shape
carat
color
clarity

VERY NERVOUS - ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I am very nervous... I am waiting for a eternity style setting and the jeweler has promised it would be here tomorrow - it was promised a week ago and is overdue.

We picked out the setting because of how good the diamonds looked in person- very sparkly (looked good in natural light, not just jewelry store lights). The setting they had in stock wasn''t my size and it had to be ordered special made. Is the quality definitely going to be consistent with what I saw in the store? I am sure this question sounds very paranoid but I have been really worried that possibly the new ring won''t look as good as what we saw in the store sample. I assume the manufacturer will be using very consistent quality for their melee diamonds in all their rings, correct? There is not a chance I could get a ring with melee that look a lot more dull or not as nice as the sample one they had in the store? Has anyone experienced this happening personally?

Any reassurance you could give would be appreciated. It is not a well known designer, and that is another reason I am worried.

thanks

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
My sister had to order her e-ring setting as she has a very small finger size. The store told her that the settings they order are made with the same color & clarity diamonds as their samples so what you are getting is going to look identical to what is in their display case. I think that is how most jewelers are (well, not the maul ones!)

Hope that helps!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I think my eternity rings and their diamonds look even BETTER than the stock ones they had in the store, so I am sure yours will be gorgeous!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TL1 ... you have a standard of excellence by which to compare it to. I don''t think a combination of losing stones will make it past your eyes. It is of course worth it to get a professional 2nd opinion too, to be sure. ;-)

Peace,

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I can''t think of any reason the diamonds in your special order would be any different from those they have in stock. I know how anxiety producing it can be to be on the verge of actually seeing and holding that which you''ve been eagerly awaiting for so long. I know how I felt the night before my rings were to arrive by FedEx. I''m sure they''ll be great. I can''t wait to see pics!!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/24/2005 9:53:12 PM
Author: Demelza
I can''t think of any reason the diamonds in your special order would be any different from those they have in stock.
While it is likely it will not happen, it can indeed happen. TL1 ... best bet, if you can, bring it back and compare it to what you had seen originally. If the stones do not look the same, then you''ll know. Probably will not be the case but if you want to put your mind at ease that''s what I''d suggest.

Peace,

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TL1,

If you picked out stones in the store and are having them set them into a ring, I think you can be fairly confident that those will be the stones used. Doing otherwise would constitute a serious misrepresentation. For customers who have extremely specific standards, it’s usually a good idea to be personally involved in the selection process of the stones since the store is no more anxious than you to have you reject their work at the final step. I’m with Rhino, even if you weren't involved in the selection process, I suspect that the dealer is fairly aware of your standards and would expect them to communicate this to the manufacturer.
Many of the best designers aren’t especially famous. I wouldn’t hold that against them.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
TL1,

I will share my experience and hope yours is much the same. My husband purchased two eternity style bands each with 11 diamonds in them and each 1 ct tw. One of the bands the store already had and sized it for me. The other they had to order. I chose this particular band because I of the sparkle and fire the cut of the round stones exhibited. I received both together, and I cannot tell which band was ordered and which one the store had and resized! I initially had the same fear that you had but was pleasantly surprised by the results.

I can''t wait to see pictures of your ring!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results