shape
carat
color
clarity

Wal-Mart is the #1 diamond seller in America...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I find this disturbing. However, what I find more disturbing is that this consumer advocate is telling the American public that of the ''4Cs'', the cut one means shape. There is is a place to comment on the bottom... I suggest we all try to set her straight!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10263668/

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
"When you buy a diamond, you''re buying Carat (size), Cut (shape) Color..." Is it Cut or is it Shape?

"The best diamonds come with papers." - like there is such a thing as a best diamond and a nice diamond cannot be without a paper
3.gif

"the only papers that people in the industry put any stock in come from the Gemological Institute of America. If the GIA says a stone is 1.35 carat round, G color, VS1 clarity, in other words, it is." - not always

“The average mark-up on a diamond is 100 percent,” - where did they get this? [$$)] In the internet it can be from 5% to 15%; B&M store 25%-40%...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2005 12:06:14 PM
Author: Pricescope

“The average mark-up on a diamond is 100 percent,” - where did they get this? [$$)] In the internet it can be from 5% to 15%; B&M store 25%-40%...
Their markup?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
"Only stones graded I have flaws you can see with the naked eye." Hmmm...no.
20.gif
Plenty of SI1 and SI2 stones have eye visible inclusions.

I think we should send this woman to PS to get a little more diamond education
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results