shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche X-prong channel vs. Tiffany bead set vs. ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

youjane1

Rough_Rock
Okay so I''ve had my eye on the Vatche x-prong channel setting for an e-ring for awhile, but now the "Tiffany bead set solitaire" setting that Whiteflash has is catching my eye. I kind of like the sleek, smooth lines of the Vatche but the Tiffany style seems more "classic" to me. Opinions? Are there any other similar settings I should be considering as well? I will probably end up going with a round center stone in the 1.05-1.10 carat range.

Tiffany:
gi_R27ch_f.jpg

Vatche:
gi_DV-534_f.jpg

youjane1

Rough_Rock
Also how much do I need to worry about matching wedding bands? That''s something I haven''t put too much thought into! Argh.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't like channel set diamonds much, so the x-prong is not my favorite. i do love the tiffany bead set solitaire though..love it.
3.gif

i'm sure wf could make a matching band for the tiff. if you went that route.

youjane1

Rough_Rock
Yeah the more I look at the Tiffany setting the more I like it. The 6 prongs would probably make us both feel a little better about it too!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Tiffany setting better. You will want to think about the wedding band ahead of time. We hear stories on here all the time about trying to find wedding bands that will work or not damage the e-ring for one reason or another. I wish more people would think about that before they choose the e-ring and it''s good you are. I agree with Belle, WF can probably make you something but you''ll have to decide if you wnat it to fit flush or if having a tiny gap will bother you. Both rings you posted look like they will have a tiny gap when paired with another ring..

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the WF Tiffany Bead set ring
30.gif
. Love, love, love!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 12:14:51 PM
Author: belle
i don''t like channel set diamonds much, so the x-prong is not my favorite. i do love the tiffany bead set solitaire though..love it.
3.gif

i''m sure wf could make a matching band for the tiff. if you went that route.

I agree I am not a fan of RB channel set stones. Now square or retangle stones (like princess or asschers) now that is a different story!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Between the two you posted I would chose the tiffany/bead set band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results