shape
carat
color
clarity

Virtual Loop opinion on if diamond is "eye clean"

llnathanll

Rough_Rock
Hello - I've spent alot of time reading this website and this is my first post :) This diamond is currently on hold and I'm curious to get feedback on if this will be "eye clean" from about 5" away.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS2-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1500377.asp

Feedback I've received from JA Sales Agent... This is the first response. "I see what you meant by this diamond not being "eye clean". In all honesty, it completely depends on the diamond and how great the cut is. Round brilliant diamonds tend to hide their inclusions very well when the cut of the diamond was graded excellent or ideal. I feel that with this diamond, the inclusions will blend nicely and mask very well. If that is a concern, we can always swap this one out for another that has less inclusions on the table. Just let me know how you want to proceed and will make it happen. "

This is the 2nd response from the SA after I asked him to verified if it's "eye clean" since I don't want to go through the hassle of swapping..."I can assure that this diamond is 100%, completely "eye clean". I often forget that we are looking at a diamond that is 10x larger than it will be in person and with the loupe, it adds another 10x. So, with the loupe and the magnified image, we are seeing that diamond at 20x magnification."

I respect the SA opinion and believe he is correct but I still have some doubt since the inclusion is pretty visible in the picture. I would appreciate it if I can get some opinion on this :)

Thanks!

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
I feel that IRL those inclusions at 230 and 900 will be difficult to see: you have to remember the pic is magnified 20-30x. Make sure you ask JA if the stone is eye clean to YOUR definitions and liking. That's what matters. You need to ask them if it's eye clean at 5" and if it's eyeclean from the sides as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd ask about that black carbon spot right under the table. I'm actually a little surprised that with that inclusion the diamond is a VS. But as Titan said, you are talking about a tiny spot on something that is 7.5mm total, so the only way to know is to have the gemologist examine it for you. But remember even if the gemologist says that it is eyeclean to him: eyeclean is subjective and depends on your and your lady's eyesight. So keep that in mind. If you or she have eagle eyes then you might see something.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1340262119|3220874 said:
I'd ask about that black carbon spot right under the table. I'm actually a little surprised that with that inclusion the diamond is a VS. But as Titan said, you are talking about a tiny spot on something that is 7.5mm total, so the only way to know is to have the gemologist examine it for you. But remember even if the gemologist says that it is eyeclean to him: eyeclean is subjective and depends on your and your lady's eyesight. So keep that in mind. If you or she have eagle eyes then you might see something.

...or if you have Gypsy's cat's eyes... you'll see everything...even into souls... :bigsmile:

llnathanll

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the feedback. I will ask for a gemologist to take a look at 5" distance face up and from side view.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results