shape
carat
color
clarity

Vatche Crown Royal vs. Royal X prong - advice please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I''m considering resetting a .75 F color round brilliant - it''s very sparkly.
10.gif
I don''t have the specifics but the cut is beautiful. I have a jeweler who has ordered the Royal X prong for me to see. I originally liked the Crown Royal, but the jeweler''s opinion was that the six prongs would overwhelm the stone because it''s only .75. I''m looking at platinum. It''s now set in yellow gold with 4 prongs. Anybody have advice for me?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is a matter of personal taste. Personally I love the Royal crown better than the x prong. Both are very good looking rings, but my taste runs to the Royal.

What does your taste run to?

Wink

njc

Brilliant_Rock
The first setting i fell in love with was the Royal Crown. [sigh] I have a Tacori six prong solitaire with a .75ct round and LOVE it and do not feel its too prong-y.

I think some 6-prong settings can overwhelm the diamond if the prongs are too think. Some of the things i love about six prongs are extra security for my stone AND i like that it lets my RB look like an RB... sometimes 4-prong settings make RBs look square.

That said, its your choice and feelings that matter, not the jeweler's opinion. YOU are the one that is going to wear the ring and YOU are the one that should have the setting you love!

Here is one pic, if you would like to see, more check this thread.

njc_rings.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep..get what you like. consider the options and the look you like and go from there. and please come back with pictures!

stermag

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the Royal Crown. I just received mine and it is fabulous. The basket is simple enough and yet provides just enough interest to be unique. I always knew I wanted a six prong setting but wanted something more unique than the standard "tiffany style" settings.

You should follow your instinct on this one. Both are beautiful.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everybody - NJC your rings are lovely!

My eye is drawn to the Crown Royal - it seems there is more metal presence on the X prong. I''ll take a look at the Royal X prong. I saw somewhere here that this setting combines the CR and the X.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t be afraid of the 6 prong......my .83 has 6 prongs and I love it. I wonder sometimes what it would look like four prong but I just love knowing thats very secure:

123293687.jpg

123293682.jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful devientdrow! I think the 6 prongs accentuate the diamond nicely. Thank you for the picture.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
JDgirl - thank you so much for finding that! I love it - my decision is made!!!
36.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliment and in looking at that thread i''m sure the RC setting would be LOVELY!! I''m glad your decision is made and post pics when it''s done!!!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Glad to help...I can''t wait to see pics when it''s done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results