shape
carat
color
clarity

Venting...got snubbed today @bailey, banks & biddle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Whatever! I went there to look at Tacori settings and the guy was just so rude!!! That sickens me--I hate when I''m treated poorly by salespeople. I have half a mind to call and complain to his manager. It''s like I was BOTHERING him by asking to see a ring. ARgghhhh---I want him to pay my babysitter for wasting my time. Thanks for listening...just needed to vent...

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear this.
face5.gif

I think there is another similar thread where this happened to someone else recently. I have been fortunate in that I have always been taken care of wherever I have shopped. Of course I don''t have a Bailey, Banks, and Biddle near me so I have never been in their stores. This might be a good thing for me if they treat their customers poorly.
face1.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
That SUCKS.

You should definitely call the manager and complain. Do you remember the salesperson''s name?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Lol, I was just complaining about poor service at a local high class jewelry store in my mall. I went in on Valentine''s day to buy a Raymond Weil watch for my fiance (which aren''t cheap) and I was completely ignored by all the sales staff!! I mean, I didn''t come in the store with ripped jeans and a dirty shirt, I was wearing jeans and a nice, neat petty coat. But because I looked young, they must have figured that I was just browsing wouldn''t be worth their time and effort to help. Too bad for them, because I went to another store, bought the watch, and will forever avoid the other store! Their loss I guess
29.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Amy, I would TOTALLY call the manager!!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Stretch 4.....oh my gosh, how rude! Just like the scene in pretty woman, when she runs into the "snotty" store!!!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 7
6.gif
0:40 PM
Author: glamgirl
Stretch 4.....oh my gosh, how rude! Just like the scene in pretty woman, when she runs into the ''snotty'' store!!!!!
LOL, I wish I could round up everyone''s jewelry from this site and walk back in
2.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Once when I was in college my dad asked me to buy him four pairs of Rockport shoes since they didn''t sell them anywhere near where my parents lived. When I left the store, I walked into the mall jewelry store next door carrying my four pairs of shoes. The saleslady basically lept over the counter and knocked over the couple she had been helping, who seemed to be seriously considering buying an engagement ring, to ask me if I needed help. I guess they make snap judgments based on whether or not you fit the profile for a big spender.

What is the harm in being friendly? Even if somebody is not ready to buy today, s/he will remember friendliness when ready to buy in the future. My husband and I live about a mile away from the trendy shopping district in the city. Sometimes we''ll walk there, but then what do you know, we''ll have to use the bathroom and not want to walk back. We''ve discovered that a high-end furniture store has bathrooms off a backroom where there aren''t any salespeople, so we always go there (shameful, I know). But every time we go in, the staff is very warm and friendly, even when we''ve been wearing sneakers and teeshirts and are pretty obviously not going to buy anything. If I''m ever in the position to spend thousands of dollars on one piece of furniture, I''ll know where to go.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

An epidemic perhaps--didn''t this recently happen to Patty?

cheers--Sharon

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 10:32:23 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

An epidemic perhaps--didn''t this recently happen to Patty?

cheers--Sharon
It happened to someone but not me. I do not go into mall jewelry stores. They''re scary!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

If it really bothers you, you should talk to the store''s manager. Be polite and make your point. Responsibve customer service should not be optional.
Perhaps their are other B&M stores near you that carry the settings you want. Sometimes, smaller chains or single stores have better customer service and more informed salespeople.

Don''t feel bad, I''ve walked into Tiffany''s with a real Hermes Kelly bag (one of my most prized possessions .
30.gif
) and a mink jacket from Neiman Marcus and Manolos. They were still snobby and rude. It''s not what you wear, its how a particular salesperson feels at the time. The savviest salespeople I know are friendly, informative to EVERYONE and get people excited over their merchandise. You can''t tell just by looking, how much $$$ a person has and wants to spend.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone--I will call to complain now that I am not feeling so angry and can explain myself rationally. I don''t go to maul stores, either, but this was the closest store to me that carried Tacori settings, which I wanted to view in person. It IS a shame--this mall is our "rich" mall and perhaps I wasn''t "rich" looking. Oh, well. If this is the worst thing to happen to me, then I''ve got it pretty good.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amytude,

