shape
carat
color
clarity

Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra Collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet, you know VCA just open a new store in Takashimaya.. Opposite of Tiffany..
30.gif
I dun have any pieces from VCA but I tot I might post this for you.. I think you have the same necklace as Mariah.. There is a matching pair of earrings n longer necklace.. Her butterfly rings are also from VCA too..
27.gif

mc vca.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2007 12:43:04 AM
Author: threepwood
Harriet, you know VCA just open a new store in Takashimaya.. Opposite of Tiffany..
30.gif
I dun have any pieces from VCA but I tot I might post this for you.. I think you have the same necklace as Mariah.. There is a matching pair of earrings n longer necklace.. Her butterfly rings are also from VCA too..
27.gif
Thanks! I wonder how the prices compare.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have have seen them in onxy too, and turquoise and coral too. They are sort of the of the moment item, Reese Witherspoon and Paris Hilton wear the long one with multiple flowers. I do not like the earrings worn with the necklace together, it is too much. One at a time is enough. I have also seen them copied many times too, nice copies. Mostly yellow gold, but some white gold as well.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The whole shebang would be too much. The one I bought is from a re-issuance of their vintage collection.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 11:20:18 PM
Author: Miranda
She''s doing well, thanks for asking. She is really a tough little thing. She only cried for a few minutes after she hit her head. They were shocked at her calmness at the hospital.
That''s good to hear. I remember having to get stitches as a kid too!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am looking at getting the long strands, with the smaller flowers, in mother of pearl, onxy and maybe turqouise. You can double them or wear them long, and mix and match, but I would wear a hoop with them. I would not add in the earring and bracelet, even though the Van Cleef ad shows it. It looks too busy like that to me, even though I like the layered look with the necklaces themselves, I think it can be overkill when you have matchy matchy on all the parts of you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
At some point, I''ll add the simple bracelet, but that''s about it.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I have been pining for the Alhambra longchain for the last few months! Is''t it just delicious?! You have great taste! [wink2:]

Then again I am partial to VCA and lately, vintage Bulgari

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great minds think alike.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez, what material would you get it in?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Considering the Mother of Pearl right now...

And of course my friend has me wanting a Cartier LOVE bracelet... hate her. One just sold for $1900!
7.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am looking at the m.o.p., as well as onyx and turq. I do not tend to wear a lot of yellow gold so I am not sure if I will use them, but I really love the look of them. the love bracelet annoys me, having something on me that is hard to remove would bother me for some reason. I had one as a kid and do not know what happened to it.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I like the versatility of the MOP and the onyx is actually the only other I really want. It''s so much more dress up or dress down I feel. I am falling in love with Onyx all over again, mostly in Art Deco pieces! The diamond, Jade and Onyx look...*swoon* Not sure how it started but I was never a jade fan, but now...I can''t get enough when paired with diamonds and black jade or onyx...

The Love bracelet is not something I want to buy but a gift, so I am patiently waiting for that one... ;-)

DF, how on earth did you lose the love bracelet?! LOL I wasn''t much of a child to lose jewlery, but my father loved buying 22-24K gold from his trips to the Middle East and Far East. I was going through a Epyptian-love phase, so most of my childhood pieces were ripped, and mangled! I was a little animal climbing trees in my pretty girl dresses and 24K jewlery. My poor mother''s nerves!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 10:36:03 AM
Author: Nicrez
Considering the Mother of Pearl right now...

