shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Thai pins- please help me identify

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve googled multiple search terms for these but can’t find anything online at all, very frustrating. I’d love to find out more about them, what they say, where they came from, how old they are, even which way up is correct! I’m also not sure of the material, maybe gold? Maybe silver gilt? There are no marks on them. Any help will be gratefully received.

71F45E46-8B41-47DB-96D6-43C4BAB075ED.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no help at all, but I love them!
They might be names or even advertising.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no help at all, but I love them!
They might be names or even advertising.

I wondered if they were marking some sort of celebration?? My Ma-in-law used to wear them occasionally. One of them has a teeny stone, looks like a wonky diamond under the loupe.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take them to a Thai restaurant in your area for them to look at! I am sure they may know or know someone who can tell you. Then buy some food. A win win!

Great idea! I was hoping someone on here might be able to translate but I’m not sure anyone has ever mentioned being from Thailand.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I will see my mom in a couple of days and can ask her then:)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no worries @lulu_ma, there’s no rush and any help will be much appreciated! Hope your sister and parents are ok.

Hi @Snowdrop13 everyone is ok, luckily. They are all boosted. My sister somehow got caught it but she’s done with isolation.

So my mom translated for me. Nothing super exciting:

Mary Service House

(Name) Service House-I forgot this name but can ask her again

Nay’s 60th Birthday

Hayden Service House

Hope this helps:)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Snowdrop13 everyone is ok, luckily. They are all boosted. My sister somehow got caught it but she’s done with isolation.

So my mom translated for me. Nothing super exciting:

Mary Service House

(Name) Service House-I forgot this name but can ask her again

Nay’s 60th Birthday

Hayden Service House

Hope this helps:)

Thank you so much, please tell your mum I’m very grateful! It totally makes sense- I think these are family names so they must have been specially made. That is just wonderful to know.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Just to further add to the above tranlation:

1. Mary Brick House (brick house is spelled out in Thai phonetic, also in #2 and #4)
2. Dolly Brick House
3. Nai 60 years old 11 July 84
4. Carin (or could be Karen) Brick House

I’m assuming #1, 2 and 4 were given as souvenirs to guests?

Hope this helps.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Fabfashion Looks like some of the names got lost in my translation of the translation! :lol-2:

I thought my mom said Hayden for the 4th one. But my mom said the second word is ‘boligan’ which translates to Service? I’ll have to ask her about brick. I thought ‘it’ was brick?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still, Kind of a mystery of what they really are and are they common? Why were they made?When were they made? When are they worn? Are they gold?

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabfashion Looks like some of the names got lost in my translation of the translation! :lol-2:

I thought my mom said Hayden for the 4th one. But my mom said the second word is ‘boligan’ which translates to Service? I’ll have to ask her about brick. I thought ‘it’ was brick?

@lulu_ma, you’re mom is probably thinking of the word bo-ri-gan (บริการ) which means service but this is actually spelled brig (or brick) house in Thai phonetic (บริกเฮาส์). I googled up brick house in Thai and found a guest house for rent in a one of the cities. https://www.agoda.com/en-ca/brickho...-112&checkIn=2022-01-24&los=1&travellerType=1
I’m assuming these guest houses would give out these pins to guests.

@lambskin, these are most likely to be gold plated or brass. The 60 years old pin could be gold but couldn’t say that for sure. Again, it’s an assumption on my part. Pretty pieces though.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@lulu_ma, you’re mom is probably thinking of the word bo-ri-gan (บริการ) which means service but this is actually spelled brig (or brick) house in Thai phonetic (บริกเฮาส์). I googled up brick house in Thai and found a guest house for rent in a one of the cities. https://www.agoda.com/en-ca/brickho...-112&checkIn=2022-01-24&los=1&travellerType=1
I’m assuming these guest houses would give out these pins to guests.

@lambskin, these are most likely to be gold plated or brass. The 60 years old pin could be gold but couldn’t say that for sure. Again, it’s an assumption on my part. Pretty pieces though.

Oh that’s what I get for her showing the pic quickly :)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to further add to the above tranlation:

1. Mary Brick House (brick house is spelled out in Thai phonetic, also in #2 and #4)
2. Dolly Brick House
3. Nai 60 years old 11 July 84
4. Carin (or could be Karen) Brick House

I’m assuming #1, 2 and 4 were given as souvenirs to guests?

Hope this helps.

That’s really interesting, very close to the family names! I still have no idea what they are for, maybe, as you say, given as gifts on the birthday?? Guess we’ll never know for sure.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I just say, I love this forum! People are so helpful, giving of their time and knowledge so freely, it’s brilliant!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That’s really interesting, very close to the family names! I still have no idea what they are for, maybe, as you say, given as gifts on the birthday?? Guess we’ll never know for sure.

I think 1, 2, and 4 are souvenirs for different guesthouses?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results