shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent about LAD response and some lessons

sparklyfruit

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Thanks so much for sharing your stories and your support.

I'm so sorry to those who have had damaged rings. Perhaps we need to form a "Hulk out on our rings" club :rodent:

To those who asked about more details on the width and metal. I think the width was around 2mm. I don't know if this is bad of me, but I've never actually sat down and measured it lol :oops:
It was a pretty similar width to my wedding band which is 2mm. The metal was/is 18k.
It will be remade a bit thicker so hopefully this should sort things out! Worst comes to worst...this could just be a way to experiment with different settings. Need to look on the bright side right?

Thanks for your reply Erica. Hopefully this will also be useful to other vendors in future with the responses that they send to clients.
Perhaps I had already done something to my ring which when added to this event, cause what happened, to happen. However, I don't know what it could have been, but the possibility is certainly there.
The fact is though, I described what I did know, and apart from helping me come to terms with what had just happened (because I was freaking out), it was provided as a background to see if there was a solution.
I could well be too emotional, but I took offence to the responses the way I did, because they focussed more on the apparent impossibility of the act, rather than providing constructive feedback and suggestions. Even now, your second post is still focussing on it, when doing so, doesn't help at all. I decided to post this after your quote response because all I could see was your suggestion that my ring had gone through a garbage disposal unit. I basically had had enough. Even now, I'm reading your response as if you're suggesting that I'm mad because of the quote? I think we will just need to end this here, otherwise it will just go round in an endless circle.

Thanks you all again. I really appreciate it.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkly,

I'm so glad you have a plan to get your ring fixed.. I just remember that sinking feeling in my stomach when I ran into the door... Chris was so nice and it helped the pit in my stomach feel better. I hope everything works out perfectly for you... {{((hugs))}}

Mayk

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Sending some dust your way in hopes that you get your ring quickly repaired and back so you can enjoy wearing it! :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could cut the head off the ring (it still looks beautiful to me) and get someone to put a plain shank on it instead that way if you are hard on your rings and don't realise it you will not have the pave that weakens the metal if you do catch it on something or bump it hard again. I used to be really hard on my jewellery and didn't realise it at the time, now I baby everything.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results