shape
carat
color
clarity

W-band option with my e-ring - Will it do for now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping for more blingage for my w-band (7 9pointers prong set in platinum), but since that's not possible right now, I'm trying to figure out what I want for a temporary band. These pics are of my e-ring with my 'fakey' white gold band that I wear when I'm traveling to minimize harassment. If you guys think it looks good, I'd get the same thing (flat-ish, 2mm) but in platnum.

In terms of the stats:

The e-ring is The Bulgari Beast, aka 'Corona' setting in platinum with a .7 carat E, SI1, GIA Excellent cut diamond (yes, honey eventually insisted on 'mind clean' for me!)

tempband1.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Another...

ETA: Sorry about the GHASTLY nailage! I was mucking around this morning and only just realized I forgot to take this gunk off before pics! Sooooo embarassed!
32.gif

tempband2.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I really like the look of your ER, do you have closer photos of just it? If so, would you mind to post them? Thanks :)

edited to add! sorry I just saw that you posted another at the time I was asking... more is good!
31.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I know these chunky prongs weren''t everyones'' fave, but I''m still lovin'' em. Especially when I knock the thing... aka, every five minutes.

tempband3.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm... almost-arrows. Here''s your close-up, Çã†hër§! The ''scintillation chambers'' plus big prongs make the diamond look a LOT bigger if you''re not up close. Because the whole face of the ring sparkles like mad. The prongs and chambers disappear into part of the diamond.

tempband4.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Parallel view. I like the flatness beside the bulbousness of the e-ring setting.... I think?

That''s it for now on the pics. What do YOU all think? Does this combination look OK? Honest feedback much appreciated!

tempband5.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
OK! I am wiping serious droolage off of my keyboard!! WOW!! thanks for the pics! I am like you and torn about choices for WB''s. I would REALLY like a scattered diamond band, likely 4mm, BUT everyday life keeps happening, and I don''t think I will be able to pull it off financially right now. I think I will likely have to go for a plain platinum band ''for now'' and yanno, I have the patience of a flea! I guess looking and pining over other''s scattered diamond bands will have to do for now.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Glad you like the ring, Çã†hër§! It was a bit, uhm, controversial on here and I was a bit unsure at first. But I just loooove it. Much more now than when FI first bought it, even.
30.gif
30.gif

Anyone out there have any other suggestions for w-bands? Or do you like this one?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the plain band. It is a great option.

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I like the plain band as well, but I think I would be hard pressed to turn down diamonds in my WB. My ER is quite tiny..only .32 so I was hoping for a few more diamonds too. My WB will likely have more carat weight than my actual ER LOL. Do you have any pics of the type of band you would like? I saw what you had written but am having trouble visualizing it..still trying to recover from your gorgeous ER
30.gif

if you are looking at shared prong, will they rub against your ER?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the plain band actually! And I still love that ring. Looks fab!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your eng. ring & the wedding band looks perfect w/it!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I think the plain band looks great with your ering!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Does Bulgari have a plain, platinum band in the Corona line?

ETA: I can't seem to copy the pic, but I just found a matching band in platinum--no bling. Can someone wander over to Bulgari and post the ring?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yup, Bulgari has 3 matching bands: one plain platinum, one with etoile style scattered stones, and one with micro-pave. But they range from $1100 ish (for plain) to $2400ish. And our recent financial disaster (12K special assessment on my condo... and I don''t mean 12 karat either!) means that''s out of the question for now.
14.gif
39.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 8:38:39 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Yup, Bulgari has 3 matching bands: one plain platinum, one with etoile style scattered stones, and one with micro-pave. But they range from $1100 ish (for plain) to $2400ish. And our recent financial disaster (12K special assessment on my condo... and I don''t mean 12 karat either!) means that''s out of the question for now.
14.gif
39.gif
Oh my!! In that case, bag the Bulgari, for now
39.gif
A plain platinum band would look great with that fabulous ring of yours!! Curses on special assessments on condos
29.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
The idea with the 7 stone would be to have it very slightly curved so it fits in with the e-ring, but not TOO matchy. There''s a local jeweler who said he could do it for me with U-prongs (a la Kcoursolle... maybe we should call them kcourprongs!) in platinum with ideal cut stones. I tried on a lot of diamond w-bands and the 9ish pointers looked best with the e-ring.

FI and I are starting a fund for this as soon as we get married and we''ll aim to have it made for our first anniversary!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
You know, I''ve had a couple of these moments where it really REALLY hits me that I''m getting married. And just now, looking at those pics of the rings together on my finger was one of them. That''s a (almost) married woman''s hand. With a married woman''s rings.

HOORAY! I found a wonderful man and I get to be his wife!
36.gif
I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.
9.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
sincere congratulations
36.gif
35.gif
1.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great too! I still love your ring too. Seriously love it, and am jealous that you have the genuine thing!

Hey congrats on the getting married thing! Ain''t love grand?

a

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it will MORE than do ...... i think they pair perfectly together! really, the plain band is just the right width, it compliments your ering beautifully. and should you go for one of the other options you talked about, it will be nice to have this to mix it up with once and a while.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''m kind of liking it too. It''s as understated as it could possibly be, and let''s the e-ring do its thing.

BTW, I think I get my taste for bulkiliscious rings from my mom. Here''s her paw with just her big chunky white gold w-band. Some time I''ll manage to sneak a shot of her 2.67 RB for y''all!

ps momhand.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
IG,

I like your ring more and more every time I see it! I think that w-band is perfect with your ring.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 9:33:21 AM
Author: Independent Gal
Thanks everyone! I''m kind of liking it too. It''s as understated as it could possibly be, and let''s the e-ring do its thing.
Yep. And I love it!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks FANTASTIC! Very fluid, very "natural"--if you know what I mean. Well, not sure I know what I mean. But that''s the feeling that I get
2.gif
smooooooooooooooooooth

Love it!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I think it will do nicely. Now we just have to find a company that sells flat-ish thin bands that aren''t actually square.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results