shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Vintage OEC bracelet!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
it''s soooooooooooo pretttyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! That is truly gorgeous! I really mean it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great on you! Good think your flight was delayed. That is a treasure for sure.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2007 4:43:07 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
What dianty wrists you have. It looks great on you!
Thanks! My wrists are really thin... less than 6 inches all around... so most bracelets are too big and need to be sized.
I forgot to measure the length of this, but it seems smaller than the typical 7". I have been wearing it today on my right arm and I am right handed... but not a single worry about latch catching on anything. I might as well have it saudered on my arm because I love it so much never coming off. ( BTW LA69... they have almost a replica of this piece in MB 23rd... but I felt bad when looking at it because they real deal is so much better!)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my stars...I am in love with your new bracelet! It is beyond perfect...what a find!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bracelet!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, talk about green with envy! Your bracelet is to die for! I would never take it off either. And that ring that Dani posted would be a perfect companion!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
It''s perfect!!! I love the graduated diamonds and it looks like it was made for your wrist. Wonderful find
36.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I love your OEC bracelet! It looks MAGNIFICENT on you!!!!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Be still my heart!

That bracelet is spectacular. I love everything about it.

Wear it in good health!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful bracelet! What a find! Enjoy wearing that beauty!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 8:06:14 PM
Author: widget
Ooooh...Fred Leighton is definitely one of the first places I want to visit next time I go to NYC. I''ve been to their Las Vegas store, and their selection of vintage treasures is utterly astonishing. I suspect the NY store is even better...
18.gif

Green, what did they say about the chain attached to the bracelet? I''ve never seen that before. Is it part of the original ''20s design, or was it added later as a safety chain?

widget
I saw this other vintage bracelet and if you look closely you can see it has safety chain the entire length of bracelet just like mine.

http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=108&cat_id=5#

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
You''re KILLING me with those new photos Green, just killing me! I''m sweating just thinking about it.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2007 7:04:19 PM
Author: Green with Envy

Thanks! My wrists are really thin... less than 6 inches all around... so most bracelets are too big and need to be sized.
I forgot to measure the length of this, but it seems smaller than the typical 7''. I have been wearing it today on my right arm and I am right handed... but not a single worry about latch catching on anything. I might as well have it saudered on my arm because I love it so much never coming off. ( BTW LA69... they have almost a replica of this piece in MB 23rd... but I felt bad when looking at it because they real deal is so much better!)
Me too. I''m not quite as tiny as you though!
1.gif

The real deal always is better. Sigh. I know 23rd St does alot of stuff with "old cuts" of diamonds. I''m considering a rose cut eternity band for my birthday...maybe you can be my guinea pig & tell me what looks good there.
9.gif
I''m dying for more things with rose or old european cuts!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
that bracelet is STUNNING! i love the graduated diamonds and the little chain and the milgrain. the details are fantastic!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 4:27:07 AM

I forgot to measure the length of this, but it seems smaller than the typical 7''. I have been wearing it today on my right arm and I am right handed... but not a single worry about latch catching on anything. I might as well have it saudered on my arm because I love it so much never coming off. ( BTW LA69... they have almost a replica of this piece in MB 23rd... but I felt bad when looking at it because they real deal is so much better!)
1.gif

The real deal always is better. Sigh. I know 23rd St does alot of stuff with ''old cuts'' of diamonds. I''m considering a rose cut eternity band for my birthday...maybe you can be my guinea pig & tell me what looks good there.
9.gif

I know all places have a variety of stone quality for different price points... but in my opinion the old cut stones seem better at SS. I think the pictures on the web look blah... but in real life I would consider some of these... http://singlestone.com/site.php?page=collections&catID=9.

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
I believe that is the most beautiful bracelet I have ever seen! I love EVERYTHING about it. It looks gorgeous on your wrist! The delicate chain is such a pretty detail. Wow! Love it!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 12:10:19 PM

Date: 12/9/2007 4:27:07 AM

1.gif

The real deal always is better. Sigh. I know 23rd St does alot of stuff with ''old cuts'' of diamonds. I''m considering a rose cut eternity band for my birthday...maybe you can be my guinea pig & tell me what looks good there.
9.gif

I know all places have a variety of stone quality for different price points... but in my opinion the old cut stones seem better at SS. I think the pictures on the web look blah... but in real life I would consider some of these... http://singlestone.com/site.php?page=collections&catID=9.
Thanks Green! This one from SS is actually what I was aiming for:
http://singlestone.com/site.php?page=collections&catID=9&pID=67&startRow=2

Or maybe even bigger caratage.
9.gif
What''s your opinion on old european or mine cuts for an eternity band? I really haven''t seen any of these in real life. There''s just nothing like that around here.
40.gif
But I''ve been told that OEC''s and old mines are deep cuts so they would sit up sort of high & perhaps be uncomfortable in an eternity band. What do you think?

