shape
carat
color
clarity

Very little difference between Platinum and WG quotes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am having a pave halo pendant made (similar to below) for my existing .50 diamond. I decided to go with platinum because there was only about $80 difference in the price quote from 14kwg, and this will include an 18" cable chain. Now, I trust the company I''m using, but I am curious about why there is so little price difference. I assumed it had to do with labor, but I still don''t quite get it... if platinum is more expensive per ounce than gold, why would the finished product be so similar in price? I just want to understand and be able to explain this to my sister, who is splitting the cost with me. Thanks for you help!

bezelpavehalopendant.jpg

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/26/2005 5:35:27 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
perhaps they have a platinum mount ready to go and it is old stock?

Why not ask?

Yeah, I would ask because Platinum is varies between $800 and $900 per ounce wereas gold is about $420 and $450 per ounce. From my experience at pricing rings, the same ring in platinum verses gold is about $1000.

If there is really only an $80 difference GRAB IT in platinum!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I did ask, but the person I was speaking with was not really sure...thought it had to do with labor. My order confirmation says "custom," so I don''t think that it is already on hand. The platinum price does seem very good, though, esp. since it includes the chain. I just expected the wg to be even better.
20.gif

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/26/2005 6:28:56 PM
Author: fatafelice
I just expected the wg to be even better.
20.gif
Without knowing the price it could be that the White gold version is over priced. Also, if you know, is the white gold palladium white gold? Palladium white gold is not used as much as your standard nickel white gold, however, palladium is in the platinum family of metals so there is a price premium of Palladium white over standard white gold so that could be why the price is closer to the platinum price, but I wouldn''t think only $80.

I don''t really know just food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results