shape
carat
color
clarity

Vanity sizing on rings???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone else noticed some vanity sizing going on with rings?

I wear a solid size 6. I have several Tiffany rings in a 6, as well as several rings from other jewelers. They all fit well, if a little tight on some of the wide ones. I ordered my e-ring in a size 5.75 because the sample 6 was big...now I have to size it down to at least a 5.5, maybe a 5.25. What''s up with that???
26.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had problems, but I don''t think it is vanity. I was talking to a jeweler and he said that lots of times the sizers are wrong so I really have no clue what size I wear. My Ering is loose but I wear it that way, maybe someday I will size it.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've found that my ring size varies depending on the company that made the ring, and I get the ring sized based on whatever type of setting it is. All my Tiffany solitaire rings are what they call a "full size 6", which is probably about a 6 1/4 in the real world. My Tiffany eternity band is about a 7 (maybe 7 1/2) in the real world. I decided to get a size 6 1/2 setting for my Royal Asscher because the shank has pave' along the sides and I don't want to risk loosening the pave' by pulling at the shank if I'm having a chubby finger day.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My partner at one of my labs, DGLA, used to be the head of production for all QVC jewelry when it was all made in the good old USA. He was sort of the King of Diamonique. In their shops all around the world they had "calibrated" ring sticks and ring gauges becuase there is no quality standard in the general production of these tools. They purchased every sizing tool in one location, verified it was to their standard, engraved each tool and shipped them to each manufacturer and used them in their own shop.

Now he runs an independent repair shop for the trade and you would not believe how many rings need to be sized two times because of faulty measuring tools. Its an epidemic of no standards being employed.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 3:02:21 PM
Author: oldminer
My partner at one of my labs, DGLA, used to be the head of production for all QVC jewelry when it was all made in the good old USA. He was sort of the King of Diamonique. In their shops all around the world they had 'calibrated' ring sticks and ring gauges becuase there is no quality standard in the general production of these tools. They purchased every sizing tool in one location, verified it was to their standard, engraved each tool and shipped them to each manufacturer and used them in their own shop.

Now he runs an independent repair shop for the trade and you would not believe how many rings need to be sized two times because of faulty measuring tools. Its an epidemic of no standards being employed.
I believe it!!!! That is why my ring doesn't fit.
2.gif
Someday I will get it sized.

At some stores I am a 5, others 5 1/4 and another 5.5.
6.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh i was always a 5, until i got my e-ring. suddenly i was a 4.25.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results