Sorry to be dragging the thread a bit off topic here. I would value your opinion though!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Ari showed me that rose cut in gold... he loves it but all rose cuts not blingy enough for MY taste. Nothing wrong with the ring... I am just not a fan of rose cut unless just as accents in earrings or such. Just my personal opinion. It does LOOK cool. He had these ones with french cuts and I liked that look as well. I will try it on again when I am in there Monday and let you know comfort. As you will see earlier in this thread... the 1.5 ct OEC eternity ROCKS and very wearable. Not sure if I saw one with OMC. I will double check.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous and looks fabulous on you!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning in general and on you as well! Thanks for sharing.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 5:09:22 PM
Ari showed me that rose cut in gold... he loves it but all rose cuts not blingy enough for MY taste. Nothing wrong with the ring... I am just not a fan of rose cut unless just as accents in earrings or such. Just my personal opinion. It does LOOK cool. He had these ones with french cuts and I liked that look as well. I will try it on again when I am in there Monday and let you know comfort. As you will see earlier in this thread... the 1.5 ct OEC eternity ROCKS and very wearable. Not sure if I saw one with OMC. I will double check.
OOOOhhh! Thank you!

Will you try on the biggest (carats) ones they have and tell me what it feels like? That way I can have an idea of what the upper limit might be.
1.gif

I''ve got a Norman Covan necklace with a rose cut diamond pendant (I think around 1.5 cts but looks like 3 - it''s huge!). I haven''t shown it off yet on PS
1.gif
but I
30.gif
it. I love the look of the rose cut & my hubby never fails to comment on how beautiful he thinks it is. My birthday is coming up in Feb. so I''m thinking ahead about where to direct Hubby. And since he loves the rose cuts....well you see where this is leading.
2.gif
But your OEC bracelet is so beautiful - it''s so frustrating not to be able to see them in person!
29.gif

If you are feeling really generous & have the time...
31.gif
I''d love to get your opinion on this one at SS as well:

http://www.singlestone.com/site.php?page=collections&catID=14&startRow=4

I''d love to know what you think of the color. I''m sort of sensitive to color but that one is an H & looks pretty good from what I can tell on the monitor.

And if you really really want to...I know you''re not a rose cut fan but I''d like your opinon on the color on this one as well:

http://www.singlestone.com/site.php?page=collections&catID=3&pID=19&startRow=3

It looks a bit more yellow online but who knows in real life.

Now seriously - you don''t have to do ANY of this for me at all. Really really! Totally only if it won''t be a pain & will be fun for you. Otherwise just blow it off & no big deal at all! Seriously do not feel like you have to humor me AT ALL.

I think I should change my screen name to "Green With Envy That I Can''t Just Pop Over To Singlestone And Play With All The Pretties But Trying To Live Vicariously Through Other PSers".
2.gif

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh. That huge ring is to die for! Of COURSE I will try on... twist my arm!!!

I am the MOST color sensitive person- seriously. Somtimes I think even F is not white enough to me for modern cuts. i own modern cut stones ranging F-H.

HOWEVER... I am shocked to admit that these vintage cuts can look awesome when lower color. When I was looking at loose stones in NYC- all vintage- I actually thought the G was TOO WHITE! My favorites when comparing all loose were I-M. And my sweet spot seemed to be a J color. To me N was too yellow and some M''s were on the border. I could not believe what my eyes were telling me! It is something about the really chunky fire... the warmth of the stone actually looks better because it is like a reflection of all the fire... not the stone itself. Once you get those puppies set--- I am SURE those on SS will look very very white. just wanted to emphasize I have a very critical color eye!

Sorry- but Ari does not want pics so you will just have to trust me!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2007 8:52:59 PM
Oh my gosh. That huge ring is to die for! Of COURSE I will try on... twist my arm!!!

I am the MOST color sensitive person- seriously. Somtimes I think even F is not white enough to me for modern cuts. i own modern cut stones ranging F-H.

HOWEVER... I am shocked to admit that these vintage cuts can look awesome when lower color. When I was looking at loose stones in NYC- all vintage- I actually thought the G was TOO WHITE! My favorites when comparing all loose were I-M. And my sweet spot seemed to be a J color. To me N was too yellow and some M''s were on the border. I could not believe what my eyes were telling me! It is something about the really chunky fire... the warmth of the stone actually looks better because it is like a reflection of all the fire... not the stone itself. Once you get those puppies set--- I am SURE those on SS will look very very white. just wanted to emphasize I have a very critical color eye!

Sorry- but Ari does not want pics so you will just have to trust me!
It looks like we think along the same lines.
9.gif
My modern diamonds are F-G but my rose cut pendant is probably an L. I''d probably like slightly whiter than L if it were a ring. Plus my rose cut stone is set in yellow gold which helps the warmth of the diamond to look right. I think the old cuts look nice with a warmer diamond - it almost looks like they are aged.

But I''m not sure what I would think of a warmer color on a large, open cut stone set in a ring like those two I linked to. I think color is more obvious on a step cut and a rose cut has such large cunky facets that I might think the same. Know what I mean?

I''ll be really interested to hear what you have to say about them! Too bad about the pictures. I always wonder why some jewelers don''t like that. It''s free advertising for them.

Thanks so much for scouting around for me!!!
17.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
That is the most beautiful bracelet I''ve ever seen
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It looks stunning on you, as well. Thanks for sharing with us....
1.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock

OH.MY.GOSH!

That is BY FAR - the most beautiful piece of vintage jewelry I have ever seen! It''s spectacular! You are one lucky lady and now I am green with envy!

Wear it in good health!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this bracelet! It is so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing it with us ... don''t know how much my bf appreciates it b/c it''s just giving me more ideas ...
27.gif
31.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results