shape
carat
color
clarity

Vendor Suggestion for Chain Connector Link - or go custom?

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Team - I'm looking for a little connector doohickey to put between my Marla Aaron locks. It will serve three purposes:
1) Allow the locks to lay flat
2) Add a bit of extra length to the necklace
3) Look great!

What I have in mind is basically a thick, rounded rectangular chain link with a bezel set gem on each side (I'm thinking one side emerald, one side diamond). I don't want or need it to open up.

I've mocked up what I'm looking for, and took a pic of a twist tie that I manipulated into the size I'm looking for.

Has anyone seen anything like this online? I messaged Jessica Kagan Kushman to see if she'd make one for me, but curious to see if it already exists. If not I'll just go custom.

Twist tie:
fullsizeoutput_e7e4.jpeg
Mockup:
IMG_8169.jpeg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kayla17 - this is a great start! I need the long edges to be flatter and wider so that it sits flat on my neck. Let me know if you see anything. I have a feeling I will have to get this made.
[/QUOTE

I’m wondering if you can just contact one of the Etsy sellers and ask them to modify one of their designs.
Or try David Klass!

Last edited:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They also have a bunch of bails on the Stuller website that might work.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
The also have a bunch of bails on the Stuller website that might work.

Your rabbit hole has led me to "necklace shorteners"
This is super close to what I want!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone please explain to me what this does? aAlleviate the look of your necklaces? I’m lost.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Can someone please explain to me what this does? aAlleviate the look of your necklaces? I’m lost.

LOL - if I remove the twist tie that's acting as a placeholder the lightning bold doesn't sit flat on my neck and looks weird. That's the main reason!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it’s a front clasp?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
So it’s a front clasp?

Do you mean the locks? Or the connector? I suppose both are. The locks are meant to be seen though, as worn in the photos.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Team - I'm looking for a little connector doohickey to put between my Marla Aaron locks. It will serve three purposes:
1) Allow the locks to lay flat
2) Add a bit of extra length to the necklace
3) Look great!

What I have in mind is basically a thick, rounded rectangular chain link with a bezel set gem on each side (I'm thinking one side emerald, one side diamond). I don't want or need it to open up.

I've mocked up what I'm looking for, and took a pic of a twist tie that I manipulated into the size I'm looking for.

Has anyone seen anything like this online? I messaged Jessica Kagan Kushman to see if she'd make one for me, but curious to see if it already exists. If not I'll just go custom.

Twist tie:
fullsizeoutput_e7e4.jpeg
Mockup:
IMG_8169.jpeg

i must say i really your necklase!
its going to look awsome 100% when you track down the right clasp

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super unrelated but can I ask where the pearl necklace in the first photo is from and how big the pearls are? You’re layering looks so good! I’m still trying to get the hang.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Super unrelated but can I ask where the pearl necklace in the first photo is from and how big the pearls are? You’re layering looks so good! I’m still trying to get the hang.

They’re tiny seed pearls. My mom used to make jewelry so I just stole it from her pile! I don’t have callipers or a ruler atm but I want to say around 3mm.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your layering! How is the quality of Marla Aaron? I am thinking of buying an oxidized chain to layer. Delphine ley Marie .com has an oxidized chain I'm going to use as a bracelet. Have you tried out her chains and clickers?

I hope you've been able to find something to replace the twist tie!

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
LOVE your layering! How is the quality of Marla Aaron? I am thinking of buying an oxidized chain to layer. Delphine ley Marie .com has an oxidized chain I'm going to use as a bracelet. Have you tried out her chains and clickers?

@Stone Hunter apologies for the delay! I just checked out Delphine's site - very cool stuff.

Marla's quality is amazing. It is SO expensive but the craftsmanship of her pieces is incredible. I'm really picky about gold alloys and her yellow gold is pure, buttery yumminess.

When I bought my oxidized chain I contemplated buying elsewhere but I couldn't find anything that made my heart sing like Marla's did.

The problem with her collection is that it's addictive. It's a maximalist approach which is dangerous territory for some of us.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Also, I did not replace my twist tie, but I realized I don't really love stacking all the locks anyway. I am still lazily on the hunt for something. I almost bought this but it's a bit too wide:

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Marla's stuff is very good quality. Expensive, but good.

I have a few things.

1. Square link yellow gold chain
2. Fine link silver chain
3. Silver curb/rolo chain
4. Platinum diamond baby lock
5. Plain yellow gold baby lock
6. Rose gold meander baby lock
7. Yellow gold sapphire baby lock

I'm about to send some pearls to be strung to wear with the locks as well. I really have always liked the boomerang lock as well!

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock

I have a few things.

I'm about to send some pearls to be strung to wear with the locks as well. I really have always liked the boomerang lock as well!

@elizat if you ever want to part with any of your babies, hit me up!

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Also @elizat (sorry for all the spam), here are two of my Marla locks with the chain you found for me :D

1616098427440.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Also @elizat (sorry for all the spam), here are two of my Marla locks with the chain you found for me :D

1616098427440.jpeg

That looks really nice! I usually don't do thicker chains but you are making me think of it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have a few things.

Sorry
im now talking across two threads to you
Is the lock the decorative element as an alternative to say a fancy clasp ?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Sorry
im now talking across two threads to you
Is the lock the decorative element as an alternative to say a fancy clasp ?

Kind of, yes! I think you got the overall view of it on the links I posted. for me, a strand of pearls on its own is just a little bit too conservative. I think with the locks, it will look less conservative. I am not wanting it to look super classic. I plan on interspersing the larger pearls with the smaller pearls with no comprehensive pattern to make it less formal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results