And of course my friend has me wanting a Cartier LOVE bracelet... hate her. One just sold for $1900!
7.gif
Nicrez, Nicrez ...
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 11:09:44 AM
Author: diamondfan
I am looking at the m.o.p., as well as onyx and turq. I do not tend to wear a lot of yellow gold so I am not sure if I will use them, but I really love the look of them. the love bracelet annoys me, having something on me that is hard to remove would bother me for some reason. I had one as a kid and do not know what happened to it.
Sorry Nicrez, I''m with Caroline on the Love Bracelet.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I like the finality of it actually. Something about LOVE that is impenetrable and only when there are a few screws loose should it come apart...LOL (kidding) but it is a nice concept for ME, because I take off ANYTHING from my wrist. I have had for the past two+ years a string bracelet which has lasted and lasted and I have never cut it off. It may never come off, and for some reason it''s a nice reminder of why it''s there in the first place. So the LOVE bracelet to me, is my way of stopping my compulsion to take things off, and remind myself of what it means... Call me a senitmental fool!
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm, now that you''ve put it that way ...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez, I have a bit of claustrophobia and the feeling of something on my wrist like that would bother me, because it would not be easy to snap off at night, and I have to take of all of my jewelry at night. I was about 10 or so, maybe as old as 12, I had the yellow gold, and I took it off one time and that is the last I recall. Though we had many housekeepers who stole, and I am missing a lot of pieces from my childhood, sentimental things, not necessarily all of value, but gifts for different occasions such as my 8th grade graduation...and I am sad because I would have loved to have those pieces to remind me of those occasions. But the love bracelet, just no clue, took it off and that was it...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, Caroline. I lost a Alice-in-Wonderland charm bracelet that was a gift from my parents, and it still smarts.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It just really irks me especially if people we trusted in our home were taking them. Of course I was young but I was not totally irresponsible and I loved my bling so I know I took good care of my stash. Really frustrating, I have so little left from my dad and those things meant a lot to me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry. That''s really sad.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup...and it drives me nuts now when I cannot find things, because I had a housekeeper steal from me and I caught her red handed with one of my Chanel bags! Stealing is the lowest thing that is not physically dangerous...so sleazy to me, even if I could make a case for WHY she did it, it still, at the end of the day, did not belong to her. This is one of my peeves.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Join the club...sadly I had one cleaning lady who stole ONE earring I had. They were a beautiful pair of diamond earrings with a very transparent ruby in the center. it was made by my great uncle and had been gifted to me by my grandmother. Then when i figured that I would just make the other one a ring, that one dissappeared too! I have no idea why I brought her back to my house, but trying to confront her, but she had quit the service and left no forwarding info. It seems i was not alone. She absconded with several items (looking through my stuff later on) and from other houses she cleaned! Same happened when i was a little girl and my mother caught a cleaning lady stealing as well. To make matters worse, she would hit on my father, so my mother taught us to clean shortly thereafter...LOL

Truly, I will never understand why people allow their character to be destroyed for something material. Lying, cheating, etc, it all adds up to WHO you are and how you were raised. Consider that cleaning women are usually immigrants, and many people leave their home country to make money. US the land of opportunity, and going into a lovely home seeing what you don''t have...perhaps too much for weaker people. As I was often told, character is what you do when no one is looking...
38.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 1:23:49 AM
Author: diamondfan
Yup...and it drives me nuts now when I cannot find things, because I had a housekeeper steal from me and I caught her red handed with one of my Chanel bags! Stealing is the lowest thing that is not physically dangerous...so sleazy to me, even if I could make a case for WHY she did it, it still, at the end of the day, did not belong to her. This is one of my peeves.
What happened to her DF? Wow, that is horrible! My aunt had a beautiful wedding ring and her cleaning lady stole it. I always make sure I am very close while they clean. Hate to do that but you have to.
15.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 4:02:45 PM
Author: Nicrez
Join the club...sadly I had one cleaning lady who stole ONE earring I had. They were a beautiful pair of diamond earrings with a very transparent ruby in the center. it was made by my great uncle and had been gifted to me by my grandmother. Then when i figured that I would just make the other one a ring, that one dissappeared too! I have no idea why I brought her back to my house, but trying to confront her, but she had quit the service and left no forwarding info. It seems i was not alone. She absconded with several items (looking through my stuff later on) and from other houses she cleaned! Same happened when i was a little girl and my mother caught a cleaning lady stealing as well. To make matters worse, she would hit on my father, so my mother taught us to clean shortly thereafter...LOL

Truly, I will never understand why people allow their character to be destroyed for something material. Lying, cheating, etc, it all adds up to WHO you are and how you were raised. Consider that cleaning women are usually immigrants, and many people leave their home country to make money. US the land of opportunity, and going into a lovely home seeing what you don''t have...perhaps too much for weaker people. As I was often told, character is what you do when no one is looking...
38.gif
I''m sorry, Nicrez. Incidentally, my pearl studs are still missing.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hey harriet! i just found an old question you asked me over in the celebrity bling thread. i had not been there in a while. i have now answered it. sorry for the high jack.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown 1,
No worries on both counts.
1.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
miss harriet, what''s the story on the new avatar? i wondered if it is a vacation destination or new digs.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, that is awful!
38.gif
truly, what a shame that trust and honor are such a rarity!

That''s why I got a small safe and had it installed in a inconspicuous spot. It''s for the little details of expense you don''t want to keep in the safety deposit box. Shame that you would have to do that. It''s one thing to have insurance, it''s another thing to have a piece made by your great uncle and never have that bit of family history again...
39.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 8:47:14 AM
Author: crown1
miss harriet, what''s the story on the new avatar? i wondered if it is a vacation destination or new digs.
New digs? I wish! It''s a picture of my Sydney alma mater, where I spent many a happy day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results