shape
carat
color
clarity

Wallet stolen by employee at movie/video store...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I am a little upset today, since I rented a movie last night, leaving my new Coach wallet on the counter in the store, When I realized I called the store, to see if it might be around and the clerk said NO. I went over to the store, and a different gal was working. I told her I had left the wallet on the counter (after signing the slip to rent the movie), and there was NOBODY but me in the store. The employee informed me that the gal working when I was there, had been acussed of theft before and it wouldn't surprise her if she did take my wallet. I filed a report with the police right away..and I am hoping they will go to the store today to talk to this employee. I am not sure whether the store has video surveillance or not. It's kind of a small, dingy old house that is privately owned, and they rent movies there. Not a well known chain or anything. The wallet is worth about $250 empty, and the thing that bothers me most, is that I now have to replace my health card and children's health cards (what we need to show the doctor/dentist here in Canada at every appointment, so that healthcare is paid), along with driver's license. I hear that is a HUGE ordeal! I cancelled my credit cards right away..and there was only $15 in the wallet (no biggie). I just can't believe how dishonest some people can be , this young girl (maybe 18-20) shouldn't even be employed if she has been suspected of stealing from customers before! Anyway. I have to replace my wallet, and wondered if there is anywhere to buy coach wallets online (other than E-bay) that will ship to Canada. My husband bought me that one in Kentucky, while on a conference a few months ago. I have NEVER left my purse or wallet behind in my life, so this is a little depressing!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
ICK!
29.gif
sorry beau13, that is a rotten feeling! I hope you get it back

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
beau13, that''s terrible!
29.gif
I''m so sorry. Have you complained to the store owner and/or manager? I don''t know if they could help with your wallet, but at least they''d know what was going on.

It looks like Coach has several stores in Canada, per this link: http://www.coach.com/storelocator/StoreResults.aspx?mode=3&country=CA&countryname=Canada. If you''re not close enough to visit any of them, try calling to see if they''ll do a phone order and ship from the store. I used to work at a different retail store and we did that all the time, so it''s worth checking into!

I hope you get everything sorted out quickly.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, Beau. I''ve had to replace all of my cards and documents when my wallet was stolen on two different occasions
38.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
What a bummer, sorry to hear this!
38.gif
I too would speak with the store manager and/or owner and inform them of the situation and of what the other clerk said. I hope you''re able to get your wallet back. It sure makes you wonder about people these days, doesn''t it.
33.gif

I''m wishing you the best outcome!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s awful, especially in light of what the other girl had to say. Hopefully there''ll be surveillance and they''ll catch whoever has taken it.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I''d be LIVID! Which wallet was it? Coach.com ships to canada!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 2:50:59 PM
Author: bee*
that''s awful, especially in light of what the other girl had to say. Hopefully there''ll be surveillance and they''ll catch whoever has taken it.
Ditto. So sorry Beau!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beau, I am so sorry. I hope they let this person go.

Linda

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beau, I''m so very sorry. I know how you must feel. I had my Gucci handbag and wallet stolen at a trade show many years ago and it was heartbreaking to me. In your case, you''ve got an honest shot at getting your wallet back since you were the only one in the store. Press the police to do something for you until you''re satisfied with the outcome. If the police think that you can, I''d press charges if I were you.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice ladies..much appreciated. I just called the police station again, since they have not come by and they said they would last night. Cops around here are just pathetic....guess they are too busy with more important things..
Anyway..lady on the phone said they will eventually come see me, I told her "today I hope?". If the surveillance camera is working, it needs to be seen now, not in a few days when the manager returns (at camp until Tuesday). By then, it will be taped over! I just want the police to view the tape, to see if my wallet is in view, and what happened to it, once I left the store. Is that too much to ask? My GOD!! I really don''t think I will ever get it back..but I keep hoping someone will call and tell me they found my ID (maybe in a gargabe, on the road..whatever!). If I find anything out, I will let you all know. In the meantime, I''ve been looking online for a replacement wallet. I''m just leary of spending another couple hundred on a wallet again!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
It was the Hampton''s checkbook style wallet. I was just impressed that hubby picked it out all by himself, and bought it for me..not like him! I was a bit upset that he spent that much on a wallet (came out to about $252 Cdn) I think I would be less upset if I my diamond ring was stolen, since it''s insured, and I know it would be replaced!
Date: 8/31/2008 3:01:40 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
Yeah, I''d be LIVID! Which wallet was it? Coach.com ships to canada!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe try someone selling one used on ebay?

Lot''s of ebay sellers will ship to you!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 5:46:19 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
Maybe try someone selling one used on ebay?

Lot''s of ebay sellers will ship to you!
I know, I seen a few brand new ones with tags/boxed for 60% less than what hubby paid. One seller just e-mailed me saying she could sell me the same wallet (brand new) for $100 shipped, (and she''s in Canada, so it shouldn''t take mroe than a week to arrive), so I might just take her up on it. I guess I should get the same wallet if possible, since DH did pick out that style for me!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry someone did that. What an awful pain in the you know what to deal with.
38.gif

Mrs.2Artists

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 10:56:16 AM
Author:beau13
I am a little upset today, since I rented a movie last night, leaving my new Coach wallet on the counter in the store, When I realized I called the store, to see if it might be around and the clerk said NO. I went over to the store, and a different gal was working. I told her I had left the wallet on the counter (after signing the slip to rent the movie), and there was NOBODY but me in the store. The employee informed me that the gal working when I was there, had been acussed of theft before and it wouldn''t surprise her if she did take my wallet. I filed a report with the police right away..and I am hoping they will go to the store today to talk to this employee. I am not sure whether the store has video surveillance or not. It''s kind of a small, dingy old house that is privately owned, and they rent movies there. Not a well known chain or anything. The wallet is worth about $250 empty, and the thing that bothers me most, is that I now have to replace my health card and children''s health cards (what we need to show the doctor/dentist here in Canada at every appointment, so that healthcare is paid), along with driver''s license. I hear that is a HUGE ordeal! I cancelled my credit cards right away..and there was only $15 in the wallet (no biggie). I just can''t believe how dishonest some people can be , this young girl (maybe 18-20) shouldn''t even be employed if she has been suspected of stealing from customers before! Anyway. I have to replace my wallet, and wondered if there is anywhere to buy coach wallets online (other than E-bay) that will ship to Canada. My husband bought me that one in Kentucky, while on a conference a few months ago. I have NEVER left my purse or wallet behind in my life, so this is a little depressing!
Check with your home owners insurance before buying a new wallet...some cover loss of luxery items in situations like this ...may be worth a look see depending on deductable.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beau, that sucks. Maybe if you file the report, and the police come in and scare her a bit, it might be "found" suddenly. I am sorry about the inconvenience to you about the cards and also that you cannot just go and get another Coach wallet, forgetting the money issue, you simply do not have stores to get one in.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..it's been 3 days since this inciident, and after a few phone calls to the poilce station, they still have not yet contacted me, or gone down to the video store to view the surveillance video. I suppose by now, that it's too late for that. I see why cops have the bad reputation they do, complete IDIOTS, who are the cause for criminals running rampid, and allowing them to get away with theft, murder etc. I mean, I still remember a gal who was murdered here in an adult video store (employed there), and it's been a decade now, still no idea as to whom might have commited this brutal act. Maybe I'm watching too much CSI, but I have to say our justice system really needs BIG improvements, and the way victims are treated is sometimes unspeakable! I guess the police force is too busy down at the donut shop to take a few minutes to investigate a small incident, and I can't believe that I contribute to their income as a taxpayer! I think I might even write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. I knew there was a reason I never dated cops..LOSERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results