shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold Van Craeynest 18k yg sapphire engagement ring, size 5.25

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
It's taken me a while to decide to part with this beautiful Van Craeynest engagement ring and matching band. I don't wear the set at all and need to raise some cash, so my loss could be your gain! This is a spectacular Van Craeynest style 484 18k yellow gold engagement ring set with a white metal head (I assume platinum, but have not tested it). The ring is set with a blue sapphire measuring approximately 4.75mm in diameter. The 2 mm shank is scrolled, and is set with 6 diamonds, approximately 0.09tcw. I am selling the matching yellow gold 6 diamond 484 band with scrolled shank. The diamonds are approximately 0.15tcw and are beautiful, as you can see from the photo. Size is 5.25 on my mandrel. For PSers interested in the set, I can reduce the total price for the set to $2500 plus shipping and insurance.

Here are some photos:
VC sapphire wedding set - 5.JPG
VC sapphire wedding set - 8.JPG
VC sapphire wedding set - 7.JPG
Here is the LT link to the engagement ring:

Thank you so much for looking! This is a dynamite set, and you could easily replace the sapphire with a diamond or some other stone, if the sapphire does not tickle your fancy.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I love this set, @springerspaniel. I sold my VC 484 band in yellow gold a few months ago and regret selling it. I've been planning to list a few pieces here and on LT but am just ... so ... busy ... I need to get my rear in gear so I can refill my "fun" fund!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I love this set, @springerspaniel. I sold my VC 484 band in yellow gold a few months ago and regret selling it. I've been planning to list a few pieces here and on LT but am just ... so ... busy ... I need to get my rear in gear so I can refill my "fun" fund!

I know the feeling @Redwoods-hiker-girl! I finally carved out some time to take reasonable photos and find the relevant paperwork, but I have plenty more to list! How is your sweet fur baby, by the way?

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking to re-home this set to a PSer if possible, so am reducing the price on the set of 2 rings to $2250 for you all for the next week. The 484 18k yg mounting alone is $3350 on VC's site, and the band is $2350, so this is 40% less, plus you get a very wearable sapphire in the solitaire mounting. Please let me know if you are interested and thank you!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, @springerspaniel! We're still living moment to moment with Bonnie. Some days her meds work magic, and I live for those days. Today is not one of those days; she's more agitated than usual, but thankfully I'm working from home today and can try to comfort her and keep an eye on her. Thank you for asking! :)

I hope your VC set finds a loving home with a lucky PS'er. It's just perfect. I'd grab it in a heartbeat. Windfall, where are you?

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this elegant Van Craeynest style 484 18k yellow gold set with sapphire center stone and matching 484 diamond band. If these do not sell by mid-January, I'll be sending them off for consignment.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Reducing this Van Craeynest set to $2100 for PSers for the next week--please let me know if you are interested.

Probee

Rough_Rock
What a great set, too bad it’s too small for me.

Good luck!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Probee!
(Van Craeynest can easily size them for you...just sayin') :evil2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I didn’t already own a VC that doesn’t get worn enough I’d be all over this!

Also for what it’s worth, for mine I had my jeweler cut the prongs to fit a bezel to allow for a larger stone than the original and it worked like a charm in case anyone wanted a slightly larger stone in the setting.

Hope someone snaps this ups cause it’s gorgeous!!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
If I didn’t already own a VC that doesn’t get worn enough I’d be all over this!

Also for what it’s worth, for mine I had my jeweler cut the prongs to fit a bezel to allow for a larger stone than the original and it worked like a charm in case anyone wanted a slightly larger stone in the setting.

Hope someone snaps this ups cause it’s gorgeous!!

Thanks so much for the info @MakingTheGrade!
By the way, I love your gorgeous Tsav ring!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Reducing this lovely lady to $1300!! She really needs a new home where she will be worn.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this 18k yellow gold Van Craeynest 484 engagement ring set with sapphire solitaire and 6 diamond band. Selling the set for $2000.

MissMollyS

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am interested in the sapphire solitaire, but can’t see a way to message you(?). I’m wondering if sizing the ring up to a 7.5 would work (visually) for the ring (i.e. remain proportionate to the setting)? Thanks

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I am interested in the sapphire solitaire, but can’t see a way to message you(?). I’m wondering if sizing the ring up to a 7.5 would work (visually) for the ring (i.e. remain proportionate to the setting)? Thanks

Hi @MissMollyS! Thanks for your interest. You can contact me by going to Loupe Troop and using my email address written there:

As far as sizing and proportion goes, you may want to create a simulation for yourself to see how a 4.75 mm center stone with side diamonds looks on your finger (e.g. cut out a 4.75 mm circle from paper and create two side pieces to put next to them). There are lots of creative people on PS, so if anyone else has suggestions, please go ahead!!

MissMollyS

Rough_Rock
Hi @MissMollyS! Thanks for your interest. You can contact me by going to Loupe Troop and using my email address written there:

As far as sizing and proportion goes, you may want to create a simulation for yourself to see how a 4.75 mm center stone with side diamonds looks on your finger (e.g. cut out a 4.75 mm circle from paper and create two side pieces to put next to them). There are lots of creative people on PS, so if anyone else has suggestions, please go ahead!!

Thank you, I will have to think a bit more about this….My mockup looks smaller than I’d pictured (w/my large fat fingers! Lol). I am a huge fan of VC; I purchased my set directly from Larry, shortly before he retired (engagement ring is in my profile pic). I will email you if I decide I want to purchase it. Thanks again for the thoughtful reply!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, I will have to think a bit more about this….My mockup looks smaller than I’d pictured (w/my large fat fingers! Lol). I am a huge fan of VC; I purchased my set directly from Larry, shortly before he retired (engagement ring is in my profile pic). I will email you if I decide I want to purchase it. Thanks again for the thoughtful reply!

You are so welcome, @MissMollyS. As someone mentioned previously in this thread, you may be able to ask VC to create room for a larger center stone. Is your ring the 457? It's lovely!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
I am bumping this, for all of you that might be on the fence about this solitaire or the band. I would love for these to stay in the PS family so they could be appropriately appreciated!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
VC sapphire wedding set - 6.JPG
Van Careynest sapphire ring and diamond band are still available and waiting for the right person to come along!!

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Hi…I’m interested in the set. Will it hold a 7.69 x 7.3mm cushion stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results