shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanna see my original engagement ring circa 1994??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
This was taken on my wedding day right after the ceremony. My dress sleeve looks so cheesy to me now! Keep in mind it was 1994.

I recently scanned in my wedding photos to digital format.

I have posted my new ring in the past, but here is the original. I have it in the safe depost box most likely for one of my daughters one day if they want it.

Its a .81ct diamond and I don't remember many other specs. I do know it has flourecene and looks slightly blusih in the sun. It was supposed to be a F color but its an EGL dated 1993 so who really knows. I love this ring even though I don't wear it anymore. My husband wanted to get me a bigger one at 10 years which I got last year (belated) and upgraded to a 1.63. I also switched to platinum and got a thinner wedding band.

Dosn't my husband have tiny little hands!

edited, the attachment is not working. I'm trying.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Pic ??

ETA:
I just noticed you are having trouble posting your pic.
Good luck, hope you can post it!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I tried to send a message to admin for help but the message box does not seem to work.

I''m having trouble shrinking the photo so it will upload.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see the pic.
1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I just got in touch with PS admin and emailed the photo. It will be attached by admin. Thanks so much Andrey!

The bag that our hands are on with the Hebrew writing is the bag that contains the glass fragments that my husband stepped on right after the rabbi married is. A jewish custom thats unique and cool :) Right after the marriage, the groom breaks a glass with their foot. Often its placed in a bag first so there are no glass fragments flying around! Many couples use light bulbs but judaica stores also sell really thin wine glasses so they will break easier.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, I want to see it, too! Did you click on edit and then "stretch/skew"? I take mine down to about 15% and it always works. Oh, and rename them just in case.

cl2ysta1

Rough_Rock
where is the picture!!!!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Here it is

Scan10313_m.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!.

Its yellow gold, and the .81ct round is set in a 2mm 4 prong yellow gold setting. my band is 4mm yellow gold. DH's is 5mm yellow gold. both bands are comfort fit.

My current ring has been posted before. I don't know how to transfer pictures or I would but its floating around somewhere under show me the ring. Its 1.63ct round ideal cut set in a vatche setting with a baguete in each side. I love it! I wear a 3mm platinum comfort fit band with it. And I surprised DH with a 5mm platinum band shortly after I got my rings so he would match me :)

I have our original rings safely tucked away. I did get the new platinum rings engraved with the same thing as our originals. I had wanted platinum from the beginning but we were young and poor and could not afford it.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I guess my rings must have been majorly ugly since no one has commented in the 2 days since its been posted!

Edited to say, I typed that first sentence laughing as I typed. So don't take me seriously :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2007 10:45:07 PM
Author: asscherisme
Wow, I guess my rings must have been majorly ugly since no one has commented in the 2 days since its been posted!

I'm sure the rings are very pretty in person ... but I can't tell ANYTHING from that picture ... and I bet everyone else is having the same problem. It's just one picture, and from ... uh ... afar.

Also, holiday weekends are notoriously slow around here ... so don't feel badly that there haven't been more comments.

Any OTHER pictures of your old set??
1.gif

ETA: since you know what you're looking at in the pix ... it might seem more obvious to you. To someone who has never seen the set in person -- I swear, its just a sparkleblur.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what deco said...I can''t see anything, either! Can we see a close up photo?

jacknfletch

Rough_Rock
Yes, I can''t see it either - I am new here (and usually just lurk around a bit) but that is why I didn''t respond - couldn''t really see.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, assherisme! I didn''t reply because I didn''t realize the picture had been posted! My original diamond was 1 ct. set in the exact same yg 2mm setting (except I got married a long time before you!). I still think it is pretty even though I have converted to white metals! It''s funny that we both ended up with 1.63 ct. diamonds on our second sets!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results