shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting for my cushion cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kim_dice

Rough_Rock
I have been reading this forum for at least 6 months. Seems like longer. I have been admiring all of the beautiful diamonds and wondering if ever I was going to get one from my boyfriend of 5 years.
For the past year and a half we have been talking about getting married and visiting a few jewelry stores nearby. One in specific really because it has the most beautiful stones.
Finally we decided this will be the year we will be married. During this whole time we have been looking at stones I learned that I fell in love with cushion cut stones. Every time I look at one I melt. So with that knowlege in hand my boyfriend went to pick out a diamond. It has not been easy. I tried talking him into looking on the internet at reputable jewelers but he felt that he needed to see it in person and feel it in his hands to know if it was the right one.
It seems that nice cushion cuts are hard to find lately. After about 3 months of Jan ( the woman who will forever now be my jeweler) looking she finally found one that had just been cut and wasnt on the market yet.
I am so excited. I want to see it but my boyfriend wont let me. He says that he wants to do an official proposal and that I cant see the ring until he does. Unfortunately He says that we cant take vacation to do this until March or April. I tell him this is cruel punishment.
19.gif
');" alt="Insert smilie
19.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/19.gif" border="0">
I know the stats on the center stone and I will paste them. I also know that it will be set in platinum with a split prong with 3 side stones of .15 on either side. That tells me a lot but....it isnt the same as seeing it. anyway....I just wanted to share because I am so excited....and frustrated that I have to wait. lol here are the specs and thanks for letting me hmm vent the right word? not really

Lab Shape Carat Color Clarity Measurements Depth Table Culet Polish Symmetry
GIA CU 1.63 I IF 8.13-6.55-4.34 66.00 56 M EXCELLENT EXCELLENT

Oh yeah the one thing that has me just a little concerned is the medium culet. Of course I would NEVER tell him that I am concerned and I am sure that I will love it I am just trying to picture this. He searched so hard for this diamond and he picked it out with his heart. Has anyone ever seen a cushion with a medium culet?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds Great! You had better post pictures when he finally does propose!

Here''s a "slightly large" culet on a stone nearly the same size as yours. I don''t mind this one myself, adn yours should be even less noticable. Hope that helps!

wf152cushion40x.jpg

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your soon-to-be stone ;-)

Personally, I LOVE culets. My Old European has a small one.

A friend of mine has an antique cushion that is about 2.5cts - and it has a fairly large culet - and it is STUNNING!

Just make sure you post pictures when you get it!!
emteeth.gif

Incognito2

Rough_Rock
Congrats on finding the right stone Kim.....I know pretty much exactly the cushion that I am looking for....and NOBODY can find one that fits the bill. It is sooooo frustrating. I''m sure your future fiance/husband has picked one out tat you will love, trust him....your ring will be beautiful........

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Kim, it sounds as though your boyfriend has put an awful lot of effort into finding the right stone and you are a very lucky lady to get an I IF. It''s also very unusual to find a cushion cut stone with excellent polish and symmetry. I''ve seen pictures of medium and large culets in cushions and I personally don''t think it detracts from the stone at all, although personal preference does come into play. I''m sure you''re going to love the stone once it''s set and is your engagement ring, it''s going to look beautiful. What an exciting time for you, congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results