color
clarity

veils!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies...a few questions...

1) Where did you get your veil?

2) What style did you get?

3) (if you don't mind sharing) how much did it cost? (and pic, if you have one?)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! :)

I bought my veil from a local Bridal Boutique, it is made my laurajayne and the style I got was called "Pirouette" - it cost $185 before tax.

missjaxonveil.png

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I never wanted a veil, and wasn't going to have one up until about 2 weeks before my wedding when I decided I should have one to cover the back fat/skin that I felt rolled over the top of my dress... ha, sooo I went cheap and got one on Etsy for 25 or 30 bucks. I couldn't see spending hundreds of dollars on a gloried piece of netting really! I wanted simple as they come (I felt like my dress was busy enough!) with a raw edge, no piping no lace/ribbon trim, etc. (which was actually harder to find than I imagined!). I also wanted it to be attached under my hair, instead of on top of my head, so yeah. Elbow length, raw edge, and $25 or $30 bucks. Here's a pic that shows it.

jkang_100911_0020.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine from the shop where I purchased my dress. It was a last minute purchase at my second-to-last fitting. I think it was $75 since I bought the sample BUT I got the sample home and realized it wasn't ivory like they had said. I took it back at my final fitting and they rush ordered the same one in ivory without charging me any more.

Mine was just a simple one tier veil. I had wanted one that just came to the top of my dress but the gals in the shop convinced me to get one the stopped where my dress flared out. I wish I would have stuck to my guns. I didn't even want a veil to begin with but bought one b/c my mother kept pushing it. Oh, and it was a windy day so I had to jam the veil in the back of my dress to keep it from blowing around. We have some lovely pictures of my dad getting whipped in the face with it as he started to walk me down the aisle. Grrrr.

Decent picture of my veil during our "first look" pictures:

And here's when I really, really regretted buying the stupid thing:

151.jpg

190.jpg

I had one ordered that was $150. I just returned it because I decided I wasn't a veil kind of bride.

It was very pretty with crystals around the edge.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
1. Ebay

2. simple, raw edge chapel length? (i think!)

3. I think it was about $40 including shipping.

Alani_web_501.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my veil, I ordered it in White & fingertip length.

I ordered it from an Australian website called Brides Unlimited and paid $139.

Attachments

• VEIL.bmp
    513.9 KB · Views: 362

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Mine is a lace mantilla veil in off white, fingetip lenth. I got it for $250 at the store I bought my dress from.
it is similar to this, though not the exact one:
veil.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
1) i made it
2) cathedral length mantilla
3) tulle-$8 (for enough tulle to make about 5 cathedral length veils), lace-$10 (10 yards, found vintage lace for $1/yd), misc-$5 (clear thread, comb, etc.)=$23

60866_157717520913029_142096542475127_410728_7098020_n.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
1) I made mine
2) 2 tier cut edge with pearls and crystals
3) About $10 for all the supplies

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results