shape
carat
color
clarity

Very indecisive newbie looking for advice/opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock

So, I have my heart set on a cushion. I had considered going with something else to help with the budget but I would most likely always wonder about a cushion.

On to the setting...here''s where I have a decision to make. I have pretty much decided on the shared prong round setting from Signed Pieces (matching ering and band). But in looking for a way to shave a little off the cost, I''ve thought about going with just one shared prong setting and using plain platinum for the other. I just don''t know which one should be which.

Most pictures I''ve seen are the plain solitaire setting with the eternity band. Unfortunately while I like this look, I''m not too crazy about the plain solitaire. On a side note, my second choice ering setting is cushion center with pear sidestones. I''d like to maximize the size of my *future* stone. Would being in a solitaire type setting make the stone look more substantial or would a setting with sidestones?

Anyway....so my choices are:
1) shared prong round ering setting, plain platinum band (which would be upgraded in the future to a matching band). However, I haven''t seen any pictures of this combination so I''m not sure I''d like it.

2) plain solitare ering setting with eternity band (ering setting would be updated in the future). My thinking on this is that I''ll only wear the ering alone for less than a year before we''re married so I should like the "look" more than just the 2 rings separately.

Am I making any sense??? I waiver back and forth on this every day. I hope to try on these combinations soon so I can just decide. So what would YOU choose if you were me???

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for number 2. I love the look of a solitaire with an eternity band w-ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2006 11:45:47 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
I vote for number 2. I love the look of a solitaire with an eternity band w-ring.
Same here. I''ll probably end up with that as well.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
I do like the look which is making this so hard. I just can''t seem to get past the idea of wearing the plain solitaire for a year (not that there aren''t some gorgeous solitaires...but I love the ones with the huge diamonds which just isn''t gonna happen
25.gif
). I''m trying to convince myself to think about the 2 rings instead of just one.

It''s just so hard because if it was up to me, I''d do a matching set but I have a limited budget and want to put as much toward my stone as possible.

Any ideas on which setting would make the stone look me substantial?

Thanks everyone!! And I''m sure my boyfriend thanks you for giving him a break for a while
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results