shape
carat
color
clarity

Vacation Plans???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, aside from going to my FI''s nephew''s wedding at the end of the month, we have no plans. My FI is taking some time off in August but I''m not sure what we''ll do. We may go to the White Mountains. We really need to save money for our wedding next summer, so we need to stick to our budget.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
No vacations plans for a pregnant diver..its just no fun to me right now, I feel like I can''t eat what I want, sleep comfortably, or drink wine, so what''s the point? LOL.

DH and I are planning a fun trip for March or May 2008.

We are flying into Boston (we live on West Coast) and renting a convertible and driving to NYC to spend 2 nights ,and then down the coastline!!!

I''ve never visited the east coast except for DC (which i loved) and I really want to see nyc....

Should be fun!

Baby will be 6 months then & my parents will have her & my son for the duration! HURRAH!!! FREEEDOM!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
So far this year, I''ve been to two countries in Europe and two in Asia. I tack holidays onto work trips whenever possible! There was talk of going to Turkey in August since FF has a work trip there, but I''m thinking of renovating my bathroom and can''t afford both. So I''ll probably go visit some friends in Canada instead.

But in December, I''m going trekking with my sister in CHILE! Can''t wait.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, we have tons of travelling plan for the next 6-8 months. Hope we can make them all. Here goes:

1) July: 10th wedding anniversary to the Maldives
2) July/ August: Vietnam's Dalat, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Hue: hoping to sneak these in as part of my project in Vietnam and August is when hubby will be doing his triathlon
3) August/ September: Chicago and Wisconsin, hubby's nephew's wedding
4) October: Boston (as part of hubby's conference)
5) October: London (my yearly visit to see my parents) - if not sooner
6) November: Australia, either the Great Barrier Reef or the Hunter Valley or Margaret River (my birthday, we always go away for my b'day)
7) December: prob Chicago to spend Xmas with hubby's parents
8) February: Tasmania either in early Feb for hubby's triathlon or Valentine's Day.

We'll also prob go to East Malaysia and/ or Cambodia for a long weekend at some point.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow everyone's plans are so exciting!! we are just going to palm springs for our annual resort visit this summer, maybe sonoma for a weekend towards late summer, and considering going to a friend's wedding in acapulco/mexico which also falls 2 days from my birthday in october...so we are seeing if we can fit that in...my parents want to go to hawaii in december so we'd love to do BOTH mexico and hawaii but it might depend on work! darn that work.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well, our plans seem to shift daily--Palm Springs for sure late summer and who knows what else. BC wine tours very tempting......

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

My husband and I just got back from vacation.

We went to Tofino on Vancouver Island (B.C.) and stayed at a resort. It was INSANELY gorgeous and we had so much fun kayaking and walking through ancient forests. We even got an opportunity to climb inside an old 1500 cedar tree that is STILL alive!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
We are having visitors this summer, so our vacation will be spent with them. My In-laws are coming and we are going to Bath and spending three nights in Toquay (Devon). My MIL has always wanted to go to Rome, so my husband is going to take them there for three nights. We will just sight see around the area. We have a niece and nephew visiting for two weeks. They are really nice kids and just wanted to come hang out in an English town for awhile... We will probably take them to York and up north. Then I have a good friend visiting in September. It is a little more complicated this year. My daughter starts reception (kindergarten) and so we have to plan vacation around school time. Last year we went to Deauville, France for the American Film Festival (blast) - but can''t this year because of the school schedule.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 3:24:00 PM
Author: MC

My husband and I just got back from vacation.

We went to Tofino on Vancouver Island (B.C.) and stayed at a resort. It was INSANELY gorgeous and we had so much fun kayaking and walking through ancient forests. We even got an opportunity to climb inside an old 1500 cedar tree that is STILL alive!

Do you have pics MC?

Everyone sounds like they have some great plans!!!

I probably will take a little trip to the Grand Canyon before the year is over.
Also, I am excited I earned a free flight on SWA that always makes me happy.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
We''re going to Hong Kong and Vietnam in July/August. We''ve both been to Honkers before (not together) but we''ve never been to Vietnam. I can''t wait - we haven''t been overseas since 2000 when we visited the U.S.

It will be hot and humid but that doesn''t bother us. The hotel rooms will have air-con so at least we will be able to sleep comfortably.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 5:44:56 PM
Author: Skippy123

Do you have pics MC?
Yes, I have loads of photos that I can''t wait to post!
1.gif
I''ll start a new thread w/in a day or two after I get a chance to pick out some of the best pictures.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2007 9:31:20 PM
Author: MC
Date: 6/17/2007 5:44:56 PM

Do you have pics MC?
Yes, I have loads of photos that I can''t wait to post!
1.gif
I''ll start a new thread w/in a day or two after I get a chance to pick out some of the best pictures.