Glad you are going to complain to the manager. I never understand why salespeople do that. It is a SERVICE oriented job, for pete''s sake!!! I know that when they work on commission they tend to jump onto whomever they think will buy something, but how can you POSSIBLY predict that by how the person looks? Can''t judge a book by the cover, hasn''t anyone ever told them that? And if you were dripping in jewels, would that REALLY mean you were going to buy more? Ugh. There''s just never an excuse for that. It makes me even more angry when there''s nobody in the store and they STILL act like they''re doing you a favor by talking to you. I just don''t get it. But I''m really glad you''re doing something about it!!! I certainly would!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amy tude,
So glad you decided to call the manager, make sure you tell all the details of your encounter with that rude salesperson, boy will he learn a lesson. I worked in a fine jewelry store in Philadelphia. I remember this woman came in wearing jeans etc.. I was busy helping a customer and remembered how the other sales associates just kind of looked at her then looked away. I got someones attention to go help this woman out and it turned out that she had won a big lottery and bought two diamond rings!! One for herself and one for her sisiter!! If I wasn't busy with a customer you know I would've helped that woman out. I hate snobby salespeople!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2005 10:59:59 AM
Author: amytude
Thanks everyone--I will call to complain now that I am not feeling so angry and can explain myself rationally. I don''t go to maul stores, either, but this was the closest store to me that carried Tacori settings, which I wanted to view in person. It IS a shame--this mall is our ''rich'' mall and perhaps I wasn''t ''rich'' looking. Oh, well. If this is the worst thing to happen to me, then I''ve got it pretty good.

Amytude

I might suggest that you go higher up in the corporate structure.

Conider that depending on the relationship between the manager and the employee, that they are friendly and close working with each other everyday.

Most of the chain stores have district managers, that have more power to correct the situation. Even better is to possibly complain to their corporate headquarters, to several people, namely the CEO,COO or CFO.

You''ll probably get a lot more attention from them, and perhaps they will do something positive to correct the hurt feelings you have.

I agree that a big company should be told a Fedaykin writes. But the resolution and correcting the situation will be a lot more intense, the higher up you go.

Good luck with this....

Rockdoc

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
When I last went to BBB it was with all intensions to purchase a Roberto Coin necklace and the sales lady was rather unfriendly to me too and just stood there and stared at me with an annoyed look on her face while I looked at the diamonds in the pendant *up close*
9.gif
lol, and then tried the necklace on. The visit before this one, another woman who showed me some Tacori pendants, was super friendly and helpful and spent about 15-20 minutes with me showing me the settings available.

I guess it just depends on the staff person and their state of mind. . .some people are truely unhappy so they simply cannot be decent to customers day after day when they're miserable. Just be happy you're not stuck in a job you hate
2.gif

Ponybear

Rough_Rock
Upper managment is just as bad as the store. My wife & I went to the BBB store in our local upscale mall. This was at 11am on a Monday-the week b/4 Valentine''s day. We had shopped at this store b/4. The issue we had with store is not the reason for the post, so I will not "drag this story on too long". Needless to say, I called their main office to complain and was told i would get a call back the next day. Of couse ..no call". Sent an email to the main office, still no call or response to the email. What the heck it''s only been 2 weeks. I just don''t think they really care. But that just my opinion.

Ponybear

Rough_Rock
Your can contact thousands of major companies for complaints or compliments via Planet Feedback:

http://www.planetfeedback.com/homepage/0,2585,,00.html

You write your comments or issues, they put it into a letter form & they foward it on..no charge.

The usual disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Planet Feedback etc.

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 6:34:37 PM
Author:amytude
Whatever! I went there to look at Tacori settings and the guy was just so rude!!! That sickens me--I hate when I'm treated poorly by salespeople. I have half a mind to call and complain to his manager. It's like I was BOTHERING him by asking to see a ring. ARgghhhh---I want him to pay my babysitter for wasting my time. Thanks for listening...just needed to vent...

It's happened to me before as well. I'd walk into a store in jeans and a sweatshirt (hey, its the weekend, and i want to be comfortable), and 10 minutes later i wasn't being helped, so i left. I walked down the street to another store and bought something there.

One store was rude to my wife, so she refuses to go in there. They've lost a couple thousand dollars a year in business because they couldn't be courteous.

The best part is you have a choice where to shop and can take your business elsewhere. Vote with your wallet.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again everyone. Still have not had time to contact them, but I will do so this week. I''m getting my setting elsewhere, but you never know what might have happened had they been wonderful. BIG TIME loss on their part--thanks for the advice & commiseration!

Amy

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Once, when my then fiance and I were shopping for his wedding gift, a nice watch, we went looking at an upscale watch store in downtown Chicago. We were 23 at the time and apparently didn''t look worth the effort to any of the salespeople. Someone finally was nice enough to help us, and we ended up spending $4,000 on an IWC. Just goes to show you can''t judge people by their age.

murray93

Rough_Rock
Aw, that stinks. We went to a similar store - JB Hudson - with very little intention of buying anything and received superb service there. The salesperson we talked to knew we were a longshot but was absolutely excellent. Since I was looking for a 1.5 carat, I guess she thought it was worth the investment. Don''t know if they carry Tacori, but I''d recommend it as a place to shop.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results