shape
carat
color
clarity

Vending Pot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Well, that IS convenient.

Legal Marijuana Vending Machine
32.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the feds will be all over him.

movie zombie

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
When I read the title of this thread, I thought that surely I was mistaking what it was about.

I wasn''t.
37.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As conservative as I am, I honestly don''t have a problem with that. It is a drug that is known to have benefits for certain medical conditions just like thousands of other drugs. It is only accessible by prescription. I''d be happy if my pharmacy had an ATM! Illegal use of drugs is the problem.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Heard a news clip about this. They aren''t just scattered randomly around grocery stores and the like, they are inside the legal California medical marijuana dispensaries that already exist. They are heavily guarded and require an ID, passcode, and biometric thumbprint reading from a registered patient.

thluckiest

Rough_Rock
How funny! I like how it starts out talking about how people who use for medicinal purposes will never have to worry about running out of supply in the middle of the night...

As if there aren''t marijuana dealers closer to home?

I mean, how would the advertising be on the front of the machine? Like a Pepsi vending machine, complete with a big pot leaf on the front and a list of varieties (i.e., ''dro, cigaweed, etc) available?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
My cousin has his marijuana card, they're really easy to obtain in CA. He had a snowboarding accident, and poof, now he's legal! It can be helpful to the people who need it, but my 20 year old "I'll smoke it anyway" cousin is not one of them.

I doubt he ever purchased it legally anyway. The guy on the corner is probably cheaper than the legal routs.

If I have to wait until the pharmacy is open to get my script, then the marajuana guy should too!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
This is just one more load of crap that some group of complete nitwits dreamed up.

Heavily guarded, uh huh. That''ll keep it out of the wrong hands.

While I can certainly understand someone so sick with chemo/cancer that they would try almost anything for help, the fact that it obliterates ones brain cells should be enough for it to be illegal. For everyone. Period.

Let''s just look at our dead celebrities for confirmation that drugs (any and all drugs) are stupid. And if that doesn''t convince you, try VH1 Celebrity Rehab. Geezus.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
under the obliteration of brain cell theory alcohol should be declared illegal immediately. we all know how prohibition went...... so goes marijuana. however, not to worry: it has already been established in the courts that state rights do not exist on this issue and the feds will swoop down.

movie zombie

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if there are food vending machines next to the marijuana ones...that way users could kill two birds with one "stone." Hee hee.
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 11:00:38 PM
Author: monarch64
I wonder if there are food vending machines next to the marijuana ones...that way users could kill two birds with one ''stone.'' Hee hee.
9.gif

Seriously cracking up here!!!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2008 11:38:10 PM
Author: somethingshiny

I wonder if there are food vending machines next to the marijuana ones...that way users could kill two birds with one ''stone.'' Hee hee.
9.gif

9.gif
LOL, and to think...when I first saw the title of this thread I had fondue in mind... (Melting Pot, etc.) I''m glad you found my post humorous, SS, I thought when I posted it that it was a pretty lame joke, ha!
2.gif
7.gif
10.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2008 7:21:25 PM
Author: movie zombie
under the obliteration of brain cell theory alcohol should be declared illegal immediately. we all know how prohibition went...... so goes marijuana. however, not to worry: it has already been established in the courts that state rights do not exist on this issue and the feds will swoop down.

movie zombie
Thank you. I see alcohol every bit as dangerous and probably much more. In addition, we need to immediately eliminate morphine as a legal prescription drug because it is highly addictive. Nevermind that it really helped me when I had the most pain I have ever had in my life when I had a kidney stone. (And I didn't become an addict, btw.)

(Let me add that I am totally fine with eliminating the vending machine. In fact, I wish marijuana didn't exist. I just think it is funny for people to be so against medically prescribed marijuana when there are so many other narcotics already legally prescribed!)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
lol.gif

Why do I hear Cheech and Chong in my head??

"Wowwww maaaaann, check it out. It''s a one stop shop fer pot heads, farrr out!".....
9.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 9:41:39 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

movie zombie
Thank you. I see alcohol every bit as dangerous and probably much more. In addition, we need to immediately eliminate morphine as a legal prescription drug because it is highly addictive. Nevermind that it really helped me when I had the most pain I have ever had in my life when I had a kidney stone. (And I didn''t become an addict, btw.)

(Let me add that I am totally fine with eliminating the vending machine. In fact, I wish marijuana didn''t exist. I just think it is funny for people to be so against medically prescribed marijuana when there are so many other narcotics already legally prescribed!)
i so agree with you!

personally, i think it should be legalized and controlled just like alcohol. takes it out of the hands of the cartels, standardize quality, and TAX it. legal age would be 18: old enough to volunteer for Uncle Sam, old enough to drink and smoke, imo.

movie zombie

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''m no hippie stoner, agitating that marijuana be made legal immediately and passed out like candy on the street corners. I barely drink and don''t smoke ANYTHING. However, I try to avoid having knee jerk reactions to articles like this that are clearly aimed to cause them. I can distinguish between recreational and medical marijuana use. Marijuana has documented beneficial effects to certain patients (like any legal, tested drug). It also has documented negative effects (like any legal, tested drug). Class it as a legal pharmaceutical, hand it over to the pharma companies, take it out of the hands of the heavily armed Mexican cartels currently farming it in big plantations in our national forests.

