shape
carat
color
clarity

Wacky proposal idea....opinions appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigjim

Rough_Rock
HI Everyone!

I have a thread on Rocky Talk going on about ideas for my lady''s engagement ring. I would appreciate all opinions on that since I am torn on what to get.

I do, however, have a totally wild idea for a proposal and I want to run it by all of you to see if it is, well, too wacky. Here it goes....

My lady is a high school teacher, as I am. I used to teach at the same school she does now, but when we started dating, the principal did not think it set a good example to the students to have two of her teachers dating each other. Long story, but I wound up getting a job at another high school in the area last fall (for more money, haha!) So I still know most of the teachers there that she works with.

Her school has a huge talent show every March. I mean this is the biggest event of the school year. They put the show on in the evening because it is so popular...alumni come back just to see it and so do a lot of people in the community who don''t even have students at the school. Both students and teachers put on acts. It is a alot of fun.

Anyway....the last act of the evening is a magic act by one of the teachers. He not only does a great magic act, but he puts a lot of comedy into it as well. It is really funny. He usually has one of the teachers be his assistant and for the last couple of years, my lady was the assistant.

I contacted this guy about for the final part of his act, instead of having something disappear, to have ME appear on stage in some sort of box. I am a big guy (hence my user name) so for me to pop out of a smallish size box would be quite funny. I would then propose to her on stage in front of her coworkers and the students and their families.

I asked her sister if she would be embarressed if I proposed in front of all those people and she thinks it is a great idea. My lady was engaged previously and picked out the ring with her ex fiance so she said she really wants to be surprised this time.

What do you think? Is this just too wacky, even for a crazy guy like me? If you think it''s a stupid idea, don''t worry, I can handle it!
emotion-5.gif

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jim;
I think your idea is really cool. It will def be very memorable for both of you for you to propose at that big event in the community.
Since she said she wouldnt be embarrassed I would say that i would def go for it. I hope it works out really well. Good luck

Phil

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it, sounds great. Really!!!
2.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is a great idea!! Please tell me when and where the talent show will be held so I can be in the audience
36.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
That''s a fun idea. As long as she doesn''t mind being proposed to in front of lots of people, then definitely go for it.

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
And not just any people, but her students! If she's the blushing type she might be blushing for the next 4 years! Other than that, I think it's awesome if you do want something public. I'm certain the kids will go absolutely crazy and bring the house down. Could you keep it from her, with her being the assistant?

bigjim

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks again! It''s not that I have to do something public, but I want to blow her socks off! She isn''t the shy type...she is the head of the Drama Club at her school and she does a lot of local theatre productions in the summer. She actually might blush at this but I think she would love it.

I have it worked out with the magician about how we would go about this....they would practice the appearing act with another teacher (who obviously would be in on it) and then the night of the show, I would sneak into that teacher''s place. When I taught at that school, I was the one appearing once a few years ago (I was wearing a big chicken suit....imagine a 6''3", 250# guy appearing on stage in a too small chicken suit!) so I know how the trick works. I was going to make some excuse on why I couldn''t attend the show in order to really surprise her.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jim,

This lass is going to be absolutely over the moon with your proposal and the ring (that you are putting a lot of time and effort into choosing)

I know why she''s marrying you...you sound like a great guy!

Go for it....it''s sounds fun, and she''ll love it.

blod
35.gif

dazzling

Rough_Rock
Jim,

I think this is a fantastic idea! I am sure you wouldn''t have considered it if you thought she would be embarassed or uncomfortable... and it seems you are guaranteed to surprise her ... I am sure she will love that you were so thoughtful to come up with such a creative idea. Way to go, and good luck!!!
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my fave proposal idea ever (besides my Fiance''s of course!). If her sister gives the OK, you''re good to go!

Please, please report back & w/plenty of pix.

And if she says no, give me your # -- I have plenty of single g-friends!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I think the idea sounds great.. Let us know how it goes!!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
What a fantastic idea! Let us know how it all turns out.
emsmile.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
BJ, I love the proposal idea, it''s fab. If your girlfriend is head of the Drama Club then no way will she be put out by such a public proposal. It will be the biggest surprise and most wonderful memory in her life. GO FOR IT, it''s a great idea. I can''t wait for it to happen and for us to get an update... with pictures!!!

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
And absolutely record it all on video! Would that be a PS first--hosting a proposal video?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bigjim that is a FABULOUS idea, I just love it!! My fiance proposed to me on the front page of the newspaper, and I tell you it blew my socks off all right!! Alot of guys don''t like the whole public proposal thing, but if that''s what you have in mind I''d say go for it!!!!!

MellowYellow

Rough_Rock
What a fun idea! She is going to be so surprised! GO FOR IT!!! I would love to see the video
36.gif

jewelia

Rough_Rock
Oh my - I''m almost crying thinking about it! What a clever and unique proposal idea... I can''t wait to see the pictures.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

amyg

Shiny_Rock
I think that''s an awesome idea!!! She will be totally surprised, and you''ll have a big audience that will probably give you both a stand O when she says yes!!! Way to go with being creative!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is sweet (though too embarrassing for me) When my family moved states many, many, many years ago I looked at 7 different high schools. My favorite was the one with while I was there a teacher''s BF proposed to her over the load speaker. I still remember seeing her run down the hall to the office to answer him. I thought it was so sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results