shape
carat
color
clarity

VERY frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
ladies, have any of you ever experienced a long delay on your ring?? like, almost twice as long?

ff called the jeweler last week, and they said the ring would be ready by the 22nd. it was supposed to be ready by the 15th. THEN they said that the ring will be shipped to them from tacori ON the 22nd which means the jeweler probably won''t get it until the 24/25th. THEN they decided that they will mount the center stone, which would take a couple of days (so now we are talking the 26/27th). THEN ff has to either go get it (drive 2.5hrs) or get it via mail (lordy knows how long that will take). and i''m betting he will go the mail route since he has a busy job and doesn''t like to drive those distances on their own.

so in total, i''ve waited almost two months for this ring, when i was told i''d wait 4 weeks. i was really hoping for a proposal before my birthday but that is definitely not going to happen.

i really can''t imagine what the hold up is. i''m guessing they either forgot about our order or the diamonds we sent to tacori to get fitted into the ring was causing serious problems (in which case we should have been contacted).

ahhh i am SO frustrated. i feel like i''ve been so patient, and i haven''t bugged ff about it at all! what should i do to channel this frustration????

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never gone through anything like this before but I can feel your frustration. Gosh, I would be fuming mad. I would complain about it!

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry, b.anna. It''s very disappointing to have something so exciting to be delayed. But when the ring finally arrives, you''ll forget all about the waiting and anguish. Sorry I have no real advice for you, other than keep posting on PS.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The first time my e-ring payed a visit to the Jewler he said I''d have it back the next week, about 5 days at the most.

Long story but the deadline was constantly moved and I got it back about 4 weeks later.

It sucks but it happens. I was anxious the whole time.....What''s worse is once I got it back I decided I didn''t like the changes and sent it back to be changed back to how it was! Fortunatly they were more onto it that time and got it back in a week.

It is hard but hopefully will be worth the wait, try to distract yourself from thinking about it too much.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
aww boo sorry b. !
8.gif
But your ring is gorgeous and I''m sure it''ll be worth the wait. And BTW, PS is made for venting...well i''m sure it wasn''t the creator''s original intention, but you get what I mean. I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you. I''m thinking you and I will get engaged around the same time...but that''s just my feeling.
25.gif

Chin up dollface!

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm that really sucks
7.gif
. Was your stone supposed to be set by Tacori? If that's what you agreed upon, why is your jeweler now setting the stone, instead of Tacori?

ETA: High priced items such as jewelry are usually sent next day, as in you get it the next day at by 10:30 AM.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I promise you...it will be worth the wait!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 8:07:48 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I promise you...it will be worth the wait!
Yup. I can''t wait to see it...but I''ll be patient.
2.gif

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
thaanks girls :) i get so giddy looking at all the other beautiful rings on this forum, and all the posts about "it finally happened" etc etc. i''m like when is it my turn?! it felt so close, and now it''s... not.
39.gif

brooklyn - thanks for the ETA, i''m a little more relieved now. and my understanding was that tacori was supposed to set everything. the jeweler sent them the side diamonds, i wonder why they wouldn''t send the center one either... should i call and ask? i don''t want ff to feel like he''s not in control of things...

monkeypants - i think it would be so fantastic if we got engaged at the same time!!! nobody else around me is on the same timeline with their bfs, so i can''t really talk to them about my frustration lol.

i think i''d DIE if i didn''t have this forum. it''s been holding me over for weeks now. THANK YOU GUYS for letting me vent - only LIWs can understand
2.gif

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Ugh! The waiting game . . . .and the setting that you posted is *gorgeous* sigh.

Perhaps the extra waiting time is so it is *perfectly* lovely :)
6.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 8:48:44 PM
Author: b.anna
should i call and ask? i don''t want ff to feel like he''s not in control of things...

I would definitely call and ask. They will explain to you why things are being done in their specific way. You''ll calm down a little once you know what exactly is going on -- it gives you/ff just a bit of control. It would bug me if they changed the process without cause, and an explanation as to why the change was made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results