While still federally prohibited, nine states already have legalized medical marijuana, under highly controlled circumstances. There are already staffed dispensaries open around California, that get regularly raided by the Feds. It''s a weird situation, that doesn''t make much sense. Now, someone taking advantage of our much-vaunted free market system has come up with a machine that sits in these dispensaries and vends out small amounts of pot. So? You can also buy alcohol 24/7 in pretty much every small town and big city in America. Yes, it''s illegal for anyone under 21 to buy it. When did that stop any determined high school or college student with a fake ID? Alcohol is pretty effective if abused at killing brain cells and causing anti-social behavior. And as Movie Zombie pointed out, look how effective prohibition was at eradicating it from society.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 12:40:36 PM
Author: Selkie
While still federally prohibited, nine states already have legalized medical marijuana, under highly controlled circumstances. There are already staffed dispensaries open around California, that get regularly raided by the Feds. It''s a weird situation, that doesn''t make much sense. Now, someone taking advantage of our much-vaunted free market system has come up with a machine that sits in these dispensaries and vends out small amounts of pot. So? You can also buy alcohol 24/7 in pretty much every small town and big city in America. Yes, it''s illegal for anyone under 21 to buy it. When did that stop any determined high school or college student with a fake ID? Alcohol is pretty effective if abused at killing brain cells and causing anti-social behavior. And as Movie Zombie pointed out, look how effective prohibition was at eradicating it from society.
Selkie, WORD! to your post. I just dont get it when I see people getting all hot and bothered over pot. Sure, people will abuse the medical marijuana laws...just as they''ve abused the legal alcohol laws for decades. How many deaths each year are caused by high stoners? Not many I''d guess because they''re home laying on the couch laughing at Beevis & Butthead cartoons while munching out on Dominos Pizza. Now, how many deaths occur each year as a result of drunk drivers? Exactly. And many are of legal age to drink. So yeah, a little pot? BFD. We''ve got a lot bigger fish to fry in this country than get all hot and bothered over pot. I think we ought to be a little more concerned about the epidemic of bad parenting in this country, rather than a little marijuana, medical or otherwise.

ETA: I once was an au pair for a family where the mom was going through chemo and pot DID save her from being even more miserable than she already was. It was the only thing that enabled her to cope and spend time with her family right after chemo, and not shut herself up in her room for days afterward feeling sick. And that was so important for her because if you''re dealing with cancer anyway, you want to spend every minute you have with your loved ones, right? So I know its benefits on those who really need it.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 10:07:43 AM
Author: Ellen

9.gif
lol.gif

''Wowwww maaaaann, check it out. It''s a one stop shop fer pot heads, farrr out!''.....
9.gif
OMG, LMAO!!!!!!!!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 5:39:18 AM

Date: 2/1/2008 11:38:10 PM
Author: somethingshiny

9.gif

9.gif
LOL, and to think...when I first saw the title of this thread I had fondue in mind... (Melting Pot, etc.) I''m glad you found my post humorous, SS, I thought when I posted it that it was a pretty lame joke, ha!
2.gif
7.gif
10.gif
Lol, I thought of Melting Pot too but not like fondue, lol! I thought it was something refering to the USA being a "melting pot" culture!
26.gif
I don''t know where my head is sometimes!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 3:10:11 PM
Author: 777_LDY

Date: 2/2/2008 10:07:43 AM
Author: Ellen

lol.gif

''Wowwww maaaaann, check it out. It''s a one stop shop fer pot heads, farrr out!''.....
9.gif
OMG, LMAO!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2008 10:42:51 AM

Date: 2/2/2008 9:41:39 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006

movie zombie
Thank you. I see alcohol every bit as dangerous and probably much more. In addition, we need to immediately eliminate morphine as a legal prescription drug because it is highly addictive. Nevermind that it really helped me when I had the most pain I have ever had in my life when I had a kidney stone. (And I didn''t become an addict, btw.)

(Let me add that I am totally fine with eliminating the vending machine. In fact, I wish marijuana didn''t exist. I just think it is funny for people to be so against medically prescribed marijuana when there are so many other narcotics already legally prescribed!)
i so agree with you!

personally, i think it should be legalized and controlled just like alcohol. takes it out of the hands of the cartels, standardize quality, and TAX it. legal age would be 18: old enough to volunteer for Uncle Sam, old enough to drink and smoke, imo.

movie zombie
Having seen the horror of alcoholism and also deaths due to drunk drivers, I think alcohol is worse than marijuana. I am very conservative on most things and don''t use any substances myself, but my experience watching others has led me to agree with you, Movie Zombie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results