Looking forward to it. Yah
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I are taking my 10 year old to Akumal Mexico this summer. Last year my husband and I went and stayed in Tulum Mexico in the stick huts with the swinging beds. There was no electricity or AC in the stick huts so we decided not to take my son to that "rustic" of an experience. We''re staying in a small local hotel with a bathroom in the room and AC but we''ll be showing him the stick huts for the future. We got his snorkel gear for Christmas and put him in competitive swimming classes to get up his endurance so we will be spending a lot of time in the water.

Akumal is about 1 south of Cancun. Tulum is about 2 hours south of Cancun.

My husband and I are trying to figure out something to do for our anniversary which is July 3. Our son will be at camp the whole week. We don''t have enough funds to fly somewhere so it will need to be local. We live 45 minutes from Lake Michigan. 1.5 hours from Chicago. But both those locations are usually packed around the 4th of July.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mediterranean cruise, Singapore, Indonesian beach resort, Switzerland/Australia.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:05:48 PM
Author: Harriet
Mediterranean cruise, Singapore, Indonesian beach resort, Switzerland/Australia.
emdgust.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What's wrong, Ellen?
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:12:39 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/18/2007 7:05:48 PM
emdgust.gif

i know, it sounds like a BLAST
3.gif
9.gif
It is nice your company give you all that time off!
10.gif
We would go to more places but hubby doesn't get as much vacation as me.
15.gif

Hey Harriet, I put a little note for you in my vacation thread that Kaleigh made for me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Switzerland or Australia? I''ll go look at the note now.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:16:55 PM
Switzerland or Australia? I''ll go look at the note now.
All of it. My great grand father is from Switzerland so I am dying to see the tiny town he is from.
12.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then I''ll have no more bling ever.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I will follow up Harriet''s wonderful vacation plan with the sad one of my own, lol. The only vacation we are probably taking, other than going home at Christmas, is a trip to the Outerbanks for our first anniversary. One day we''ll make it to Europe. But not this year... and probably not the next, haha.

*M*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, I didn't realize you were asking me. You always crack me up. You are the queen of the shortest posts.
31.gif

You have been to Australia already right? Why not Switzerland and then you could visit the in laws too. After losing my MIL it makes me realize life is very precious so spend time w/them if you can. Tien and others say it is beautiful so you should go.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poptart,
You''re so young that there''s no hurry.
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:27:08 PM
Author: poptart
Well, I will follow up Harriet''s wonderful vacation plan with the sad one of my own, lol. The only vacation we are probably taking, other than going home at Christmas, is a trip to the Outerbanks for our first anniversary. One day we''ll make it to Europe. But not this year... and probably not the next, haha.

*M*

Don''t be sad. I had one of the most wonderful vacation experiences in practically my OWN BACKYARD. . . the Grand Canyon. I want to go again. The Outerbanks sound cool! Plus the dollar is so weak right now so it is crazy expensive IMO.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:27:37 PM
Oh gosh, I didn''t realize you were asking me. You always crack me up. You are the queen of the shortest posts.
31.gif

You have been to Australia already right? Why not Switzerland and then you could visit the in laws too. After losing my MIL it makes me realize life is very precious so spend time w/them if you can. Tien and others say it is beautiful so you should go.
9.gif
Lol. When I was in grad school, my profs always accepted my papers even though they were below the word minimum.

I absolutely love love love Australia.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The only problem is that it''s winter in Sydney now. The cold won''t bother me, but the short days will be a bummer. Switzerland will be restful. Do you know I spent a month in Geneva?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:32:12 PM

Oh gosh, I didn''t realize you were asking me. You always crack me up. You are the queen of the shortest posts.
31.gif

9.gif
Lol. When I was in grad school, my profs always accepted my papers even though they were below the word minimum.

I absolutely love love love Australia.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The only problem is that it''s winter in Sydney now. The cold won''t bother me, but the short days will be a bummer. Switzerland will be restful. Do you know I spent a month in Geneva?
Cool. Hubby was trying to get a job in Geneva and then a job came up in Tokyo but he wouldn''t do it because he would have to travel and leave me alone. I said he should do it but he thought I would be super lonely. Oh well.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:14:53 PM
What''s wrong, Ellen?
9.gif
Nothing Harriet.
1.gif

I hate you.
25.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif
She is! And I was just thinking the other day how talkative she''s gotten. lol
9.gif

Isn''t the Grand Canyon amazing?? I wanted to ride the mule to the bottom and back up when we went, but at 6 months pregnant, it wasn''t such a feasable idea.
8.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 7:48:33 PM
Author: Ellen

She is! And I was just thinking the other day how talkative she's gotten. lol
9.gif

Isn't the Grand Canyon amazing?? I wanted to ride the mule to the bottom and back up when we went, but at 6 months pregnant, it wasn't such a feasable idea.
8.gif

LOMAO!!!!

The Grand Canyon takes my breath away, literally! I am glad you didn't ride a mule while pregnant.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results