carat
color
clarity

Vintage platinum 6 stone wedding band!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

I finally found the perfect wedding band for my vintage e-ring! :appl:

A few weeks ago I though I'd have to change out my e-ring setting, thinking I had developed an allergy to platinum...I broke out in a rash on my ring finger...was really bad...but then I realized I had a bad reaction to the super strong concentrated dish soap I used to clean my rings! No more problems as long as I avoid that nasty soap! So relieved I get to keep my e-ring setting! :praise:

I have been looking for just the right band to pair with it and found this one, the day after Christmas!

It's probably 40's-50's era, which is the same as my e-ring setting, so they compliment each other nicely...it has 4 round cuts and 2 rectangle baguettes, which are almost bezel set...it looks great with my e-ring, couldn't be happier!

I had to have both rings sized down and just got them back yesterday...I am a snug 5 now, after losing weight this last year! I may have to add a bead or two if they get spinny after I lose my last 9 pounds! :mrgreen:

And I have a 1mm spacer band ordered too...should have that in the next couple of weeks. =)

015.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

021.JPG

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
One more with the e-ring! :)

001.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great look AA!

cheers--Sharon

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings look great together. :) Congratulations on finding the perfect match!

I'm glad you discovered that the culprit for your rash was the dish soap and not the platinum!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful choice - the rings look fantastic together!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Its so hard to find bands to go with 3-stones with baguettes (unless you go with the 3 stone baguettes). I know...see
my avatar!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Sharon, Iris and MGR!!! :wavey:

I am SO thrilled to have my set completed...our 25th anniversary is in April and I didn't think I'd have my wedding band by then...glad I found this one when I did!

here are a couple more 'fire' shots I just got, for fun! :mrgreen:

050.JPG

055.JPG

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Those last two photos are really great!

Happy (slightly early) Anniversary! 25 years is something to celebrate, for sure! We'll have our 33rd anniversary this year ... seems impossible.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1325869278|3096523 said:
Very nice! Its so hard to find bands to go with 3-stones with baguettes (unless you go with the 3 stone baguettes). I know...see
my avatar!

Oh tell me about it! I had a really hard time finding something that worked! I actually got about 5 different cheapie cz bands in different styles, so I could wear them for a while and see what styles I liked and didn't like...that worked out pretty well without making a big investment and a boo-boo purchase. I really didn't want to go all baguettes on the w-band, but did want 'some' baguettes, which is why I fell in love with it, it's a bit different. And I bought this band online (on e-bay :-o ) so I really took a chance on it going with the e-ring, but knew it should work well from my previous 'test runs'. Whew!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
blueiris|1325869825|3096529 said:
Those last two photos are really great!

Happy (slightly early) Anniversary! 25 years is something to celebrate, for sure! We'll have our 33rd anniversary this year ... seems impossible.

Thank you! :razz: Happy anniversary to you too!!! Time flies doesn't it!?

I plan to celebrate ours all year! :mrgreen: We are actually planning an anniversary trip - but it won't be until October...we will still do something at our actually anniversary time though, so that's why I am looking at this as a year long celebration! Why not!?!? :wacko:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like they were made for each other!!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful......and I love your marquise. I am a marquise owner myself!!! :wavey:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Amy!

I think they go so well together because they are of the same era. I also love a pretty milgrain detailed channel set band and even more of an antique look, or even filigree - but those styles really did not look good with my e-ring...these do belong together!

Thanks Taylorbug! I got tired of the marquise for a few years - but then fell in love with this 3 ring setting and HAD to have it! Since my original e-ring was a marquise, I thought it fitting to have another one for our 25th! :D

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful wedding set! I agree with the other posters, they look like they were made for each other! :appl:

FairieMoon79

Shiny_Rock
looks wonderful together....so happy you found the perfect set/match for you!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh wow, it really is just perfect with your e-ring! great find!!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you sapphire, fairie and slg! :wavey:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding band compliments your beautiful e-ring perfectly!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's the perfect compliment to you amazing e-ring! Great find AA!!!

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous band! It matches well... and of COURSE I love your ering center :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous set! They really do look like they were made for each other!

If I remember correctly you had an OMC also that you found the perfect antique curved wedding band for.

omc111

Rough_Rock
I love your e-ring. The setting is so classic--it's my absolute favorite! And the band you found blends so well with the e-ring. Both rings keep their own identity while working together to make a stunning set.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey:

It's very pretty and it goes perfectly with your engagement ring - "Happy Anniversary"

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Looks great together!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
"good things come to those who wait" - what a perfect band to go with your perfect ring!!! Congratulations on finding that combination - they look perfectly suited for a life time together on your hand - how symbolic of your 25th anniversary! Wonderful!!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! Thanks for all of the replies ladies!!! :razz:

And yes, 'SparklyOEC' - I did have a vintage OMC e-ring - and found a curved band for that setting. I actually had to sell that set...I had lost so much weight and the antique setting was very delicate, I was afraid it would be destroyed by trying to have it sized down so much. The shank had been built up quite a bit in a repair, but the filigree was so delicate, didn't want it to break or have damage by making the band so much smaller. I also tried to find a different setting for that diamond, but my husband was so set against breaking the ring apart - I decided to sell that set - which is when I got my new e-ring. It all worked out in the end...but I do sometimes miss the older filigree style too. BUT, that is what RHR's are for! :D

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT!!! :appl: We'd you find it?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Ara Ann...did you say you ordered a 1 mm spacer? Can I asked where you got it and can you post pics of it and your
set when you get it? I need one and I'm hoping 1mm is enough but not sure if I needed to go bigger.

Thanks,
tyty

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1325968506|3097402 said:
Hey Ara Ann...did you say you ordered a 1 mm spacer? Can I asked where you got it and can you post pics of it and your
set when you get it? I need one and I'm hoping 1mm is enough but not sure if I needed to go bigger.

Thanks,
tyty

hey tyty....sorry to threadjack, but I have a 1mm spacer that I wear with my 5 stone band and marquise er and it is really almost too narrow. I am thinking of getting a 1.5mm or one that is is bit taller. Hope this helps :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results