemen I''ve ever had the pleasure of buying anything from and he turns a buying experience into a lot of fun. I would never dream of hurting his feelings or insulting his talent or his material by haggling. He''s quite a gem himself. He left a very positive impression on me.
+1. i would never, ever dream of haggling with barry.

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/15/2010 9:02:02 PM

7.gif

i am very happy to report that bradley is no longer sneezing blood! still sneezing bit, but he''s SO much better!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m really glad your kitty is doing better!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2010 6:45:06 PM
Author: gemgirl

2.gif
Seriously?
33.gif

Knowing what a kind and honest person Barry is, I don''t think a good honest offer would hurt his feelings, and it might be worth it on some of his older merchandise that hasn''t sold for a while. It''s better than looking at the price and saying, "forget about it, too expensive." He might even appreciate an offer on some things. It''s better than having it sit around and not selling ever. He also gives multiple item discounts, but I don''t think it ever hurts to make an offer on something that is old inventory. The worst he can say is "no."

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 9:02:02 PM

7.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yay!!! I''m so happy to hear it.

I think that''s a cool color and a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results