shape
carat
color
clarity

Vote/advise on the diamond I buy Sat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gshanks

Rough_Rock
The people/info on this site have been invaluable to my understanding of diamond buying. Thanks! Now, take a moment to vote/advise on the diamond I buy my GF this Sat. First, let me make a few comments. I''ve decided to go B&M because they can get it to me quick (I need it by 2/19), because they offer 12 mos SAC, and because I like actually seeing what I''m getting. I''m not asking any of my friends or family for advice on this because I want it to truly be a surprise to everyone, so you folks are serving as my advisors! These are all princess cut diamonds. I am mounting in a wg solitaire setting. Please make your choice from the following:

1. 0.72ct, E, SI2, very good polish, very good symmetry, very good cut, 5.21 x 4.83 x 3.52, GIA cert - $2650
I could see a slight black crystal upon close inspection with the loupe. I would never see it with the naked eye. This B&M is a local (Knoxville, TN) company with a long and successful reputation in the area. They offer all the nice perks of upgrading, returning (30 day), lifetime care, etc. The owner personally buys all the stones. They gave me a copy of the GIA cert.

2. 0.70ct, H, SI1, good polish, good symmetry, good cut, 4.93 x 4.60 x 3.70, IGI cert - $2200
I couldn''t see any inclusions, even with the loupe. This diamond is at Jared. They offer similar upgrading, return, and care packages. They did not give me a cert copy b/c they are not available in-house, faxed copies take about 2 weeks. This diamond seemed a little rectangular when compared to more square ones near it in the case. Funny though, the difference between it''s length and width is less than difference in the #1 stone, but I don''t recall #1 being particularly rectangular.

3. 0.62ct, F, VS1, good polish, good symmetry, good cut, didn''t get the dimensions, IGI cert - $2000
I couldn''t see any inclusions, even with the loupe. This diamond is at Jared, see above for notes on them. This diamond seemed more square than #2.

Honestly, all these stones looked great to me. I believe my GF would be happy with any of them, because she is not particularly high-maintenance or picky, and doesn''t wear much jewelry or high fashion anyway. She''s kind of a tomboy, but she''s amazing and I love her.

I''m keeping this entire purchase (stone, setting, mounting, taxes, etc) under $3K. All of these stones allow me to do that. So, go ahead, let me know which one I should get. Thanks in advance!

Grant

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
I Think to get some more advise... if you could supply table and depth info then it''ll give those who know a bit more to work on.

other than that... thats about all i can say (not knowing anything other than table/depth at around 75% is good... and the table should be maybe 3-5% less than the depth %) except... let your eyes be the judge. try and view em away from the jewellers lights... try daylight if they''ll let you - some shop''s lighting ''will make coal sparkle'' was one phrase i heard on here...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results