shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendors who stretch the marketing spiel

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Is it just me or are there some really high end vendors who really stretch their creative ligaments when it comes to the descriptions of their products.

I’ve seen some scarily average (if not horrendous) goods described as sublime, unique and covetable by some very high end vendors.

A few interesting examples:

DCB7B6FC-F5DC-41F6-B726-2BF8B72A188B.png
Yes it looks big. Because you could drive a truck through that window and frankly, it is a f-ugly grey stone which as well be a pebble.

similarly, I pointed out what looked to be a massive crack right across a ruby and was slapped down for it. Not even mentioned in the description. Because apparently if it’s “old” then it appears no disclosure is massive structural issues are required.
099EEBE9-8F75-4482-951F-A04CF0F19F24.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:eek-2::-o

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently it’s a “surface reaching feather” definitely not a crack. But note it’s being sold in a collet. Wouldn’t like to have the liability of being the bench who tried to re set it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Apparently it’s a “surface reaching feather” definitely not a crack. But note it’s being sold in a collet. Wouldn’t like to have the liability of being the bench who tried to re set it.

That's a fault line. I found the post. Even other vendors were saying it can't be removed safely. Rare, yes. In good condition, no. I don't think you could ever remove it!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They may not have mentioned it in the description, but at least there’s a clear picture of it front and center.

more than what some vendors will do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve seen some scarily average (if not horrendous) goods described as sublime, unique and covetable by some very high end vendors.

Yes I have seen many examples of this as well. I see gems with windows large enough to drive through described as stunning and rare etc. I have seen (IMO) really unattractive diamonds described as gorgeous and unique and all that jazz. Um yeah, no thanks.

Some vendors take huge liberties with their descriptions. I feel bad for anyone believing their flowery and inaccurate (to be kind) descriptions.

IMO we must always read anything that is written with a critical eye and evaluate for ourselves and not be swayed by their descriptions. Always evaluate for yourself and don't believe everything that is written.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 5.49.21 AM.png

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Some vendors just keep on giving.

This is apparently a padparadscha sapphire exhibiting both orange and pink hues for a look that is soft and feminine.

Made me think of the salt and pepper diamond thread - definitely an acquired taste....

FD8A3302-AE85-4A2A-AB66-56A64738000A.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results