shape
carat
color
clarity

VS1 and Feather Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Drewgasm

Rough_Rock
My friend has a Princess cut diamond.....I notice a black blemish when looking through it on the side of the stone with the naked eye........on her certificate, it says there is a feather in the diamond, my question is, is this the feather or something else? It is a VS1......I thought you shouldnt be able to see anything like that if its a VS1 unless you are using a loupe......Could her clarity grade be wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock

I am in no way an expert (and I know some others will chime in and educate us both), but I do believe part of the clarity grade can be determined by where the inclusion is as much as by what it is....however, personally I thought that VS grades were reserved for stones with inclusions not visible to the naked eye period, so I guess I do not really have an answer to your question

20.gif
However, out of curiousity which lab graded the diamond?

thaita78

Rough_Rock
Was the certificate from GIA?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
All stones are grade face up, never from any other view, including from the side.

As a matter of fact you can sometimes see a VS clairty stone from the side, because that is the easiest way to see it. Face up, the sparkles and facets get in the way often times. If you can see this inclusion from face up, then there is an issue. Also black inclusions show up much better than clouds, etc, so if that is all she had, that could possibly still be a VS1.

Last idea, it could also just be dirty. If the stone was cleaned and taken out of it''s setting it would be a lot different...

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results