shape
carat
color
clarity

USA Certed Diamonds, Martin Sheffield, and St. Louis appraiser Therese Kienstra

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dexter929

Rough_Rock
I''ve just completed the purchase of a 1.03 ct Marquise through Martin Sheffield of USA Certed Diamonds. My experience throughout the entire process was wonderful. I am a first time buyer and I encourage others to give Martin a try.

On another note, if there are any people in and around St. Louis, MO who need an appraiser, you will want to contact Therese Kienstra at 314-862-5054. She is extremely thorough, exacting and professional.

The diamond''s specs are:

Marquise
10.39 x 5.36 x 3.28
1.03 carat
Depth 61.2%
Table 59%
Girdle Thin to Medium Facted
Culet None
Polish Good
Symmetry Very Good
SI1
E
No Fluor

Now my next step is to get the stone set! Once done I will post pictures!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great! I am glad it worked out! I can''t wait to see photos of this bad boy.
35.gif

Did Therese provide you with any photos and all the papers for insurance?

Dexter929

Rough_Rock
I''m going to have it appraised by Therese once the stone is set. She wants all the detailed information on the setting and obviously knows everything about the stone. The stone is insured at the moment just in case I get jumped or drive into a lake. I think I''m going to go with a platinum head with claw style prongs.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh good choice! I cannot wait to see this ring!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I, too purchased a marquise from Martin recently. Glad to hear everything worked out well. Please tell, how will you set it
3.gif
?

Yahoo, I'm a cut rock now!!!!

Dexter929

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 6:37:52 PM
Author: jazmine
I, too purchased a marquise from Martin recently. Glad to hear everything worked out well. Please tell, how will you set it
3.gif
?

Yahoo, I''m a cut rock now!!!!
At first I was going to use a white gold head (the setting is white gold) with 4 "regular" prongs and then V prongs at the end. After much discussion with my appraiser, I''ve decided to go with a platinum head with 4 "claw" prongs. This will leave the tips uncovered. My appraiser, in her own opinion, said it is such a beautiful stone that covering the tips might detract from the the brilliance. I''m going to pick out a head tonight.

I can hardly wait to propose!!!!!

iceman1

Rough_Rock
I would have it appraised before it is set. Settings tend to block visibility to many areas on and within the stone.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I can''t wait to see your ring!

I didn''t know of any independent appraisers in St. Louis so I''m glad to have a name now. Thanks!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a great experience with Martin. It sounds as if you got a beautiful diamond, and we want to see pics when they are available.

I don''t want to scare you, and you may do as you wish, but I would be careful leaving the tips of a marquise uncovered. They are prone to damage as they are the thinnest point and they come to a point. If your girl is at all accident prone, I would think twice about this method of setting. Just my .02.

Shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting, I can''t wait to see some pics!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 8:44:10 PM
Author: kaleigh
How exciting, I can''t wait to see some pics!!!
36.gif

me too
36.gif

Dexter929

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/13/2005 8:30:12 PM
Author: Shay37
Congrats on a great experience with Martin. It sounds as if you got a beautiful diamond, and we want to see pics when they are available.

I don''t want to scare you, and you may do as you wish, but I would be careful leaving the tips of a marquise uncovered. They are prone to damage as they are the thinnest point and they come to a point. If your girl is at all accident prone, I would think twice about this method of setting. Just my .02.

Shay
Interesting that you wrote that, because after talking with several people, it has been decided that hte head is going to be a tulip head in platinum. I should have everything together by the end of next week!

Thanks to all for your advice, comments, and encouragement!

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results